Inhalation is a method of administering drugs in the vapor state or in the form of a cloud, small particles. This method is used for the treatment and prevention of colds, inflammation and infections of the respiratory tract. For such a procedure, a nebulizer and an inhalation solution are required.
What diseases are treated with inhalation?
Inhalers are in many homes, especially where children and adults often suffer from respiratory diseases. Observing precautions for the use of solutions for inhalation and properly performing the process itself, it is possible to achieve noticeable success in treating such diseases as:
- bronchial asthma;
- laryngitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis;
- cystic fibrosis;
- pulmonary tuberculosis;
- inflammation of the upper respiratory tract;
- fungal infections of the respiratory tract;
- chronic diseases with suppuration processes (bronchiectasis).
Types of solutions for inhalers, nebulizers
The therapeutic effect of inhalation procedures depends on several parameters:
- characteristics of solutions for inhalation;
- anatomical and physiological features of the patient;
- pathology itself.
The following substances are most widely used in nebulizers:
- mucolytics - excellent diluting and stimulating the removal of sputum from the respiratory organs means, among them we can distinguish "Fluimutsil", "Lasolvan", "Atsts";
- immunomodulators for treating and preventing diseases caused by viruses, for example, Interferon and Derinat;
- antibacterial agents - Ceftriaxone, Chlorophyllipt-Streptomycin;
- anti-inflammatory agents - calendula tincture, rotokan, "Malavit", "Dexamethasone";
- vasoconstrictor drugs - Naphthyzin, Adrenaline;
- antiseptics - "Miramistin";
- combined action drugs;
- as the basis of the solution - non-carbonated soft-alkaline water or saline.
What medicinal solutions help with coughing?
Almost all respiratory diseases accompany cough. To eliminate this symptom, inhalations with a nebulizer with medicinal solutions are widely used, after which the following effects are observed:
- softening of the mucous membranes;
- dilution of viscous and thick mucus;
- the transition from dry to wet cough;
- expectoration of sputum during coughing;
- preventing the development of the chronic form of the disease;
- progressive remission process.
From what type of cough, depends on the use of various antitussives added to inhalation solutions. Thus, the following solutions for inhalation with a nebulizer are considered effective when coughing:
"Lidocaine". The drug is used for non-productive cough as prescribed by a doctor. The therapeutic procedure is carried out twice during the day. The concentration of the drug in the solution depends on the age of the patient:
- adults, including children over 12 years old, need as much “Lidocaine” per 2 ml of base;
- a child’s dosage from the age of two amounts to 1 ml of “lidocaine” and 2 ml of saline.
To facilitate expectoration use "Lasolvan" in the proportion of 1 × 1 ml basis:
- The recommended number of inhalations for adults, including children from 5 years, is up to 3 times per day;
- young children - two treatments per day.
Tussamag is a thyme-based remedy. Inhalations are recommended in case of unproductive cough three times a day. The concentration of the drug in solution:
- for adults - in equal proportions;
- for children under six years old - one milliliter for three saline solutions;
- schoolchildren - one to two.
Effective solutions for rhinitis
To relieve the condition of the head cold, they use such solutions for inhalation with a nebulizer:
- antibacterial drugs;
- thinning agents;
- herbal decoctions of calendula, chamomile, rotokan;
- propolis tincture;
- solutions from common or sea salt;
- alkaline solutions (mineral water).
There are multi-component drugs for this ailment, which are used for medicinal purposes. Mucolytic, bronchodilator, antiseptic solutions can also be used.
Soda solution - affordable home remedy
The use of a 2% soda solution for inhalation with a nebulizer is permissible in any cases of respiratory diseases 3 ml per procedure:
- It stimulates the dilution of mucus and the withdrawal of sputum;
- removes puffiness;
- alkaline water, such as Essentuki or Borjomi without gas, is recommended for solution.
Recommended solutions for inhalation with a nebulizer for children
The difference between children's inhalation solutions and adults is solely in the concentration of the drug. Necessary preparations are used after consultation with a pediatrician. If your child has a cough and runny nose, and in addition also enlarged adenoids, the safest solution for inhalation with a nebulizer is mineral water, saline, and with complex treatment - drugs prescribed by a specialist.
Rules for using a nebulizer:
- Before using the nebulizer, special attention should be paid to cleanliness of the device and hand hygiene.
- Next, with a disposable syringe, inject the drug into a glass with saline, observing the volume of the drug.
- Assemble the instrument by connecting the tube, ampoule and mouthpiece (or mask).
- Place the medicinal solution in a nebulized flask.
- Sit upright in a relaxed position and hold the inhaler upright.
- Turn on the nebulizer and wait 15 seconds for the drug particles to split and the precipitation process begins.
- Inhale slowly, hold your breath for 5-10 seconds before exhaling.
- 2-3 ml of the drug settle up to 10 minutes, so breathe in until the sprayer starts wheezing and stops producing aerosol.
- Rinse the inhaler with distilled water, and mask, tube, and vessel in hot water without detergent.
The use of medicinal solutions for inhalation with a nebulizer helps to eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of various respiratory diseases. This procedure will facilitate the patient's condition and will not cause discomfort. Be healthy!