Chickenpox is a disease familiar to many moms. If a baby has a rash that spreads throughout the body, and fluid accumulates inside each pimple, then it can be said with almost 100% certainty that it is chicken pox. As a rule, its "victims" are children of preschool age, but it also happens that older schoolchildren and even adults fall ill.
If the mother mom, without further ado, lubricates the rash with green paint, then in older age it is not always convenient. How to be in this case? How to smear chickenpox in children except brilliant green, if the latter was not in the home medicine chest?
You're green like a frog!
There are alternative drugs that have replaced zelenka:
- A few years ago Calamine appeared on the pharmaceutical market. Calamine lotion with chickenpox is used due to its property to soothe skin itch, remove peeling, dry the bubbles, reducing swelling and irritation. In addition, the lotion has antiseptic properties, therefore, it disinfects the skin, preventing inflammation and scar formation.
- Parents are familiar with a bright crimson antiseptic used to treat wounds, abrasions, cuts, scratches - fukortsin. Its bright color and the property not to wash off the skin for a long time allows you to apply fukortsin for chickenpox, since the main purpose of using colored preparations is to mark new lesions. It is up to each mother to decide what color her little pet will be painted in, but remember that phenol is a part of fucorcin, a substance that is quite toxic, capable of causing dizziness, nausea, headache and weakness in an overdose. For this reason, fukortsin is not recommended for use on large areas of the skin, and rash on chickenpox can be quite numerous.
- To relieve itching, you can use the drug phenystil with chickenpox. It has antihistamine and antipruritic action, but does not possess antiseptic properties. Phenystyle has a small sedative (sedative) effect. Available in the form of a gel, ointment, drops for oral administration.
- An aqueous solution of potassium permanganate has a good drying and antipruritic effect. They smear bubbles until dry. Potassium permanganate slightly stains the child’s skin, but be careful with this drug: potassium permanganate causes severe skin burns in high concentrations, especially as they treat the wound surface.
- Dried bubbles and has a well-pronounced antiseptic effect of salicylic alcohol, which is available in many home first-aid kits. Apply it with a cotton swab. When using salicylic alcohol, antihistamines can be given to the child, since salicylic alcohol does not soothe the itching.
- The drug based on zinc oxide, tsindol, dries wounds and sores, has an antiseptic effect. Allowed for use from birth, so it can be used for lubrication of varicella eruptions even in infants. Above the wound forms a protective antimicrobial film that prevents infection from entering the wound and promotes even healing.
We treat? Watching!
The essence of the treatment of chickenpox (in the absence of high temperature) is reduced to the care of the rashes and their control. Small children do not tolerate itching, to explain to them that it is impossible to comb the bubbles, it is very difficult, therefore, the task of parents is to prevent infection. In addition, forcibly torn crusts leave an ugly mark on the skin. To this end, the rash is treated with antiseptic and antipruritic drugs.
It is believed that the child is contagious until new rashes appear. This is precisely the reason why green paint is used: it is possible to determine whether another child “spills” or all the blisters have already been processed.
Zelenka is inconvenient, primarily due to the fact that a small child will smear both bed linen and clothes, bottles of brilliant green open difficultly and as a result the whole family is painted in the color of young green. Their aesthetic considerations Zelenka can be replaced by any of the proposed drugs, but it is best to discuss this issue with a pediatrician.