Laser vision correction is an operation that aims to correct anomalies: myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism. Correction does not eliminate the underlying cause, the procedure only eliminates the poor vision itself. The main goal of such an operation is to save a person from the need to wear glasses or contact lenses.
Laser vision correction: the cost of the procedure
The price of laser correction is influenced by many factors - the reputation of the clinic, the complexity of the operation, subsequent maintenance, etc. The current cost may rise tomorrow - everyone understands that.
First of all, you should pay attention to the fact that the procedure is not a therapeutic measure, but a correction. That is, in most cases it will not be able to stop the loss of vision.
Correction can be of 2 types:
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK), when the laser acts on the top layer of the cornea;
- Intrastromal keratomileusis (LASIK) - the laser acts on the inner layers, for example, in the treatment of the retina.
Good clinics always guarantee that in the future you will receive the necessary assistance in case of possible complications. The average cost of treatment is approximately 30-40 thousand rubles, depending on the complexity of the case.
Believing that the correction is an expensive procedure, many people forget that they do it once. It allows you to gain good vision forever. If you count the cost of glasses or contact lenses, which you will acquire all the time, the benefits of laser exposure become apparent.
Laser correction of the eyes is allowed to be carried out with myopia - up to -10.0 diopters, long-sightedness - up to +6.0 diopters, astigmatism - up to 4.0 diopters.
The procedure has contraindications that must be considered. If they are ignored, then it is impossible to guarantee a positive result or the absence of complications.
- Corneal diseases, as well as eye organs (for example, keratoconus, glaucoma, cataracts);
- Diseases associated with impaired immune systems (arthritis, collagenosis, and some forms of diabetes);
- Unstable eye refraction. A temporary phenomenon associated with body growth and changes in the size of the eyeballs. Usually the process is completed by the age of 18. Therefore, laser correction is done only from 18 years;
- Mental disorders, severe forms of alcoholism and drug addiction;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding period.
- Yana: I definitely advise the laser, but to do the procedure, be sure to find a good clinic. Examine all the information before the operation, you should know what awaits you and not be frightened during the correction, listen to the doctor implicitly. It is also important to follow all the instructions afterwards so that there are no complications.
- Christina: After the operation, I saw life in new colors. At home I didn’t really feel the difference between the glasses and without them, but on the street it is! I see all the signs from afar, banners, minibuses, I recognize my friends and I greet them first (they used to be offended that I was so inconsiderate, but I just didn’t see!). Therefore, I advise everyone to decide on an operation. It passes quickly and painlessly. The rehabilitation period is quite short, I already went to work in 2 days!
- Zoya: Everything is simple and fast. Both eyes correct for 15 minutes, no more. It does not hurt, but there is a slight discomfort. The main thing is to tune in. A couple of hours after the correction, vision improvement occurs. Near everything at first blurs, in the distance everything becomes clear. Even if a very difficult case during the week everything is normalized.
Laser vision correction is not a tribute to fashion, but a time-tested effective method. You can consider it expensive, but if you figure out that glasses, lenses, solutions will no longer be needed, then this is even more profitable. Moreover, no optics will give you that feeling of comfort and freedom that will appear after the operation!