In recent decades, the number of people suffering from endocrine diseases continues to grow. One of the most common pathologies is the nodular goiter of the thyroid gland. The symptoms and treatment of such a disease should be known to everyone, because the risk of its occurrence is quite high.
After hearing the diagnosis of a nodular goiter of the thyroid gland, patients often ask what it is. Nodular goiter is the most common thyroid disease, characterized by the appearance of neoplasms in the anterior neck region. In most cases, the nodes that appear are benign, but in the absence of medical intervention they can turn into malignant ones.
They can occur due to gene mutations, age-related changes, lack of iodine in the body, negative environmental effects, nervous shocks, or postponed inflammatory processes. In addition to a pronounced cosmetic defect, in this disease, compression of the internal organs is possible, the development of thyrotoxicosis. To avoid surgery, you can try to get rid of the goiter with the help of medicines and folk remedies. In the early stages, such measures are quite effective.
Nodular goiter of the thyroid gland: symptoms and treatment
Diagnosis of the disease is carried out during the inspection. If the doctor is difficult to see and grope nodes, the diagnosis is confirmed after receiving the results:
- computed or magnetic computed tomography;
- thyroid hormone testing.
Taking biopsy samples helps to distinguish benign nodular goiter from cancer.
At the beginning of the development of the disease, patients usually do not experience pain and other unpleasant sensations, they only notice a thickening of the neck. Then the nodes gradually increase, begin to put pressure on the trachea, esophagus, nerves and blood vessels, and the patient appears:
- foreign body sensation in the throat;
- voice change;
- choking and dry cough;
- difficulty swallowing;
- dizziness, tinnitus;
- pain in the nodes.
Women may also have menstrual irregularities, and some women will be accompanied by permanent miscarriages and infertility.
Usually the thyroid gland copes with its functions, despite the seals. This type of disease is called "nodular euthyroid goiter". But, if the increase is accompanied by thyrotoxicosis - a persistent increase in the level of hormones in the body, the condition is complicated:
- trembling limbs;
- rapid weight loss;
- increased heart rate.
In some cases, on the contrary, less hormones are produced, as a result of which the patient complains of:
- frequent colds: bronchitis, pneumonia, ARVI;
- lowering blood pressure and body temperature;
- indigestion and loss of appetite;
- dry skin and hair loss.
If small seals are detected that do not change for a long time, it is sufficient to regularly visit the endocrinologist's office and take antistrum. However, the nodular goiter can develop rapidly. With increased thyroid function, thyrostatic drugs are prescribed, with reduced thyroid hormones containing radioactive iodine. The lack of positive dynamics, post-hinge placement of a node or its degeneration into a cancer, as well as the formation of cysts larger than 3 cm with fibrous capsules are indications for surgery and the use of restorative hormone therapy.
How to get rid of the scourge with the help of traditional medicine?
In the "green pharmacy" there are a lot of tools that will help stop the progression of nodular goiter and prevent the deterioration of health, the appearance of a noticeable cosmetic deficiency and other negative consequences.
Tincture of dairy walnuts
- Rinse the nuts (45-50 pcs.) And pour 1 l of honey.
- Insist the mixture at room temperature in a dark place for about a month.
- Take the medicine 3 times a day and 1 tbsp. l
Infusion of celandine
- 1 tbsp. l herbs pour 250 ml of boiling water.
- Take 3 tbsp. l before meals 3 times a day.
- If nausea occurs, reduce the dosage to 2 tbsp. l
- Remember: celandine - a poisonous plant, they can be treated only with strict adherence to these doses.
Drink of seaweed (kelp)
- Mix 20 ml of dry kelp powder with 250 ml of water.
- Add 2 g of cooking salt.
- Shake the solution and drink in one gulp.
Cherry Sprig Broth
- Drink kelp drink three times a day before meals for 2 months.
- Moderately chop 100 g of young cherries with swollen buds.
- Pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and boil for 40 minutes.
- Cool and take 2 tbsp. l 3 times a day before meals for 1 month.
- 3 tbsp. l burdock leaves pour 2 tbsp. boiling water.
- Fill a coffee cup and drink in such quantities during breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The effectiveness of folk methods can be judged only after the end of the course of treatment.
Diet for nodular goiter of the thyroid gland
People who have been diagnosed with nodular goiter need to adhere to a special diet. If the hormonal background is not changed, you should exclude from the diet foods that stimulate the nervous system:
- concentrated broths;
- smoked meat;
- cocoa products;
- black tea, coffee and alcohol.
When overactive thyroid gland is necessary to replenish energy reserves, therefore, you should consume 3600 kcal per day, choosing foods with a high content of minerals and vitamins. Carbohydrates should significantly exceed the amount of proteins.
In the case of low hormone production, it is recommended to consume only 2550 kcal daily, giving preference to:
- vegetables and fruits.
Iodine deficiency is well compensated by:
- red fish dishes, as well as cod liver, hake, sea bass, herring, sardines, oysters and shrimps;
- beef and chicken eggs;
- milk and butter;
- buckwheat, potatoes, peas, soybeans;
- cucumbers, radishes, carrots, beets, cabbage, garlic and green onions;
- pineapple, citrus, bananas, persimmon;
- apples, grapes, strawberry and strawberry mousses.
Nodular goiter of the thyroid gland is a dangerous disease that can not only severely deteriorate the appearance and well-being, but also lead to an appointment with a surgeon, become a threat to life, turning into a cancerous tumor. To prevent this, watch your health, and when you establish a disappointing diagnosis, start treatment immediately.