Mulberry or mulberry is a delicious and aromatic berry. This is a real storehouse of substances that are valuable for human health and help in the prevention and treatment of various diseases that give longevity.
Mulberry useful properties
The mulberry tree is an ancient valuable plant that is a source of raw materials for many industries. The leaves are the staple food of the silkworm, from the cocoons of which subsequently create natural silk. Mulberry wood is widely used in the production of musical instruments. But the most popular product for people are exactly the mulberries.
They are tasty, nutritious and are considered an excellent raw material for the preparation of various compotes, syrups, jellies. In addition to widespread use in cooking, mulberry is also used in traditional medicine, thanks to its rich vitamin-mineral complex.
The berries contain many useful substances: sugar (fructose and glucose), organic and higher acids, essential oils, vitamins C, groups B, K, E, PP, carotene. Also Mulberry contains many macronutrients, such as calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, selenium, iron, manganese, etc. All of these substances are strong natural antioxidants, relieving the human body of the destructive action of free radicals.
100 grams of mulberries contain 87.68 g of water, 8.1 g of mono and disaccharides, 1.7 g of fiber, 1.44 g of proteins, and 0.39 g of carbohydrates.
The energy value of mulberry fruits is 43 kcal per 100 g of berries, which makes it an excellent dietary product.
Mulberry healing properties
- Fresh fruits are used for anemia and to improve metabolic processes in the body.In official and traditional medicine they are used to treat anemia caused by gastritis with high acidity. Mulberry fruits are very useful in diseases of the biliary tract and the gastrointestinal tract. Broths from the leaves and buds of the plant restore carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
- Infusions and juices from fresh berries also have valuable properties, they are used, for example, as a diuretic and expectorant, as well as for the treatment of angina and tonsillitis. And they are recommended to take with prolonged cough and bronchitis.
- Juice is also considered a very effective means for stopping the growth of tumors developing in the oral cavity and for the prompt healing of purulent wounds.
- Use medicinal berries and with feverish conditions for lowering body temperature, with arising renal failure and with impotence.
- Mulberry fruits are advised to include in the diet with metabolic disorders, obesity, dystrophic processes in the heart muscle, tachycardia, ischemia, and heart disease.With shortness of breath and aching pains in the chest, the berries are also very helpful.
- Ripe mulberry is used for prolonged constipation. Be careful, it has a strong enough laxative effect!
- The high phosphorus content makes mulberry fruits an indispensable product for pregnant women, schoolchildren, students and people whose work is associated with severe mental stress.
Mulberry fruits are not only tasty, but also surprisingly healthy delicacy!
There are no contraindications to the use of mulberry, it is not recommended to eat only to people with individual intolerance to this product.