Mussels live in temperate waters of the oceans. In Russia, mussels are harvested in the Far East and in the Black Sea. Mussels belong to the family of mollusks that live not only in the seas and oceans, but also artificially grown. After growing the mussels get to the table to lovers of seafood.
Only some of the gourmets know the benefits of mussels. Usually people buy mussels because of their unusual taste.
- Mussel meat is rich protein, polyunsaturated fatty acids and phosphatides. In the meat of mussels a large amount of such vitamins and elements as manganese, iodine, zinc, copper, cobalt, iron, potassium,magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, calcium. The mussels are composed of various vitamins, without which the normal operation of the human body is simply impossible - these are the B vitamins (B1, B2 and B6), vitamins A, PP, C, D and E.
- Due to the high content of zinc in seafood, mussels are considered an analogue of "Viagra".
- Mussels are the strongest antioxidant.
In mussels only 77 kcal per 100 g, which allows lovers of diets to eat mussels, even with the most strict diets.
The nutritional value of seafood per 100 g:
- Fat - 2 g
- Protein - 11.5 g
- Carbohydrates - 3.3 g
Use of mussels
- Regular consumption of mussels improves the metabolism and strengthens the immune system.
- Mussels are an excellent prevention against arthritis.
- Substances that make up mussels stimulate blood circulation, remove toxins and toxins from the body.
- Mussels, like all seafood, have a beneficial effect on the thyroid gland.
- Regular consumption of mussels prevent the occurrence of nervous disorders.
- Thanks to phosphatides and polyunsaturated fats, mussels have a beneficial effect on the liver and brain.
- Regular consumption of mussels returns visual acuity.
- Frequent consumption of mussels in the food prevents the development of cancer.
- Mussels stimulate blood formation, stabilize the level of triglycerides in the blood and increase the overall tone of the body.
- Due to the high content of glycogen mussels in meat, mussels improve digestion and remove cholesterol from the blood.
- Mussels are an excellent way to maintain healthy hair, skin and nails.
- Fresh or powdered strengthens bones and teeth.
- Men are encouraged to use mussels to improve the fertility and viscosity of sperm. For women, mussels improve the cervical mucosa.
Mussels: harm and contraindications
- Mussel meat is not recommended for people with allergies.
- Mussel meat is not recommended for people with bleeding disorders.
- Mussel meat is not recommended to use in large quantities, so as not to provoke the negative effects of their use.
- Mussels are often used for culinary purposes.. For cooking mussels, only tightly closed shells are required without any damage. If the sink does not open after heat treatment, it is recommended to throw away such mussel.
- Only meat is eaten, the mantle and fluid in the sink are not used. Mussel meat has a light color and a sweetish taste.
- Mussels meat is boiled, stewed in sauces, pickled, smoked, salted and even fried. Vegetables, pasta, rice, potatoes, cereals, mayonnaise, tomatoes and garlic are perfectly combined with mussel meat. From mussels you can cook soup, salads, pasta, pilaf, stews and souffles. One of the most popular recipes for cooking mussels is sea-style mussels. This cooking method involves cooking mussels with wine, lemon juice and garlic.
- When cooking mussels, you must follow the rule:cooked mussels can not be stored and reheated - it should be eaten immediately, otherwise, you can get poisoned.
Mussels - seafood, which has many useful properties.Eat mussel meat for food, and then you will feel great, but keep in mind about contraindications.