For the first time, pumpkin seed oil was produced in Medieval Europe. Due to its beneficial properties, this product was worth its weight in gold and was notable for its high cost. Later, oil from pumpkin seeds began to produce in Russia. Today, many people rightly appreciate the beneficial properties of this miraculous elixir. So what is fraught with pumpkin oil - good or harm? We will talk about this today.
Pumpkin Seed Oil: Benefit and Harm
Pumpkin seed oil is most often produced by cold pressing technology. As a rule, it has a very dark, almost black shade. Pumpkin seed oil has indisputable benefits, but can also be harmful. How to take such a drug, every herbalist knows. Even practicing physicians in some cases prescribe the reception of this oil extract.
Before considering the list of beneficial properties of oil from pumpkin seeds, it is necessary to find out its component composition, because it is due to the high content of beneficial and fortified micro and macro elements that this drug can indeed be considered healing.
So, the following components are a part of oil from pumpkin seeds:
- polysaturated fats;
- B vitamins, in particular, riboflavin, pyridoxine, nicotinic acid;
- vitamin C;
- substances similar in composition to hormones;
In addition, in the oil from pumpkin seeds is a huge number of elements from the periodic table. Magnesium, zinc, ferrum and selenium are found in high concentration in this oil extract.
Useful properties and application
Pumpkin seed oil has found its application not only in the treatment of a number of diseases and pathologies, but also in cosmetology. Useful properties of this substance are inextricably linked with its component composition. What can be achieved by eating pumpkin oil? Pumpkin seed oil has a beneficial and invigorating effect on the following vital systems:
It has a number of healing properties, in particular:
- wound healing;
With it you can heal the sores on the skin. Regular intake of oil from pumpkin seeds helps to improve the condition of the liver and restore damaged cells, and also normalizes the secretion of bile. People who take this oil, note that they have normalized the work of the digestive tract, decreased gas formation. In combination with pharmacological drugs with it you can get rid of a number of ailments:
- ulcerative pathologies;
- chronic constipation;
- cystitis of any form;
Often, pumpkin oil is advised to take people to eliminate parasitic microorganisms. Often, this particular oil extract is included in the complex of helminth treatment.
As already mentioned, the oil from pumpkin seeds has found wide application in cosmetology. With the help of its fortified composition it is possible to improve the condition of the skin, nail plates and hair. In addition, the oil helps to normalize vision.
Doctors-dermatologists advise to use pumpkin seed oil to treat a number of pathologies:
- dermatitis of various forms;
- fungal infections;
The presence of saturated fats and omega-3 in pumpkin oil contributes to the improvement of metabolic processes, as well as the enhancement of immunity. Treatment specialists recommend taking such an oil extract to prevent atherosclerosis and ischemic abnormalities of the heart muscle.
Beauticians advise to use it to moisturize the skin. Many cosmetics containing pumpkin seed oil are used as lip balms. Pumpkin seed oil is found in many masks. With it, you can not only well moisturize the skin at the intercellular level, but also enrich them with collagen.
Contraindications to the use of pumpkin oil
Despite this number of beneficial properties, pumpkin seed oil should not be used by all people. Contraindications include:
- increased sensitivity or intolerance to active ingredients;
- the development of gallstone disease, especially in the acute stage;
- cholecystitis disease.
If you have any diseases you need to consult with your healthcare professional. He may recommend that you take oil from pumpkin seeds, but only in a certain dosage.
How to take oil extract?
There are a huge number of recipes for traditional medicine based on oil extract from pumpkin seeds. We describe only the most effective and most common ones.
Recipe number 1
As already mentioned, pumpkin seed oil has found wide application in cosmetology. For natural moisturizing of the skin at the intercellular level, you can make such a mask.
- food gelatin - 10 g;
- purified water (cooled) - 50 g;
- pumpkin seed oil - 1 tbsp. l .;
- chicken yolk.
Preparation and use:
- Put the food gelatin in a separate container and cover with chilled water.
- Leave this mixture to swell for about 50-60 minutes.
- After the allotted time, steam the gelatin mixture and cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat well. It’s best to use a blender or mixer, as you should have a foam mass.
- Apply the prepared mixture on clean skin and leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the rest of the mixture thoroughly with warm water. Perform such a procedure should be at least 1 time in 7 days.
Recipe number 2
To cleanse the skin, you can use the oil from pumpkin seeds in its pure form.
- purified water;
- gauze cut;
- pumpkin seed oil
Preparation and use:
- Take a gauze cut so large that it completely covers the skin of the face.
- Dampen it thoroughly in warm purified water, then squeeze.
- In a shallow container, pour in pumpkin oil. Dampen gauze in it.
- Apply gauze cut to face and wait 25 minutes.
- Remove the remains of oil extract with a wadded disk.
- Repeat the procedure at least once every 5 days.
Recipe number 3
Unfortunately, many representatives of the strong half of humanity who have reached middle age face masculine impotence. For the treatment of prostate adenoma, you can use oil from pumpkin seeds.
- warm purified water - 250 ml;
- oil from pumpkin seeds - 1 tbsp. l
Preparation and use:
- Mix oil extract with water.
- Take a small syringe or douching bag.
- Insert the prepared mixture into the anus, only gently. No need to do this quickly.
- Lie on your side for about 25 minutes.
- To undergo a full course of treatment, you need to spend 1 liter of pumpkin oil.
Recipe number 4
For the treatment of diseases of the digestive tract is recommended to use only pure pumpkin seed oil. It can be added to ready meals or used separately as a medicine. For the treatment of gastritis and ulcerative pathologies, you need to take 1-2 tsp daily three times a day. oil extract one hour before meals. After a long reception, be sure to take a break. As practice shows, bouts of heartburn disappear within five minutes after taking the oil extract.
Many people leave feedback that use pumpkin seed oil to fill the first and second courses. It has an amazing aroma and taste, in addition, it is very good for health. The representatives of the fair sex say that with the help of pumpkin oil they manage to control their body mass. It is very often used for the purpose of weight loss. To do this, just enter this oil extract in the diet.
Some people leave comments that as a result of regular consumption of pumpkin seed oil, they feel better, they rarely get sick with colds, and the digestive tract is getting better. In addition, according to many women, this oil has helped to restore the skin's former elasticity and freshness.
As you can see, pumpkin seed oil has a number of beneficial properties, so it can truly be considered a vitamin well. If you want to improve your health, then take the oil in the prescribed manner, but only after prior consultation with your doctor. You can use oil to treat nails and hair. Be always healthy and beautiful!