As you know, a headache can cause a lot of trouble. They try to ignore or suppress it with medicines, considering it as a temporary and short-term symptom. However, the pain returns again and again, sometimes concentrating in one side. What if the throbbing pain is concentrated on the right side of the head?
Causes of disease
If the pain is localized in the right side of the head, do not hesitate - contact the doctor. The main cause of discomfort is often a migraine - an insidious disease that can be transmitted genetically. Women aged 20 to 40 are more susceptible to it than men, but the latter are no exception.
Migraine can be recognized by the following symptoms:
- the pain is severe, excruciating, localized in one place, concentrated closer to the temples, and does not extend to the whole head;
- accompanied by visual impairment, sensitivity;
- nausea, bouts of vomiting, inability to lead a full life;
- cooling of the limbs, chills;
- the attacks exhausting, proceed from several hours to several days.
Among the factors that can cause migraine, often called:
- changes in the weather;
- forced abrupt change in the height of stay;
- reaction to certain foods, fasting, poor-quality food;
- loud noises;
- hormonal changes;
- bad habits;
- bright light.
One of the most painful types of migraine is paroxysmal hemcrania. It is characterized by shooting pain in the right side of the head, attacks of varying duration, sometimes lasting at least a day. In this case, the pupils narrow, there is redness of the eye proteins, the nose is stuffed up, eyes are watering.
Cluster migraine manifests itself even more violently. It arises suddenly and reaches its peak in a few minutes. This pain can come several times a day, and only once a week. This disease is more susceptible to men. As in the case of the previous type of migraine, cluster pain covers the eyes and may even extend to the cheek area.
Migraine is not the only reason why the right side of the head can hurt. There are other factors:
- inflammation of the organs of vision, with the head ache on the right side from above;
- sinus infection;
- swelling (pain sensation gradually increases, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, dizziness);
- head injuries;
- osteochondrosis of the vertebrae in the neck (parallel to the patient, tinnitus, dizziness, burning sensation in the back of the head);
- bleeding inside the skull (at the same time there is loss of consciousness, dizziness, nausea);
- Kosten syndrome (associated with dysfunction of the temporomandibular joint).
Another insidious factor that can provoke a headache is glaucoma. This increased intraocular pressure, which at first may not manifest itself. After a certain period of development of the disease, there is a pulsating pain in the right temple. She is accompanied by:
- redness of the eyelids, eyes;
- blurred vision;
- nausea and vomiting;
- general weakness.
The sooner the disease is diagnosed, the better. This will avoid many complications.
Timely diagnosis will recognize the disease at an early stage and begin treatment. Among the available research methods, physicians distinguish:
- computed tomography of the brain;
You may need to consult narrow specialists:
- a dentist;
- sometimes a psychiatrist.
Only a comprehensive examination will determine the true cause of the disease.
There are many techniques for the treatment of pulsating pain in the right side of the head, both medicamentous and using unconventional techniques.
Doctors consider the following general restorative measures:
- manual massage;
- cold compresses.
Along with these methods, drug therapy is possible:
These remedies provide an analgesic effect. They eliminate the symptom only for a while, but do not cure the disease.
The best remedy for migraines will be their timely prevention:
- correct lifestyle. It involves regular walks in the fresh air, exercise, timely rest. Neglecting this rule; overvoltage can be dangerous to health;
- rarely visit places where many needles grow. Inhalation of resinous aromas can trigger migraine attacks;
- yoga or other soothing practitioners;
- Restriction in the menu of fried, smoked, salty, more active introduction of vegetables, fruits, water and natural juices into it.
These recommendations are relevant not only as preventive measures, but also as one of the ways to eliminate an attack. Ideally, the patient will combine it with drug treatment and alternative therapy. In this case, there is hope to permanently defeat the migraine.
A headache of a certain location is far from a safe symptom. It not only causes severe discomfort, but also is a signal that you need to pay attention to your health. In particular, migraines are a kind of litmus test, showing that the body is crying for help and mercy to itself.