If you enter into the search engine the query "melt water: benefit and harm", 90% of the links will lead you to the sites, which tells only about its benefits. But unfortunately, there is no medical evidence for the healing properties of melt water. In this article you will find different scientific opinions and recipes for its preparation. But to believe them or not - it's up to you.
The foundation of all the basics
All the talk about the benefits of melt water is based on a simple principle of structuring. For those who do not understand what this term means, we explain. In principle, any drinking water, like the world, stands on three pillars:
- One of the three parts is, in fact, the purest water, which freezes even at zero temperature.
- The second part is water, which contains deuterium atoms. Such a liquid will harden completely at a temperature of 3-4 degrees above zero.
- The last component is a salt solution with impurities. It will turn into ice at a temperature of -2 degrees.
This is the basis of the whole discussion about the benefits and harms of structured water. Proponents of this drink believe that with several frosts, water from any source can be cleaned of various unnecessary chemicals and thus get a crystal clear and beneficial to the body fluid.
Successful marketing ploy or real benefits for the body?
Reviews about the benefits and harms of melt water are very diverse. Some consider it extremely useful for the body. Others say at the top of their voices that this is just another placebo. To believe is a purely personal matter. However, all the arguments regarding the special molecular composition of structured water have not been scientifically confirmed.
Moreover, researchers are increasingly agree that a slowly frozen liquid is not much different from our usual drink. And the thing is that when defrosting ice crystals lose their special structure and smoothly turn into ordinary water.
People who like to drink melt water can argue endlessly about its benefits and harms. Often, all arguments are based on its advantages for the body, such as:
- improved metabolism;
- cleansing the body of free radicals, slag and toxins;
- maintaining the immune system;
- normalization of the blood;
- reducing bad cholesterol;
- activation of the digestive processes;
- facial skin rejuvenation and better blood circulation.
It is worth noting that all the arguments are quite reasonable and have the right to exist. However, scientists and doctors believe that any drinking water exerts such properties on the body if you drink it at least one and a half liters per day.
As for the harmful properties of melt water, here the opinions of the inhabitants and the world scientific community are generally similar. Liquid obtained by slow freezing can not harm the body, if you follow a reasonable dose. For those who wish to introduce structured water into their diet, experts recommend starting with about half a glass a day. But the rest of the required amount of fluid needs to be filled with ordinary filtered water.
It’s useless to argue about the benefits and harms of melt water if you don’t try to master its cooking at home at least once and experience all its possible advantages and disadvantages. The essence of the method is to gradually freeze and defrost water, thus obtaining a crystal clear product.
At the first stage of freezing, the hydrogen atoms should be freed from the harmful atoms of deuterium. In the second stage, harmful metals and impurities will leave the water. And only after the third defrost get clean water.
We will tell you how to do this in several ways, and you can choose the most suitable option for yourself.
Method number 1
- one and a half liter plastic bottle;
- 1 liter of cold water from the tap.
- Before reaching the top, we collect cold water in a plastic bottle and twist the cap.
- Wipe the bottle with a kitchen towel and remove the container in the freezer on the pad of foam or cardboard.
- After 4 hours, remove the first ice from the bottle and place it in the freezer again.
- Now let the water harden completely, then carefully cut the bottle and rinse the ice under the faucet.
- In the process of washing the ice will first be cloudy, and when the temperature is almost equal, it will become crystal clear. At this point, turn off the water and re-place a piece of ice in the freezer already in a new container, for example, in a saucepan.
- After some time, remove the pan from the freezer and drain the remaining unfrozen water.
- The remaining ice floe must be defrosted completely - it will be melt water.
Method number 2
- enamel pan;
- tap water.
- Pour tap water into the pan and bring the liquid to the boiling point. As soon as the first small bubbles appear on the surface of the water, turn off the burner.
- Quickly cool the water. This can be done by pouring the liquid into another container of larger diameter and placing it in a bath of cold water.
- After that, the water is gradually frozen in the same way as described in the previous method.
According to the inventors of this method, such processing is more reliable, since the liquid passes through the natural cycle: boiling, freezing and cooling. The authors of the methodology claim that this is the only way to get really clean and useful melt water.
Summing up, we can say that all the talk about the healing properties of melt water - the consequences of another successful advertising campaign. The structured fluid is essentially another placebo. But if you want to drink this kind of water in the doses recommended by medicine, then why not? Such a drink does not bring harm to the body, and it restores the water balance to the full. Therefore, if melt water helps you to become better, healthier and more beautiful - drink it for health.