Discomfort, itchy and reddened skin, damaged nails are only a small part of the problems that a fungal infection can bring. Fortunately, medicine has reached such a level that such troubles can be eliminated with the help of tablets, creams and ointments. One of these antifungal agents is lamizil. It can be purchased at any pharmacy at an affordable price and without a doctor's prescription.
"Lamisil" - when necessary?
The tool is intended for local and oral administration. It possesses a wide range of antifungal action, in a small concentration with a fungicidal action against dermatophytes, molds, and also some varieties of dimorphic fungi. This drug is harmless to hormonal and normal cells of the human body and has a high degree of effectiveness. Among the indications for use are the following problems:
- Inguinal fungus;
- Scalp fungus;
- Multi-colored lichen (only ointment is effective);
- Mycoses of different parts of the body;
- Various diaper rash;
- Onychymosis (nail fungus) caused by fungi dermatophytes.
- Candidiasis (only pills).
The drug is not recommended for use in case of hypersensitivity to its components. Lamisil cream is also prescribed with caution in the following cases:
- Chronic alcoholism;
- Tumor diseases;
- Metabolic disorders;
- Oppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- Occlusive vascular diseases of the limbs;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Liver diseases, including - chronic;
- Renal dysfunction;
- Diseases of the digestive tract;
- Children's age up to 12 years.
Can Lamisil harm?
Among the side effects (pills), symptoms of a gastrointestinal disorder are most often noted (feeling of fullness in the stomach, loss of appetite, dyspepsia, nausea, mild stomach pain, diarrhea). Some patients have fatigue, mild skin reactions, arthralgia and myalgia.
Less common is a violation of taste, up to the loss of taste (recovery occurs a few days - weeks after stopping treatment). Cases of liver failure have been reported occasionally (some of them have been fatal or liver transplanted).
Also, some patients experienced such serious skin reactions as Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, etc. If a progressive skin rash develops, treatment with lamisil should be discontinued. There are also reports of very rare hematological disorders, such as neutropenia, agranulocytosis or thrombocytopenia.
Among the local reactions observed itching, burning, various rashes.
As for the cost, it varies in the range of 400 to 700 rubles. depending on the pharmacy and the form of release. Lamisil, despite the fact that its price is relatively high, is marked by a mass of positive feedback from consumers.
"Lamisil" in tablets and in the form of ointment: reviews
- Elena: Treated the child mycosis of the scalp. Used lamisil tablets. The drug proved to be quite effective, for the month almost coped with the problem. No side effects have been identified. I advise everyone to lamisil tablets for the treatment of similar problems.
- Igor: I was prescribed lamizil tablets from a fungus on the nails. He suffered for a long time, nothing really helped. Tablets helped very well. Passed a full course of treatment in conjunction with the cream and forgot about what a fungus on the nails.
- Angelina: Took a medication prescribed by a dermatologist. Followed the instructions, as a result of the fungus of the foot irretrievably disappeared. Although I experienced various means before lamizil, not one managed to cope with the task. If he passed the fungus, he soon returned. And after lamizil for more than a year there was no relapse. I am completely satisfied with the drug, even the money spent is not a pity.
- Maria: Lamizil ointment was prescribed to us by a doctor after long trips to hospitals and unsuccessful treatment of her daughter’s skin thrush. Before this means nothing helped. Lamisil coped with the problem for a month (smeared twice a day). The price, of course, is not small, but when it comes to the health of the child, I don’t feel any money. I recommend this cream for those who have a similar problem!
- Svetlana: I used Lamizil ointment to treat nail fungus. Followed the instructions, everything seems to have passed, but after a week the fungus appeared again. Maybe it was not effective for me.
- Vladimir: With the help of lamizil, I tried to treat a foot fungus. Horror, it only got worse. Not only does it cost a lot of money, it does not help. It was very disappointing, because I was hoping for the cure to the last.
See also:Vinegar for nail fungus
Lamisil is a modern antifungal drug produced by a Swiss pharmaceutical company in various forms. Everyone can choose for themselves the best - spray, cream, gel or tablets. Lamisil is used in the treatment of fungal skin diseases, as well as nail and hair lesions caused by various dermatophytes and fungi. Before using the drug, it is recommended to consult a doctor and stop using the product if side effects have been detected.