Nowadays, almost half of the adult population suffers from constipation, so a laxative has long been a part of household first aid kits. That is why everyone should knowhow and when to take a laxative at home, what exactly it should be and other aspects of self-treatment of constipation at home.
Indications for use of a laxative at home
Laxative at home used when a patient has constipation (chronic and episodic), as well as diseases that result in constipation (colitis, cholecystitis, gastritis, endocrine diseases, diabetes, intestinal diseases). As a rule, the doctor prescribes a laxative, he also determines the drug itself, the course of treatment and the dosage. In addition to taking laxatives, the treatment of constipation also includes the correction of the patient’s nutritional system, the appointment of physiotherapy exercises, self-massage of the abdomen and the use of traditional methods of treatment.
Most often, a laxative at home is used during a prolonged absence of stool, this can occur as a result of a long stay on the road, during pregnancy, while taking medications containing a high concentration of calcium, while the patient is depressed. Constipation can occur after eating the following foods: rice, coffee, boiled eggs, pears and other foods that are hard for the body to absorb.
How to choose the best laxative at home?
As a rule, laxatives are dispensed in pharmacies without a doctor's prescription and its range is very wide. To use laxatives at home, you need to choose a drug that is safe, effective and has a mild effect. You should also choose a laxative that is suitable for long-term use.
Folk laxatives at home
In addition to drugs purchased in a pharmacy, traditional medicine is also great for constipation at home, for example, herbal decoctions.
Hay leaves, rhubarb rhizomes and buckthorn root, cooked in the form of decoctions, will help you in a short time to get rid of the long stool delay. In order to prepare a remedy for constipation from them, it is necessary to take approximately 20 g of the plant, pour 200 ml of drinking water, put it on the fire and boil for 20 minutes. After the broth is removed from the fire, drinking water is added to it, to the level of a whole glass. Such a means is taken in half a cup 2 times a day.
The result after taking the funds appears after 8-10 hours. But do not use such decoctions too often, as they are addictive, and in order to achieve the desired effect, it will be necessary to periodically increase the dosage of the agent.
Also The following herbs are great laxatives at home.:
- Yarrow is a choleretic plant. For the preparation of remedies for chronic constipation of yarrow, you need 1 tsp. brew herbs with 1 cup of boiling water and let it brew a little. Drink this infusion should be before each meal in 1/3 cup.
- liquorice root not only has an expectorant effect, but also helps fight constipation. Take 1 tbsp. root, pour 200 ml of boiling water and leave for about an hour. Apply this tool with each delay of the chair 1/3 cup.
- nettle leaves perfectly stop the blood, tighten wounds, ulcers, burns, and also struggle with stool delays. 2 tbsp. plants, pour 600 ml of boiling water, let the broth stand and take the whole amount of infusion during the day.
In addition to herbs, there are other laxatives that will help to deal with constipation at home, such as mountain ash and aloe.
From the mountain ash, you first need to prepare a syrup, for this you need to fill the berries with sugar and leave for a month. After the berries should be squeezed out, add 25 ml of alcohol for every 0.5 liters of the resulting syrup. Apply this tool every day on an empty stomach (before use it must be diluted with drinking water). Often, means based on the fruits of mountain ash normalizes the independence of the chair.
Aloe juice is beautifully weak; for its proper application, it is best to take a plant that is at least 3 years old, cut the leaves and put them in the fridge for 6-7 days. After putting the leaves of the plant under the press to squeeze the juice out of them. Then evaporate the juice and consume 0.1-0.2 g per day in a small amount of drinking water. Also pressed aloe juice can be mixed with honey (for 30 g of honey 150 ml of juice). The resulting product should be stored in the refrigerator and use 1 tbsp. l a day with water.
Other ways to treat constipation at home
If you do not have time to prepare decoctions and infusions, then you can use very simple recipes for laxatives at home:
- To the usual kefir add 1 tbsp. any vegetable oil and drink this mixture overnight. The result will appear the next morning, but if it doesn’t exist, repeat this manipulation every night, soon the work of the intestine will normalize;
- Take an equal amount of raisins, prunes and dried apricots, scroll through it all in a meat grinder and eat in the morning.
Do not forget that malnutrition, violation of the daily regimen can lead to a malfunction of the intestines, so try to work out for yourself a specific nutrition schedule and plan your day correctly, learn how to take care of your body and be healthy!