The use of poor-quality food can cause the development of such a dangerous disease as opistorhoz. Symptoms and treatment of this disease in adults are of interest not only to physicians, but also to the general public. After all, timely cleansing of the body from parasites helps to avoid many health problems.
Having heard the diagnosis of opisthorchiasis, many polyclinic visitors ask with bewilderment what it is. We are talking about a variety of helminth lesions, due to which the internal organs of a human or animal are significantly damaged.
The development of the disease begins with the penetration into the gastrointestinal tract of flatworm larvae called "Siberian fluke" or "feline" (Opisthorchis felineus). This can happen if you eat fish (mainly carp breeds), cooked without sufficient heat treatment, or use dishes that contain contaminated food. Such a disease is found in many residents of areas located on the banks of rivers, and connoisseurs of dried fish.
How do parasites harm?
In the acute form of opisthorchiasis in humans begin:
- allergic reactions (skin itching, rash, angioedema, hypersensitivity to certain foods);
- muscle and joint pain;
- paroxysmal colic under the right rib, pain gives in the same side of the chest;
- heaviness and tenderness under the spoon;
- an increase in the size of the liver and gall;
- loss of appetite;
- disorders of the digestive system: heartburn, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, diarrhea;
- problems with lungs, reminiscent of asthmatic bronchitis.
After 2 months the illness becomes chronic. During this period, a person may appear:
- inflammatory processes in the gallbladder and ducts: cholangitis and cholecystitis;
- digestive disorders due to lack of enzymes;
- heart pains, as heart muscle pathologies develop;
Chronic opisthorchiasis gives way to periods of exacerbations. They can be triggered by various inflammations, bile stasis in the liver, hepatitis, and surgical operations.
If the infection recurs repeatedly, an asymptomatic or erased course of the disease is possible, characterized by only short-term fever.
In addition, this parasitic infection can occur in mild, moderate and severe form. Patients with mild opisthorchiasis are concerned with:
- two weeks of hyperthermia;
- weakness and fatigue;
- abdominal pain and loose stools.
Mode of moderate severity is associated with:
- chills and severe fever, which lasts about a month;
- continuous rashes;
- aching muscles and joints;
- general intoxication;
- bouts of shortness of breath.
Severe defeat of the Siberian flute is manifested:
- headaches and a state of lethargy;
- overexcitement and sleep disturbances;
- bloating and diarrhea, accompanied by chest pains;
- toxic and allergic hepatitis;
- intrahepatic cholestasis syndrome;
- signs of poisoning;
- possible swelling of the brain and myocardium.
Medical professionals have long known how to identify opisthorchiasis. For this purpose are assigned:
- laboratory analysis of blood, urine and feces;
- fibrogastroduodenoscopy - a procedure to check the condition of the digestive organs;
- molecular and immunological study;
- tomography of individual organs.
What is the Opisthorchis felineus afraid of?
After identifying the symptoms of opisthorchiasis in adults and confirming the diagnosis, the doctor prescribes a course of treatment, which at the first stage includes:
- antihistamines and sorbents;
- removal of intoxication by intravenous administration of hemodez, 5% glucose solution, saline;
- with secondary infection - taking broad-spectrum antibiotics for 5 days;
- prokinetics, antispasmodics, food enzymes, pre- and probiotics to relieve symptoms.
At the next stage of therapy, the specific anthelmintic drug Prazikventel is used. Then the patient must undergo a rehabilitation period, during which choleretic and laxatives, enemas are prescribed.
Expulsion of parasites does not fully restore the functions of the gastrointestinal tract and other affected organs, the immune system, microcirculation. Therefore, the victim of helminthic invasion requires individual treatment of complications that have arisen.
Natural cures for opisthorchiasis
Drug treatment of opisthorchiasis can be supplemented by popular folk remedies.
- In warm cow's milk, add 6 drops of birch tar.
- Drink 1 tbsp. this drink 1 hour before lunch.
- Complete three stages of treatment in 10 days with 20-day breaks.
Aspen Bark Infusion
- Place 20 g of aspen bark in a thermos.
- Pour raw materials 0.5 liters of boiling water.
- In the morning, filter the infusion.
- Drink 2 tbsp. drugs in 3 doses 30 minutes before meals for 14 days.
- 10 g of dried grass pour 1 tbsp. boiling water.
- After half an hour, strain.
- Take 4 to 6 times a day for 1 tbsp. l
- Mix cumin seeds and nettle.
- Eat 1 tsp. mix three times a day with water.
- Turn on pumpkin seeds in the menu.
- Season the dishes with coriander seeds.
Flax and Clove Powder
- Take 0.5 kg of flaxseeds and 50 g of cloves.
- Grind the ingredients with a blender and mix.
- Add 25 g of the obtained powder to the food.
- Heal for a month for 3 days with 3-day breaks.
Worms can cause serious harm to the human body. Severe lesions of vital organs, signs of acute inflammatory processes and poisoning are often associated with infection with opistorchia. Noticing the "bad" symptoms after eating freshwater fish dishes, you should immediately seek medical help. Remember, your health depends on you - carefully monitor the quality of food!