Kissel is revered in Russia for a long time, and it is famous, first of all, for its vitamin and healing properties. Natural drink is very useful, it is no wonder that it is even included in the menu in kindergartens. And what about purchased jelly? The benefits and harm to the body are determined by the composition of the drink.
Features cooking jelly
In former times, kissel was boiled not on starch, but on cereal sourdough, which has the same viscous consistency as the usual thickener. But today this recipe is practically not used, and the drink is brewed as follows. Berries pour water and bring to a boil. Starch is dissolved in water or milk (5 tbsp. Of starch per 10 tbsp. Liquid). When the berry syrup boils, the dissolved starch is poured into it in a thin stream. Constantly stirring, bring the jelly to a boil, add sugar or honey (or nothing). Then it is removed from the stove and allowed to cool the drink - this is how its healing properties are most fully manifested. And what is useful jelly? And why is it given in educational and medical institutions?
Kissel: the benefits and harm to the body
Of course, homemade jelly, made from natural ingredients, without adding sugar, will only bring benefits (the main thing is to drink it in moderation). And yet let's take a closer look at such a topic as the benefits and harms of starch jelly.
What is useful jelly?
- First of all, jelly is useful in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, whether it is dysbiosis, gastritis, colitis or an ulcer. Due to its viscous structure, it envelops the walls of the stomach and neutralizes the action of the acidic environment of the gastric juice, thereby reducing pain. For the same reason, the drink is also useful for heartburn. You can use it for prevention.
- Kissel removes harmful elements and slags from the body, improves the functioning of the liver and kidneys, promotes rapid metabolism.
- Berry Kissel - a real storehouse of vitamins. Drink, brewed on the basis of cranberries or lingonberries, has an immunostimulating effect. The same applies to the black currant drink, because it contains a lot of vitamin C, which is needed in sufficient quantities for colds and viral diseases. Blueberry jelly, among other things, is good for the eyes: it improves visual acuity, eliminates cutting in the eyes, relieves stress. Crimson will be very useful for colds. Cherry jelly is a good antiseptic. You can make a mix of different berries - the benefits of this will only be greater. The most common type of drink is perhaps cranberry jelly. The benefits and harms of such a product will depend on how much sugar you put in (the less, the better). As for the rest, the drink will “inherit” the benefit and harm of the cranberry itself, only due to its consistency it will soften the form of its delivery to the body.
- Kissels are boiled and fruit-based. For example, apple drink will replenish iron stores in the body and increase hemoglobin.
And can jelly harm the body?
- This drink differs from fruit drink in its viscous consistency and thickness, which is achieved by starch. It is not difficult to guess that this substance in large quantities can add extra pounds, because the starch is quite high-calorie.
- Since it is customary to add sugar to jelly, it is not recommended to drink in large quantities to people with diabetes.
- But the jelly, bought in the store, is not so harmless. It is usually sold as a powder in a sachet or compressed mass in a briquette. This product contains many dyes, flavors and other artificial additives. If this does not cause an allergic reaction, it will definitely not bring any benefit. Usually, the price of such a jelly is extremely low, which affects the quality of the drink. In this case, store jelly will not be more useful than, for example, Coca-Cola. So it is better to refrain from such a purchase and cook jelly on its own, especially since it does not require much time.
What properties does oatmeal pudding have?
The traditional drink may not be quite ordinary - fruit and berry, and prepared, for example, on the basis of oats. This jelly is rich in vitamins A, C, E, PP, B, as well as phosphorus, iron, potassium, magnesium, sodium, fluorine and many other minerals. All this contributes to the improvement of immunity. So, oatmeal kissel: benefits and harm to the body.-
Oat jelly as well as berry, improves the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, helps with its diseases, is an excellent prophylactic agent.
This drink can also be used by those who want to look beautiful: it improves skin condition and, in general, has a rejuvenating effect on the body.
Good oatmeal kissel and for those who are on a diet. It is quite nutritious, while it is rich, as already mentioned, with microelements and other useful substances. In addition, kissel on oats speeds up the metabolism.
Oatmeal kissel is harmful in large quantities to those who are overweight, because it is high in calories. For the rest, he brings only one continuous benefit.
Now, having learned how simple jelly can be useful in maintaining health, try to introduce its use into habit. After all, even if you do not have any diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, it will still be useful as a preventive measure, and with the current rhythm of life, when you have to eat while running, this is especially important. And the vitamins contained in jelly, certainly will not be superfluous!