The body reports a health hazard with pain signals. Due to this, many diseases can be stopped at the beginning of their development. Often people complain of pain on the right side under the scapula, varying in intensity and characteristics. Let's see what ailments can cause such a condition.
The unpleasant sensations of this location are not always the same. The pains under the right shoulder blade from the back are:
- nagging, arising from a long stay in an uncomfortable position, especially when the head is tilted;
- acute - during coughing, sneezing, deep breaths or movement;
- sharp, which appear when inhaling or even spontaneously, without visible irritants;
- dull, very long, becoming stronger due to a disturbance of the state of rest, sometimes radiating to the arm.
Decoding of pain signals
The pain on the right side under the scapula is due to a bone lesion, or simply gives back to this area of the body due to the development of other diseases. Here are the main reasons for such discomfort.
- fracture of the scapula (intense aching pain after a direct blow);
- osteomyelitis or tuberculosis of bone tissue (acute or dull pain, fever, weakness);
- benign or malignant tumors (there is pain of any kind).
Diseases of the spine (acute pain)
- intervertebral hernia formed in the thoracic region.
Usually, such an injury is accompanied by edema, with palpation and movements worried about sharp severe pain, you can identify bone fragments.
Such a diagnosis is made when shooting or dull, aching painful sensations, covering the intercostal space. They occur due to compression of the nerve roots of the spinal cord in the upper spinal column or as a result of infection with viral neuroinfection.
- pneumonia of the right lung;
- lung cancer, "sprouted" in the pleura.
If the inflammatory process has spread to the pleura of the lung, in the sternum, as well as on the right side of the back, under the scapula, sharp pains will appear during inhalation and exhalation.
Biliary or hepatic colic
In addition to reziey in the area of the peritoneum and dyspepsia, after eating fatty foods in a person can begin to tingle strongly under the right shoulder blade, collarbone; sometimes it hurts the shoulder and neck.
Complications of gastric and duodenal ulcers
As a result of the transferred abdominal operations, in particular, after perforation of the posterior walls of the stomach or duodenum, the risk of formation of an abscess under the diaphragm increases. In this case, there may be pulling or tearing pains in the area of interest to us and severe general intoxication of the body.
When the stone clogs the ureter and blocks the path of urine, which should fill the urea, the pelvis and calyx of the kidney are stretched, and the person suffers from an acute pain attack. Nausea, hyperthermia may join.
It happens that the only sign of damage to the heart is cutting, pressing or compressive pain under the right shoulder blade.
Inflammation of the skin (dull pains are replaced by sharp)
- subcutaneous or intermuscular abscesses;
- systemic scleroderma (in case of severe course, the skin of the chest and back is affected, there is a feeling of “corset”).
Various pain from the right side under the ribs can be localized from the side of the abdomen. This causes suspicion of the development of the following diseases:
- hepatitis A, B, C;
- failure of the liver due to bad habits and poor quality food;
- drug poisoning;
- heart disease;
- inflammation of the pancreas.
Pain is also possible due to pressure on the diaphragm during pregnancy.
We act correctly
The appearance of pain on the right side of the back under the scapula or in the upper right side of the abdomen should alert the person who is not indifferent to his health. You should not try to establish the diagnosis yourself, all the more unacceptable to self-medicate. It is necessary to immediately contact the therapist, who will do a visual and palpatory examination and write out directions for examinations that will help determine the cause of the discomfort:
- urine and blood tests;
- Ultrasound of the internal organs;
- magnetic resonance or computed tomography;
- tissue biopsy.
After receiving the results of the research, the doctor will refer the patient to a narrow specialist who can help solve the problem. Most likely, the patient will be treated:
- surgeon or traumatologist (with injuries of the musculoskeletal system);
- orthopedist (with spinal diseases).
- Gastroenterologist (for problems with the digestive organs);
- nephrologist (with kidney pathologies);
- neuropathologist (in violation of the functioning of the nervous system);
- cardiologist (for heart disease);
- pulmonologist (for illnesses of the respiratory system);
- dermatologist (for skin lesions).
Pain on the right under the shoulder blade or in the hypochondrium cannot be ignored. This threatens not only long-term torture, but also the aggravation of the disease, provoking such pain. The range of ailments with similar symptoms is how wide that, perhaps, a timely visit to a doctor will save human life.