Dental problems always provoke pain and significant material costs. But some of them are quite possible, if not cured, then mitigate the symptoms or prevent. One of these diseases is periodontitis. Treatment at home allows you to achieve positive dynamics for a fairly short period of time.
What is periodontitis?
Periodontitis is a disease of the tissues of the oral cavity, which entails a violation of the ligaments that fix the tooth in the bones of the jaw. In terms of prevalence, it is in the same position as caries. The main cause of both diseases is insufficient oral hygiene, which leads to deposits on the teeth. Such accumulations of food residues provoke active development of microorganisms that cause irreparable damage to the gums and teeth.
Paradontitis and paradontosis: differences
Often periodontitis and periodontal disease are confused, since both diseases lead to changes in the periodontal structure - the tissue surrounding the teeth. However, these diseases:
- manifest differently (inflammation of the gums is characteristic for periodontitis, it is not present for periodontal disease);
- have a different location (periodontitis affects 1 or more teeth, periodontal disease - the whole jaw);
- provoke various related problems (with parodontitis often there are carious lesions, with periodontitis - wedge-shaped destruction of the gum tissue);
- proceed with certain differences (with periodontitis, the patient suffers from bleeding gums, with periodontal disease - only in the last stages of the disease).
Paradontitis: Symptoms and Treatment
Periodontitis has a number of fairly pronounced symptoms that allow you to start treatment on time and thereby contribute to solving the problem. But it should be noted that the manifestations of periodontitis are periodic:
- itching in the gum area (especially while brushing your teeth);
- putrid breath;
- bleeding (usually during brushing);
- slight swelling of the outer and inner gums;
- the appearance of clefts between the teeth.
Drug treatment of periodontitis with antibiotics is prescribed in the late stages of development, when the intervals between symptoms are reduced, and suppuration begins. In advanced cases, surgery is possible, which eliminates the mobility of the teeth. In the early stages of treatment are used:
- thorough cleaning of teeth, including regular removal of plaque deposits;
- irrigation with drug solutions.
Folk remedies for periodontal treatment
Very effective in the treatment of periodontal (especially at the initial stage) folk remedies. The most commonly used herbal extracts are:
- oak bark;
- lime blossom.
To make an infusion, you need 2 tbsp. l herbs pour a glass of boiling water, let it brew for a couple of hours and rinse after each meal.
No less effective and compresses. For example, from black tea and garlic.
- 2 tsp. black tea;
- 1 tbsp. boiling water;
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- Fill the tea with boiling water, let it brew for 15 minutes.
- Finely cut the garlic (you can use a grater).
- Mix the garlic and tea.
With the cooled mixture, soak a piece of gauze and apply to the gums before bed for 30 minutes.
In addition, you can rub the gums with iodized salt, smeared with fir or sea buckthorn oil. It is necessary to carry out these procedures after brushing your teeth with a paste.
All home treatment procedures must be combined with measures aimed at general strengthening of the body, in particular, eating foods rich in vitamin C (black currants, oranges, lemons, etc.)
Home remedies based on honey and propolis
The most effective means of treatment of periodontitis at home is honey. Special compresses are made from it, which are applied at night.
- 1 tbsp. l honey;
- 2 tbsp. l salt.
- Melt the honey in a water bath.
- Add salt to it, mix well.
- The resulting mixture is put in a gauze bag and applied to the gums.
Not less useful and tincture of propolis, which can be purchased at the pharmacy. After dissolving 25 drops in a glass of water, the resulting liquid should be rinsed 5-6 times a day for a month. If you are unable to purchase, you can prepare this tincture yourself.
- 30 g of propolis;
- 100 ml of vodka.
- Mix propolis with vodka.
- Pour the mixture into the bottle.
- We put in a dark place for 2 weeks.
At least 2 weeks with this solution will have to rinse your mouth after brushing your teeth for 3-5 minutes 5-6 times a day, and maybe about a month.
Prevention of periodontitis
In order not to search the Internet and medical literature means for the treatment of periodontal disease, it can be prevented. For this:
- brush your teeth at least 2 times a day (and always before bedtime);
- when brushing, massage the gums with a stiff brush and clean the spaces between the teeth;
- use dental floss after meals;
- rinse your mouth regularly with infusions of herbs;
- eat hard fruits and vegetables (this will not only provide the body with vitamins, but also remove plaque from the teeth in a natural way);
- visit the dentist once every 6 months for timely diagnosis of any specific problems.
Prevention of dental problems is always more successful than treatment. But, if you have been diagnosed with periodontitis, treatment at home is quite possible, especially in the early stages. The later stages of the disease should be treated with medication. But then the doctor should be already engaged in an extract of antibiotics and therapy as a whole already.