Each of us is well known such a flower as chamomile. Medicinal properties and contraindications of this not only decorative, but also medicinal plants should also be well known. After all, people often use the infusion of "simple" chamomile, without first reading the instructions for use.
The healing properties of chamomile used in folk medicine since antiquity, they are proven by the experience of many generations. Modern official medicine also recognized preparations from the leaves and flowers of chamomile rather effective means against many diseases.
Chamomile - the flower of health
The stems, leaves and flowers of this plant contain:
- essential oils;
- many useful organic acids;
- fatty acid glycerides;
- pectins and vitamin-mineral complex;
- beta carotene;
- unique broad spectrum substances.
Chamomile based products:
- destroy pathogenic bacteria;
- stop inflammation;
- have a calming and tonic effect on the central nervous system;
- stop bleeding - both external and internal;
- treat infectious and viral diseases, avitaminosis;
- promote sweating during colds, reducing body temperature;
- improve the condition of the mucous membrane of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract;
- rejuvenate and restore problem skin;
- eliminate cough;
- strengthen the immune system;
- relieve cramps and pain;
- whet the appetite;
- exhibit a mild diuretic and choleretic effect;
- they cleanse the body of substances that clog up the blood vessels and cause poisoning;
- support the functioning of the female reproductive sphere;
- compensate for the lack of calcium in the body;
- normalize the work of the digestive organs;
- favor normal metabolism.
Chamomile tea is suitable for rinsing the throat and mouth with:
Inhalations based on this plant will help with:
- inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx;
- runny nose;
Decoctions and infusions are used:
- to relieve intestinal colic in newborns;
- rubbing of prickly heat in children;
- bowel disorders;
- polyps in the nose;
- symptoms of early menopause;
- pathologies of the kidneys and liver;
- heartburn caused by increased acidity of gastric juice.
Chamomile flowers are widely used in aromatherapy. Medicinal properties and contraindications for inhalation of the smell of petals are incommensurable. This smell:
- stimulates brain activity;
- gives stress resistance;
- does not allow depression.
This fragrance will not harm anyone except those for whom it is an allergen.
Chamomile - part of the beauty recipes, healing properties and contraindications of this gift of nature for women are of particular interest. Infusion or decoction is needed as a conditioner (to give the hair a bright shade and strengthen the bulbs), useful as a means for removing makeup.
Chamomile provides the following effect:
- ice cubes from the broth are suitable for processing the face in order to improve the appearance and eliminate pigmentation;
- applications will help restore the skin's firmness and elasticity, moisturize the skin and remove swelling;
- washing up tones the skin and create a protective barrier;
- rubbing stimulates the blood supply to the skin, refreshes, improves metabolic processes;
- warm compresses and steam baths expand the pores of the skin, enhance nutrition, clean the rash of various etiologies.
When fighting dandruff, chamomile decoction is rubbed into the hair roots after washing. To achieve good results, 15-20 procedures are required.
It is very easy to prepare chamomile-based medicines.
Universal chamomile infusion
- Take 1 tbsp. l dry or fresh chamomile flowers.
- Fill them with 200 ml of boiling water.
- The resulting drink should be infused until completely cooled.
- When ingestion should be observed dosage of 70 ml three times a day.
- 2 tbsp. l chamomile flowers, pour 200 ml of cold, pre-purified water.
- In a tightly closed enamel saucepan, place the composition in a water bath and boil for 20-25 minutes.
- Thoroughly strain the broth to obtain a clear liquid.
- Add 200 ml of filtered water to the liquid.
For compresses, use the product obtained from 2 tbsp. l flowers and leaves of chamomile, filled with boiling water and infused for 2 hours.
With colds and diseases of the joints, such a procedure would not be superfluous.
- 8 tbsp. l Chamomile flowers, filled with boiling water, insist about an hour.
- Strain the infusion and add to bath water, which should be no more than 37 ° C.
- Take a bath for 8-10 minutes for 2 weeks.
The problem of excessive sweating of the legs can be solved with the help of a foot bath:
- 3 tbsp. l All parts of chamomile pour hot water.
- The filtered liquid with chamomile is added to the basin with water for washing the feet.
These are not the only recipes that use chamomile as an ingredient. Tea from it can be a great addition to the diet, the main thing is to always take into account the healing properties and contraindications of this drink.
- 1 tbsp. l chopped chamomile brew in a liter of boiling water.
- In tea, add honey and lemon juice to taste.
- You can drink no more than 1 cup per day.
Use chamomile correctly!
To avoid unpleasant side effects, you need to know that chamomile pharmacy has not only medicinal properties, but also contraindications. Therapy by this plant is strictly prohibited in case of detection:
- anacid gastritis;
- frequent diarrhea;
- allergic reaction to its components;
- concurrent treatment with sedative and blood-thinning drugs.
Permanent use of this remedy, high concentration of infusion or overdose leads to:
- irritability and fits of anger;
- weakness and headache;
- pregnant women - to spontaneous abortion (miscarriage).
Remember that the healing herb called "chamomile" is a serious drug, therefore its healing properties will not manifest when there are contraindications - on the contrary, it will be harmful to health. Despite the truly popular popularity of this herb, before using drugs based on it, do not forget to consult a doctor who is fully familiar with your history. If you are using chamomile for the first time, first conduct an allergy test to exclude individual intolerance. Moisten with a small amount of decoction of the wrist - in case of a negative result, itching and noticeable irritation of the skin will start to bother you.
In the event of a number of health problems, as well as in the preservation of beauty and in the prevention of certain diseases, chamomile, well-known in our latitudes, will certainly help you. Medicinal properties and contraindications of this flower are necessary knowledge for everyone who resorts to using a green pharmacy. The gifts of nature are incredibly valuable, the main thing is to learn how to use them wisely.