Potentilla shrub or five-leafed - both names come from the structure of the leaf of this plant. But that is why it is also called Kuril tea, nobody really knows. It is widespread in almost the entire northern hemisphere, and its main location is Altai Mountains. Consider the therapeutic properties and contraindications of Kuril tea.
Kuril tea: useful properties and contraindications
Initially, potentilla was cultivated as an ornamental plant. Actually, even today they have not abandoned this tradition, since the plant is northern and has a very valuable quality for gardeners - it blooms almost continuously until the cold. As for the use of his man, you can use the young shoots, leaves and flowers of Potentilla. In the dried form of brewed tea. It turns out herbal infusion yellow-golden color with a pleasant meadow taste.
To understand the benefits of Kuril tea, you must first look at its constituent components. So he is rich in content:
- trace elements such as potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium, manganese, cobalt, copper;
- essential oils;
- complex organic compounds - saponins;
- adhesives represented by resins;
- vitamin C;
- vitamin P.
Agree, such a variety of substances and trace elements is simply obliged to bring benefits. And there is. For example, plant pigments, which are rarely found in the natural environment, have a preventive effect on the body, preventing the development of malignant tumors, such as lung cancer and skin cancer. Flavonoids and vitamin P have a powerful resistance to bacteria, germs and viruses. Tannins give tea astringency and astringent effect.
Regular consumption of infusions, teas, and decoctions of Potentilla helps our body cope with many ailments, which include:
- inflammatory processes;
- viral and bacterial infections;
- uterine bleeding in women;
- allergies and skin irritations.
In addition, the composition of Kuril tea has choleretic and diuretic properties, has a sedative and sedative effect on the body, can be used as an anesthetic, stabilizes blood pressure in case of its increase, strengthens the immune system.
However, before you decide to take advantage of the miraculous properties of this shrub plant, you should definitely consult with your doctor or a specialist in the field of herbal medicine, because there is a Kuril tea and contraindications. These include:
- Rejection by the body of the components that make up the Potentilla. You should stop taking tea at the first appearance of symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, fever, vomiting.
- Since tea from Potentilla lowers blood pressure, it is absolutely contraindicated in hypotonia.
- The presence of chronic diseases.
- Health problems of the kidneys, as Kuril tea creates an additional load on this organ, which can lead to deterioration.
If you do not have the listed contraindications to the use of this drink, then Kuril tea should be taken in such cases:
- in inflammatory processes of the reproductive organs in women, erosion of the uterine cervix;
- with infections of the digestive system, such as dysentery, various rotaviruses, cholera, golden staphylococcus;
- in case of violations of the natural intestinal microflora;
- with heart failure;
- in case of peptic ulcer;
- diabetes and hypertension;
- with constipation and digestive problems;
- with nervous disorders, depression.
Also, the use of this drink will help restore metabolic processes in the body, normalize the work of the digestive organs. Paradoxical as it sounds, but this diuretic is not bad for children incontinence. The anti-inflammatory effect of tea will effectively help with sore throat, stomatitis and other respiratory viral infections. In these cases, rinsing the throat or mouth cavity with a decoction of Potentilla will be most effective.
Potentilla tea is good as a prophylactic agent, and also it strengthens the vital forces of the body. Tea is brewed in the same way as traditional tea, only a little longer — at least ten minutes. If the dosage is respected, tea consumption may be unlimited. And the dosage is simple - the daily rate of tea leaves is one tablespoon of Kuril tea per ¼ l of boiling water.
For therapeutic purposes, make a decoction. To do this, ½ liter of boiling water pour 3 tbsp. l dry tea and insist at least two hours. After that, put on ten minutes on a slow fire, and then still insist a quarter of an hour. The broth is taken orally, as well as used for rinsing or douching.
On the Net you can find a lot of reviews about Kuril tea:
- Sveta: "I recommend Kuril tea to anyone who has problems with the chair and Senna is contraindicated. This tea has a mild laxative effect and a very pleasant taste. I drank two months without a break a day for one glass. I did not observe any side effects, addictive. "
- Klava: "After I started to drink tea regularly, I noticed that I became calmer and more balanced. I was no longer tormented by internal doubts and contradictions, which used to be very annoying."
- Zulfiya: "I am 28, and I have a weight of 96 kg. You will not wish the enemy. Kuril tea helped in losing weight, the metabolism was adjusted. I have new attitudes. Tea just changed me."
As you can see, nature has kept its healing means for us for centuries, enclosing them in herbs and plants. You just need to be able to use them in time, and then you can cope with many ailments.