Modern medicine does not stand still. Over time, many diseases begin to be treated in various ways. Thus, one of the developments to eliminate the symptoms of a chronic non-inspiratory system is nebulizer therapy. It is carried out both in hospitals and at home with the help of a special device - a nebulizer.
How to do andinhalation when coughing with a nebulizer?
Inhalation when coughing with a nebulizer is a quick way to treat a cold. The device accelerates the action of the drug. In order to understand what a nebulizer is and how it works, one should refer to the meaning of its name. Translated, it means "fog" or "cloud." The work of the device is reduced to the spraying of medicinal or therapeutic compounds, which due to this easier get into the right tissue.
The first nebulizers were used at the end of the 19th century. They were mainly used to treat tuberculosis. They acted on the principle of inhalation. With the help of steam, medicinal and beneficial substances were delivered to the lungs. The principle of operation of modern nebulizers is slightly different.
The device may consist of several components. The most common type - compressor nebulizers. Directly the device itself, which is available in the form of a mask or mouthpiece, is attached by a tube to the compressor. The drugs pass through it under the action of pressure in the form of small particles.
Inhalation is reduced to several stages. To begin with, the right dose of medicine is injected into the device. Then it is connected, put on a mask or hold a special nozzle in the mouth. Last stage - inhale. During it, small parts of the medication enter the lungs and mouth. There are models of nebulizers that help save drugs. They are equipped with a button that is pressed only by inhalation. As a result, when you exhale, the device does not deliver dispersion particles of drugs, thereby it saves their consumption.
The nebulizer has many advantages:
- Possible use at any age. To use the device is not required to synchronize inhale and exhale. This makes it possible to treat young children.
- Dosage regulation You can be sure that the nebulizer sprayed the exact amount of medicine. In addition, it allows you to mix components.
- Regulation of penetration. Depending on the type of device, you can adjust the levels of penetration of drugs.
- Effective action. Nebulizer allows you to enter large doses of drugs. This helps speed up the healing process. It is also accepted that some substances are poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract or affect the liver. The device significantly reduces these risks.
When using a nebulizer, it is worth thinking about only a few points. Not all medicines are suitable for use. They should not be oily and viscous. Otherwise there will be a zakuporkirubrubki or compressor. Also worth remembering about cleaning. Constant use of the device leads to the fact that bacteria remain in it. Therefore, it must be cleaned in accordance with the instructions.
How effective is the nebulizer inhaler?
Most people agree that inhaler nebulization is more effective than aerosols and other methods of treating colds and respiratory diseases. When buying, it is worth considering not specific responses, but your own needs. Problems for all people are different, so when choosing a device requires an individual approach.
It is necessary to start with how often you will use the device and to whom it will be intended. If the nebulizer is bought for a child, then it is worthwhile to choose a model with a mask and not a mouthpiece. It is easier to use. For frequent use it is worth taking the devices better and more expensive. For the treatment of colds fit more economical options. Be sure to check the warranty on the parts of the device that must be disinfected. Also check out the cleaning options - it is better to choose a nebulizer that allows you to do it more conveniently.
After purchase, be sure to consult your doctor in order for him to prescribe a vamplan treatment. It is important to calculate the amount of the required single dose of medication, the frequency of use of the device.
When choosing a nebulizer, doctors are advised to consider not only reviews. But also on what its action will be directed. The estimated size of the drug particles depends on it. The smaller the number indicated, the deeper the penetrating power of the sprayed medicaments.
Treatment of the upper respiratory tract (mouth, larynx, nasopharynx) - the instrument should bear a marking of the synthesis of dispersive particles ranging in size from 5 to 10 microns. Droplets 8-10 microns in size settle in the mouth, 5-8 in the larynx.
Treatment of bronchial tubes - the nebulizer must synthesize particles of 3-5 microns.
Treatment of bronchioles and alveoli - suitable device that creates sprayable particles of 1-3 and 0.5-2 microns in size.
Compressor nebulizer: reviews
Compressor nebulizers, as it becomes clear from the name, work due to pressure. Medicines are pumped into the compressor. At the outlet there is a pressure drop. As a result, thanks to the stream of air, the drug dissipates and turns into small particles.
By cons devices, judging by the reviews, can be attributed to the fact that they are a bit noisy. Some are confused by the size of the compressors. They are quite voluminous, which does not allow to carry the device with them. In addition, these nebulizers are a bit more expensive than other types. In all other respects, they differ little from the others in the effect achieved.
Is it worth buying an ultrasonic nebulizer?
- This type of nebulizer is considered to be the fastest. 6 ml medications can be delivered to the patient in just 30 seconds. Such a device operates a little differently. Inside the special container into which the medicine is pumped, special crystals are located. They interact with the surface of the therapeutic solution due to ultrasonic waves. At the border of the interaction, small droplets begin to form. The largest do not pass through the tube into the nebulizer. They remain inside the device.
- This type of nebulizer occupies the middle price segment. Its cost starts from 2500 rubles. The device has both pros and cons. By the 1st carry small size and compactness. This allows you to take a nebulizer with you and use it anywhere. Also, unlike the compressor, it does not make noise. This allows you to use it for the treatment of young children who are afraid of extraneous noise. Also, the ultrasonic nebulizer practically does not splash liquid when cornering. Such a plus makes it possible to treat the device with persons with disabilities.
- The disadvantage is that some drugs under the action of electromagnetic won are destroyed and lose their healing power. Also in this device it is impossible to apply substances with a complex molecular composition. Another minus of ultrasonic nebulizers is a complicated regulation of the spraying process.
Nebulizer is an excellent device for the treatment of diseases of the respiratory tract. It is used for colds, asthma, chronic bronchitis. The action of all types of device is reduced to the spray of drugs. They turn into dispersive particles, which are much easier to penetrate into the place affected by the disease. Due to this, nebulizers are considered to be more effective than simple inhalers. A more convenient option is ultrasonic devices. They do not make noise and have a compact form. This allows you to take them with you and use them anywhere.