Every person’s home kit should have anti-diarrhea remedies. Sudden diarrhea may impose large restrictions on the vital activity of the patient, his movement, performance. But the most dangerous is the dehydration of the body and the loss of nutrients, with all the ensuing consequences for health.
Folk remedies for diarrhea: popular recipes
- Most of the funds from the category of "grandmother's recipes" can easily be found at home. After all, it is not difficult to cook rice water or find black not ground pepper in seasonings. Strongly brewed black tea will also help in stopping diarrhea.
- Yet the most popular was just a decoction of rice, which has a fixing effect. It envelops the mucous membrane throughout the intestine, thereby not leaving the possibility of its irritation and increased diarrhea. Starch, which is contained in rice, and in high concentration, thickens the contents of the colon and absorbs excess fluid. Thus, the symptoms of diarrhea pass. Before use, it is worth remembering about the dosage. Due to its absolute safety, such a decoction can be offered to children by 50 - 100 ml 3 - 4 times a day. But for adults you need a large dosage - 150 ml 3 times a day.
- It has long been known about the therapeutic properties of bird cherry, its ability to get rid of diarrhea. For this purpose, the flowers and bark of the plant, which contain tannins, which determine the astringent effect, can be used. It is worth remembering that such a decoction will be effective only if diarrhea of non-infectious etiology, otherwise, the use of bird cherry is contraindicated!
- Pomegranate peels are a great help in dealing with various bowel failures. It is in the skin, contains a fair amount of tannins, antioxidants, which will help to cope even with dysentery stick. But before using such a remedy, it is necessary to consult a doctor, especially if we are talking about the treatment of a child. The fact is that such a "drug" has a number of contraindications and restrictions.
- Bilberry also helps in the fight against diarrhea, but only dried berries. Fresh, on the contrary, will stimulate intestinal peristalsis, they are recommended for persons suffering from constipation. In the composition of dried berries, in addition to tannins, there is also pectin, which in total gives the best fixing effect. Due to their safety, decoctions, infusions, blueberry teas can be recommended even for children.
Oak bark: medicinal properties
It is the use of bark dubapri diarrhea that allows to approach the issue of treatment in a complex This condition is achieved due to the content of not only tannins, but also other useful components that have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action.
Reacting with proteins, tannins cover the mucous membrane of the digestive tract with a special protective film that protects it from irritating agents. For these reasons, the use of oak bark will help not only to get rid of diarrhea, but also the symptoms that often accompany intestinal poisoning. It has been proven that the oak bark is equally effective in the treatment of diarrhea of both infectious and non-infectious nature - poisoning, overeating.
From the bark of the oak can be made decoctions, infusions, but as a medical raw material it is advised to use the bark of young trees - 15 - 20 years.
How to brew oak bark?
The most important thing in the treatment and use of oak bark is to properly prepare a decoction of high-quality raw materials. To get the infusion use crushed bark, 1 tsp. which fall asleep in 0.5 l of boiled chilled water, leave to infuse for 8 hours. The resulting solution is divided into several equal doses, drink throughout the day.
You can make alcohol infusion. To do this, you need oak bark, which is poured 400 g of vodka. The resulting solution is infused for a week, out of the reach of light. Accepted if necessary, that is, with the appearance of diarrhea, 15 to 20 drops, morning and evening.
To prepare the broth take half an hour, 0.5 st. oak bark and 1 tbsp. boiling water. The resulting mixture is boiled, cooled to room temperature and taken 3 times a day.
When treating diarrhea, the most important thing is to establish the cause of the onset of symptoms. Diarrhea with overeating is practically harmless to the body, but it is worth remembering about more serious factors - intestinal infections that can threaten the health and even the life of the patient. For these reasons, self-treatment of the disease is not acceptable, it is necessary to consult a specialist.