Pain during urination worries women who have encountered this problem at least once. Some at the first symptoms immediately turn to a urologist or gynecologist to identify the true cause of pain during urination.
In fact, the reasons for the appearance of pain during urination in women are a sufficient number, and not necessarily these causes can be associated with cystitis or urethritis.
Pain when urinating in women: causes
If you are worried about pain during bladder emptying, this indicates an infection of the urogenital system.
In addition to pain when urinating, women usually simultaneously experience strong urge to empty their bladder, as well as burning or itching in the genital area.
These symptoms can cause serious illnesses. Consider each of the diseases that pain can accompany when urinating in women.
- Gonorrhea - the defeat of the mucous gonococcus. Gonorrhea is an infection caused by a special type of bacteria - the gonococcus of the genus Neisseria. This is a sexually transmitted disease. The organs of the genitourinary system become the targets of gonococcal disease: the urethra, the cervix, and conjunctivitis also appears. In 70% of cases in women, gonorrhea occurs without symptoms, but in some women gonorrhea is accompanied by purulent vaginal discharge and painful sensations during bladder emptying.
- Urethritis - inflammation of the urethra, urethra. A typical manifestation of pain during urination in women is a constant or arising pain during urination and discharge from it. In women with urethritis, pain may be permanent or temporary. In acute diseases of urethritis, the pain is sharp and painful. In chronic urethritis, pain during urination is not as severe and is accompanied by burning sensations in the vaginal area.
- Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted sexually transmitted disease. Pathogens - Trichomonas, who live in the vagina. Infection in the body is accompanied by inflammation of the urethra. For women with trichomoniasis, inflammation of the vagina, glands that secrete mucous grease or cervix are characteristic. Treatment for trichomoniasis is prescribed by a doctor, and both partners are treated with antibacterial drugs.
- Chlamydia is an infectious disease that belongs to venereal diseases. Chlamydia affects the genitals and urinary tract. One of the symptoms of chlamydia is pain when urinating in women. In this case, the pain is sharp and is characterized by burning of the genitals. If time does not prescribe treatment, chlamydia can lead to infertility.
- Cystitis is inflammation of the bladder, one of the most common inflammatory processes that occur in the urogenital organs. As a rule, women suffer from cystitis. The main symptoms of cystitis are abdominal pain, pus in the urine and pain when urinating. As the disease develops, the discomfort during urination increases and becomes permanent, sometimes it can lead to urine retention.
- Urolithiasis, or urolithiasis, is characterized by the formation of stones in any organ of the urogenital system. All people are affected by urolithiasis, regardless of age or gender. If stones form in the bladder, pain may occur during urination. When urolithiasis characteristic frequent urge to empty the bladder, which occur during exercise and shaking.
- Candidiasis (thrush) - a fungal infection that is manifested by burning and itching in the vaginal area. In the common people candidiasis is known as thrush. Persistent itching plagues a woman, and sometimes even causes neurotic states. During candidiasis from the vagina, there is an abundant white discharge, similar to coagulated milk. If candidiasis is started, pain and burning may occur when urinating in women.
If you feel pain when urinating, immediately contact a specialist in no case do not self-medicate, so as not to provoke the appearance of complications. Only a qualified doctor will be able to determine the cause of pain during urination and prescribe the necessary treatment to the woman. So do not be lazy and at the first signs of the disease, run to the doctor to prevent the development of the disease.