Anyone knows that toothache can not be tolerated. An attack can occur at any time of the day and last for a very long time, and it is not always possible to get an appointment with a dentist quickly. Therefore, on hand you need to have an effective pain reliever that helps with toothache for both adults and children.
The better to remove toothache?
Toothache is a very common pathological symptom. It can be caused by a variety of factors. Proper treatment can only be prescribed by a specialist. But the pain can take them by surprise on holidays, away from home, when there is no opportunity to go to an appointment with a dentist. Therefore, in the first aid kit of each person should be drugs that can quickly and effectively cope with toothache.
In the pharmaceutical industry, there are several categories of painkillers for relieving and reducing toothache:
- tablets, suspensions, powders;
What painkillers are effective?
Tablets, suspensions, powders are available, simple and convenient forms of drugs. They can be quickly taken in any conditions, just by drinking water. But you should not count on instant results. The effect is achieved 30-40 minutes after taking the drug.
Gels work faster, but they do not give such a lasting effect as tablets or powders. Before using the tool should carefully clean unhealthy tooth from food debris. Effective dental gels include:
Tooth drops act instantly, providing a calming effect on damaged nerve endings. A tiny piece of cotton is moistened with a couple of drops of the solution and put into the hollow of a tooth or applied to it.
Drops and gels are well combined with tablets, suspensions or powders, because sometimes an attack of acute toothache occurs completely suddenly. It can be so strong that it is almost impossible to withstand 20 minutes while the pills work.
The strength of the most effective for toothache are injections. Highly active components are injected directly into the painful area - due to this, they very quickly reach the irritated nerve roots and stop the attack. The most commonly used solutions of Diclofenac and Ketorol. This procedure can only be trusted to the dentist, you should not perform the injection yourself.
Strong pain pills
How to relieve an acute toothache - the only question tormenting sufferers. For unbearable pain, to endure which there are no forces, the following drugs will be most effective:
The drugs have a long-lasting effect (up to 6 hours) and begin to arrest the painful process, reducing its intensity, after 10 minutes. The most popular pain relief pills for toothache, as Ketanov and its analogues. But these funds have multiple contraindications and a lot of side effects. In particular, it is drowsiness and lethargy, which is especially dangerous for drivers and people engaged in traumatic industries. Therefore, when attacks of toothache, it is desirable to use the minimum dosage and a short course of administration.
Medicines with such active substances as paracetamol, aspirin and ibuprofen are less effective in acute toothache. But they are able to cope with a dull pain syndrome and mild aching pain. They quickly stop the inflammatory process and alleviate the human condition. These drugs also can not boast of prolonged action.
Even less preferred means for relieving toothache are spasmalgists (Papaverine, No-Spa). They are able to eliminate only the weak in severity of pain, and the effect of their reception is also very short.
Folk ways to eliminate toothache
Using the proven recipes of traditional medicine for years, you can prepare painkillers for toothache at home on their own. Most of them act almost instantly, but, alas, alleviate the patient's condition for a while.
- Lightly soak a piece of gauze or cotton wool with propolis tincture and put it into a bad tooth. Be careful: if it hits the gum, it can cause a burn of the mucous membrane. The pain will go away slowly.
- Dip a cotton swab in clove or mint oil and apply to the aching tooth.
- Tincture of calendula will eliminate pain and relieve inflammation. Dilute 5 ml of infusion in 1 tbsp. warm water and rinse your mouth.
- In a glass of warm water dissolve 0.5 tbsp. l sea salt and 5 drops of iodine and rinse the diseased area.
- In the "raging" tooth drip a couple of drops of raw beet juice - and the pain will go away.
- Put some vodka in your mouth and hold it on the side of the diseased tooth as long as you can. First, the pain will intensify, but then you will feel relief.
- Clean the leaves of valerian chop. Keep the resulting gruel between the cheek and the aching tooth until the pain subsides.
- Dissolve soda in warm water and rinse out the mouth as often as possible. At 1 tbsp. water is enough 1 tsp. soda
How to help the child?
It is more difficult to alleviate the suffering of a child than an adult, because, due to the age and individual characteristics of the body, many medications can be contraindicated in children. So how do you relieve toothache in a child?
Children's drugs syrups or tablets - Nurofen, Panadol will help to cope with bouts of pain to the child. You can use dental drops or children's dental gels. Such drugs as Ketanol, even in a reduced dosage, are strictly prohibited to children under 15 years of age.
In addition to the use of medications, you can use the available folk remedies.
- Make a weak salt solution. In a glass of warm water, dilute 1 tsp. salt and allow the child to rinse the mouth.
- Make lotions from broth sage, thyme or mint and attach to the sore spot.
- Dissolve the clove essential oil (3-5 drops) in a glass of warm water and allow the baby to rinse the mouth.
Toothache is a warning signal that not everything is in order with your mouth. Even if you managed to completely stop the pain and it does not return, do not pull on a visit to the dentist. After all, even the best toothache pain reliever is not able to restore the damaged tooth tissue, which can provoke dangerous consequences.