Pain in the muscles limits the mobility of a person, interferes with physical development and spoils the mood. Symptoms of the syndrome of the pear muscle are very painful, and they can be eliminated only with the help of complex treatment. Anyone who has encountered this problem should immediately start solving it, otherwise the quality of life will deteriorate significantly.
The pear-shaped muscle is located under the buttock muscle. Due to an unsuccessful injection, osteochondrosis, exacerbation of diseases of the pelvic organs, excessive loads or hypothermia, a pathologically tense muscle can cause compression of the sciatic nerve and blood vessels. If the syndrome of the piriformis muscle becomes the cause of infringement of the nerve roots of the spine, a radicular syndrome joins, fraught with not only pain in the extremities, but also inflammation.
Whims of the pear-shaped muscle
Discomfort in this disease never goes unnoticed, because:
- there are severe aching or burning pains in the buttocks, which often extend to the thighs or lower legs;
- there is a weakening of the leg or foot, as a result of which the knee is bent with difficulty;
- it is impossible to smooth and spread legs without pain;
- probing while relaxing makes it possible to identify muscle tension, while pressing, the patient suffers from pain;
- pelvic floor musculature tense;
- tapping on the pear-shaped muscle causes pain in the back of the foot;
- in the supine position, discomfort is reduced.
When the pulsation of the arteries deteriorates:
- the skin on the affected area becomes less sensitive, pale and dry, sometimes acquires a bluish tint;
- local temperature decreases by 1-2 ° С, and the lower extremity constantly freezes;
- numbness of outer leg or foot;
- cramps begin in the affected leg, provoking lameness.
When the sciatic nerve is impaired, the pain is aggravated after
- climate change;
- sharp movements;
- long standing;
- attempts to crouch or lean forward without bending your legs.
How to "release" the nerves or blood vessels?
Discomfort can be alleviated with the help of analgesics, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic drugs, physiological and vacuum therapy. But such actions are not enough - it is necessary to apply treatment methods that eliminate the cause of the syndrome of the pear-shaped muscle, they are available both in the hospital and at home.
The specialist kneads the paravertebral zone with massage movements and gradually moves to the lumbosacral region, the back surface of the leg. The session should last 15-20 minutes, the course of treatment includes about 15 procedures with a repetition in a month. Using this method, it is advisable to visit a doctor once a week to monitor the results.
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Sergey Bubnovsky believes that the painful symptoms of the syndrome of the piriformis muscle can be forgotten thanks to simple treatment, which consists in physical activity. Here are universal movements that help make the muscle less tense:
- lying on a hard surface with bent legs, put your feet shoulder-width apart and begin to join and separate your knees;
- Lie on your back, place bent lower limbs on the floor, flatten your feet and knees, and then gently tilt your knees in different directions;
- standing on all fours, bend the leg and move to the side, then slowly straighten and return to the starting position. Repeat for both limbs;
- Sit down so that the body and legs form a right angle, put a sore leg on a healthy knee and gradually tilt the torso forward.
Gymnastics should take place at a sufficiently slow pace, so as not to have to experience severe pain.
The syndrome of the piriformis muscle manifests itself in very unpleasant symptoms and requires versatile methods of treatment. You can relax your pelvic muscles and stop neuropathy without hospitalization - you need to consult a doctor, invite an experienced massage therapist, and perform simple gymnastic exercises daily. To wrinkle from pain or get rid of the pinched nerves forever - it's up to you.