Mokritsa - an annual plant with a branched stem. This is not only a difficult-to-remove weed, which complicates work on the site to many summer residents, but also a drug with a wide spectrum of action, often used in traditional medicine.
Mokritsa has a thin stalk that is covered with hairs. The hairs have a special function - they collect and retain moisture in the stem. The leaves of the plant are egg-shaped with pointed ends. Along the edges of the leaves there are cilia. Woodlice flowers look like small white stars, collected in inflorescences.
The wood lice appear fruits, which are a box of brown color, inside which are located the seeds. Ripening occurs from late July to mid-October. The plant prefers shady and wet places. Its seeds are often fed poultry, so it got the name "bird salad".
Use of woodlouse
- Wood lice contain a large amount of nutrients: vitamins, including E, K and C, minerals, organic acids, tannins, essential oils, minerals (magnesium, copper and iron).
- Healing herbs have analgesic, antiseptic, emollient, anti-inflammatory, diuretic and choleretic effects. With its help, you can stop the bleeding.
- It is remarkable, but the wood louse has almost no taste and smell, which greatly facilitates its use as a medicine.
The healing properties of woodlouse
- A large number of nutrients and vitamins that are contained in the plant, help to cope with many diseases. The main thing is to apply it correctly. The content of vitamin C in wood lice is 1.5 times more than in lemon. This allows the use of weed for the treatment of anemia and scurvy.
- Steamed grass is useful for radiculitis, aching joints, sprains, bruises, cuts. The sap of the plant reduces pain in the heart, reduces tumors, treats hemorrhoids, gastrointestinal diseases, soothes pains in the chest and normalizes the function of the thyroid gland. Mokritsa can reduce blood pressure, improve metabolic processes in the body.
- Saponin contained in the weed has softening and expectorant properties. This allows the use of grass for the treatment of pulmonary diseases. In addition, it is used as a stimulant, sedative and tonic.
Mokritsa: dosage forms
Weed can be used in different forms. In folk medicine, the land part of the plant is used. The juice of the grass is applied inside, for instillation into the eyes, treatment of cuts. Greens are used to make soups and salads. Tinctures of the stems are used for various compresses and lotions. Wood lice are harvested in May, drying in the shade.
Mokritsa in traditional medicine: application
- For eye disease. Pour 1 tbsp. fresh grass with a glass of boiling water. Insist the mixture for about an hour. Strain the resulting tincture and add 1-2 drops to the eyes. This tool removes clouding of the cornea in the early stages.
- With gastrointestinal pain. Pour 1 tbsp. herbs 300 ml of vodka. Put the tincture in a dark place for 2 weeks. The resulting tool is taken before meals, pre-diluted in water (20 drops of tincture per 1 tbsp. Of water).
- For lactation. Mix 1 tsp. lice juice from 1 tsp liquid honey. Take the mixture for 1 tsp. before meals 3 times a day.
- With myoma, erosion and cyst. Fill with 2 tbsp. herbs 0.5 liters of boiling water. Pour the solution into an enamel bowl, put in a water bath for 30 minutes. Strain the resulting broth and bring it to its original volume by adding water. The tincture is taken 50 ml 4 times daily before meals. This broth helps to cope with dizziness, anemia and weakness.
- Skin diseases. In decoction of woodlouse moisten with clean gauze. Compress is applied to the problem area of skin 3 times a day. The course of treatment is 1 month.
- From breast tumors. From a fresh grass of a plant prepare a compress. Apply it to the sore chest for 20 minutes. The procedure is done 3 times a day.
- Revitalizing bath. 15 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs pour 1 liter of boiling water. Let it stand. Pour the resulting infusion into the bath and take it no more than 20 minutes.
There are practically no contraindications to the use of the plant. It should be used with caution in people with hypotension, as the wood louse has the ability to drastically lower the pressure.
- Medicinal herb succession: application, properties
- What wild herbs can you eat?
- How to harvest herbs?
Often we do not think about how much benefit can be obtained from the summer garden herbs that are annoying us. Mokritsa - direct evidence of this. Include this plant not only in your phyto-medical kit, but also in the daily menu, and after a while, you will notice a significant improvement in the general condition of the body.