Fragrant, sweet and tasty, a berry resembling a little sun - all these words refer to melon. It is of different types and varieties, its weight can reach 25 kg, but the taste, consisting of sunlight, can not be confused with any other. It is not only tasty, but also has many healing properties indispensable for our health.
Thanks to the beneficial substances that are included in its composition, the melon belongs to dietary and healing products. Useful properties of a melon remain and in a dried, and in a dried look, in marinade and jam. But despite the benefits, the melon can cause harm, especially if you buy it unripe. Therefore, it is important to observe the rules of buying and choosing a melon so as not to harm yourself and your loved ones.
Composition of melon
Useful properties of a melon, first of all, are determined by its composition of microelements. It contains calcium and potassium, chlorine and sodium, magnesium and silicon, in the quantities necessary for humans. The composition of melon includes vitamins PP, group B, in large quantities contains vitamin B1 and B2.
Ascorbic acid and carotene are found in its composition. All these vitamins help to saturate the body and prolong the attractiveness and youth of a woman. Melon contains a lot of iron - 15 times more than milk. Due to what it can be used to increase hemoglobin.
Melon contains a lot of enzymes, which is why it is well absorbed by the intestines and normalizes its work. It contains a large amount of fiber, which makes it an excellent preventive measure against constipation. It has a lot of proteins and organic acids. Ripe melon pulp contains easily soluble amino acids that help strengthen capillaries, bones and hair. The presence in the melon of folic acid, which is very important for the woman's body, makes it indispensable for the period of menopause and pregnancy.
The benefits of melon for the body
- Melon has healing properties that help in the treatment of digestive disorders.
- It is able to balance the composition of hormones, relieve depression, improve memory.
- In case of liver diseases, the appearance of stones in the bladder, doctors advise to regularly eat melon. It is able to improve immunity, calm the nervous system, improve appearance.
- Melon is useful for anemia and exhaustion.
- No less useful melon will be in the treatment and prevention of atherosclerosis, cardiovascular diseases. It has properties that enhance the effects of antibiotics, reducing their toxicity.
- Melon prevents the formation of tumors, serves as a prophylactic agent in the fight against cardiovascular diseases, reducing the amount of cholesterol on the walls of blood vessels.
- Melon is recommended to anyone who wants to lose those extra pounds, as it has a low calorie content. It will be indispensable for people suffering from diseases of the nerves, dropsy, jaundice.
- With anemia, the melon will improve the blood formation process.
- Due to its diuretic properties, the melon will help people who are prone to corpulence and have cardiovascular pathologies.
- Even melon seeds contain useful substances that help fight prostatitis and other diseases of the urinary system of men. If your man has problems with potency, they can be helped by melon seeds. Melon seeds have the ability to increase male potency. For the preparation of dry seeds, you need to grind into powder and add art. l honey, there are 5 g 3 p. per day for 1 tsp.
Harm melon for the body
- It is better not to eat the melon to the women feeding. Its use can cause problems with digestion in a child. However, if you follow certain rules, you can treat yourself to a slice of melon. Read about this in the article Melon during breastfeeding.
- The use of melon is contraindicated in gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer, diabetes.
- It is better to limit the use of melon with intestinal upset and not to give small children.
- People suffering from frequent allergic reactions, from the use of melon is better to abstain.
Melon has some contraindications that should be remembered. But it is very important to buy a melon that has ripened. Therefore, it is best to wait for the natural period of ripening melon to come and buy already exactly ripe melon, and not risk your health for the taste of early melon.
How to choose a ripe melon?
When buying a melon, be careful. Unripe melon can trigger digestive problems. From the ripe berries emanates a pleasant and strong aroma. The smell of ripe melon is a mixture of pear, vanilla and pineapple smells. Take your favorite melon and gently pat it with your palm. If melon is ripe, then the sound will be deaf, if unripe - voiced.
You can also take a melon and press it with your hand into place, on the other side of where the stem is located. If the melon has a green crust, it will be hard, if ripe, it will succumb a little when pressed. A good melon's crust will spring a little when you press your hand.
How to eat a melon?
Melon is mainly eaten raw, removing the peel and cut into slices. It is highly undesirable to eat melon along with other products. It has laxative properties and can cause problems with stools and digestion.
Melon in its composition contains a lot of fiber, which is why it refers to heavy products. In order not to get heaviness in the stomach, it is best to eat melon 2 hours before meals and 2 hours after. You should not mix melon with alcohol, it should not be washed down with kefir, yogurt, yogurt and cold water.
Ripe melon, properly matured, contains in its composition a variety of nutrients that positively affect the body. If you are attentive to its purchase and do not abuse it, eating right, then you will get only benefits from the melon. Eating only 30 g of a ripe melon a day, you saturate your body with energy, useful substances, strengthen the immune system, prepare your body for the winter and protect your health from various diseases.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Yuliya