Pine is an evergreen noble tree with leaves in the form of hard sharp needles growing in bundles in pairs. Since ancient times, pine needles, buds and cones have been used to cure many ailments. Nowadays, pine cone tincture has gained particular popularity among herbalists.
This natural material is rich in phytoncides - biologically active substances that contribute to the complete prevention or reduction of the growth of bacteria and fungi, as well as enhance the immune defense of the body. Tannin, which is part of the cones is a medicinal substance that helps in the fight against heart disease and has anti-inflammatory action.
Pine cones contain vitamins C, B, K and R. Vitamin C or ascorbic acid helps strengthen the immune system and the walls of blood vessels, as well as treat the central nervous system. Vitamins of group B are useful for tissue regeneration, protein synthesis, etc. Vitamin K is involved in strengthening bone tissue. Vitamin P (rutin) has a beneficial effect on the strengthening of the walls of capillaries, the normalization of heart rhythm with its increase and decrease in swelling of tissues.
How to collect pine cones?
You should know that to prepare healing infusions of young cones only. In the second year, the pine fruits, due to the impact of the wind on them, are dried and opened, therefore it is better not to use such buds. It is necessary to take only green and soft fruits with a size of about 4 cm. In addition, it is better to collect cones at the end of June and where there are no highways nearby. In the process of collecting natural material, be sure to pay attention to its appearance. If a tree or cones themselves are affected by insects or diseases, it is better to refuse such raw materials, otherwise you can cause even greater harm to health instead of benefit.
Pine Cones tincture: the best recipes
Tincture of pine cones has a wide scope. For each ailment there is an optimal recipe.
- For the treatment of asthma perfect tincture of pine cones on vodka. For its preparation 1 tbsp. pine cones pour 500 ml of vodka and let it brew in a dark place for 2 weeks, shaking daily. Use 3 times a day, diluting the solution in water at the rate of: 1 tbsp. l tincture 30 g of water.
- Also, this tincture can be used in the form of compresses during swelling of the joints and toes. Take a soft cotton or linen cloth, soak it in a solution, wrap the joint or fingers, wrap it with a plastic bag on top, put on woolen socks and go to bed. In the morning you will feel relief.
- After a stroke, it is very useful to take the cones tincture prepared according to the following recipe: rinse 5 cones and pour 250 ml of alcohol. Leave to infuse at room temperature for 10 days. Then strain and add 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar. For 6 months every day, drink infusion, adding it to tea.
- To prepare tinctures to help with nervous disorders and hypertension, take young bumps, beat them a little with a rolling pin and fill them with a 3-liter jar, pour vodka to the top, cover tightly with a lid and leave to infuse for 1 week. Strain and consume tincture of 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day. Cones can be reused.
- For the treatment of tuberculosis 7-8 small green cones (weighing no more than 100 g), put in a jar, pour 0.5 liters of high-quality vodka, add 1 tbsp. flower honey. Stir and leave for 1 month. After this time, consume 1 tbsp. l after meal. Children older than 10 years should be given 1 tsp, but only with the permission of the doctor.
It is important to remember that the use of tincture of pine cones is contraindicated in alcoholism, hepatitis, pregnancy and lactation, migraines and allergic reactions to the components of the product. It is worth noting that an overdose in the use of tincture can lead to problems with the gastrointestinal tract, so before you start taking it, it is recommended to consult a specialist.