The problem of blood pressure surges is becoming more acute with each day and today not only elderly people, but also young people are familiar with it. At the same time, if the decrease rarely raises concerns, due to the fact that it is restored to the norm is quite simple, then the increase is much more unpredictable and can carry with it extremely undesirable consequences. Therefore, persons suffering from hypertension, you need to know the list of pills that bring down the pressure.
How do pressure medicines work?
First you need to understand how the fluctuations in blood pressure occur and what they depend on. The process of increasing the pressure itself is most often characterized by the contraction of the vessels, which entails the deterioration of their capacity. However, blood flow problems - the key to pressure fluctuations - can also be caused by "pollution" of the vessels or an increase in the amount of blood distilled in the arteries. In rare cases, violations of cardiac activity manifest themselves. In addition, doctors note the interrelationship of the arterial vessels and kidneys, which, when properly and accurately eliminating water and urea, do not allow the pressure to rise arbitrarily.
- When do you need to shoot down pressure? First of all, you should turn to your well-being: the rise in blood pressure can be triggered by physical exertion (classical vasospasm and blood circulation acceleration), which usually does not bear consequences and is regulated by the body without outside intervention. But if a headache, nausea, tremor and other symptoms are attached to the test results with a tonometer, you should get the medicine.
- Do not try to fit your body under the mythical "universal" indicators: the fact that for someone the norm, for you can be really dangerous. Some sources claim that tablets should be contacted only after the tonometer demonstrates the figures 150/95, but for chronic hypotension, whose rate is 90/60, even 105/70 will already be noticeable if this is not a physiological increase.
Why do you need to shoot down the pressure? As already mentioned, this process is characterized by impaired blood flow, which not only creates pressure on the vessels, but also carries danger to the heart, eyes, brain, and kidneys. Frequent and severe blood pressure jumps increase the likelihood of a heart attack, stroke, internal hemorrhage.
- Long-term therapy prescribed only for pathological indicators, for which today adopted the figures 140/90. Single medication can be carried out at any values of systolic and diastolic pressure, if there is a significant deterioration in health.
- All antihypertensive drugs are divided into 6 groups, each of which is focused on certain prerequisites for an increase in pressure. Substitutions of a medicine prescribed by a doctor can be made only within one category, but it is better not to carry out an independent choice of a remedy.
Are there pressure pills without side effects? This question is especially often asked by pregnant women, since most antihypertensive drugs are prohibited for use while waiting for a child. But even if we speak in general about the absence of hypothetical negative reactions to the drug, it is immediately clear that there is no such miracle remedy. No doctor will not guarantee that it is you who will not show a negative response to the pill.
List of pressure pills in alphabetical order with expert advice
The most common and safe category of drugs for high blood pressure is diuretics, i.e. drugs that provoke the withdrawal of liquids, thereby reducing the load on the vessels. They can be thiazides or sulfonamides, they lower the pressure very gently, which is a plus for hypotensors. The result from taking is observed only after 30-60 minutes, but persists for 12 hours. An overdose of diuretics can manifest itself in the form of general dehydration of the body.
- Hypothiazide. Presented at a dosage of 25 mg and 100 mg of active substance per tablet. For a single single dose, 50 mg is prescribed, for combination with other medicines - up to 25 mg. Contraindications to use are acute renal and hepatic failure, as well as diabetes. It is forbidden to use in the 1st trimester of pregnancy.
- Dichlothiazide. The principle of action is similar, and even the dosage is exactly the same: up to 25 mg when the drug is combined, up to 50 mg in the acute case. Reception on the day one-time.
- Indapamine. Belongs to the group of sulfonamides, used to eliminate primary and secondary hypertension. May be found under the following names: Acripamide, Arifon, Indal. All of these drugs work at the expense of indapamine and are more effective for severe cases of increased pressure. In addition, they are allowed for diabetes.
- Cyclomethiazide. Less common than other names, it is used according to the general scheme for thiazides - to reduce pressure to 50 mg if necessary in a short time, and to 25 mg if this is a long-term therapy.
If we turn to what doctors most often prescribe in municipal clinics, these will be representatives of the ACE inhibitor category: an enzyme that promotes vasoconstriction. In addition, they have a beneficial effect on the heart muscle, facilitating its activity.
- Captopril May occur under the names Alkadil and Kapoten. It helps instantly from pressure, which is why it is recommended for relieving hypertensive crisis, but due to its pronounced effect it is undesirable for long-term treatment: it can greatly lower the pressure, causing loss of consciousness. Like all products of the sulfhydryl group, it is prohibited in diabetes mellitus, ischemia, and in old age. The minimum dosage is 12.5 mg.
- Enalapril Alternative names are Berlipril, Renipril, Enap. Belongs to the carboxyl group and from other drugs from the pressure Enalapril has fewer side effects, among which the most pronounced is a dry cough. Not recommended for diabetes, kidney and liver failure, autoimmune diseases, ischemia. The initial dosage is 5 mg daily 10 mg, maximum 40 mg.
Not so long ago, talking about pills from the pressure of increased long-acting new generation, released just 20 years ago. They are angiotensin III receptor blockers and can gently stop blood pressure surges for 48 hours. All drugs in this group are focused on long-term therapy, since the prolonged result appears only after 28-30 days.
- Of these drugs for pressure Lozap is considered the most famous: it works on the basis of losartan and has generics under the names Bloktran, Vazotenz, Kozar, Prezartan. A single dose, doctors recommend to do it before bedtime; The minimum dosage is 100 mg. Among the contraindications only pregnancy, breastfeeding, excess potassium in the body.
Summing up, it should be said that the number of tablets for high blood pressure today amounts to dozens, and it is impossible to name the only effective remedy. Moreover, for each of the drugs there is an equal number of negative and positive comments. When choosing a medication, be guided by the reasons that caused the pressure jump, and not by its fame.