Nature creates amazing plants that, growing on the same soils, have completely opposite properties. In central Russia in the forests you can find almost fully equipped "pharmacy". One of its “goods” is the kalgan root, whose healing properties have been known since antiquity.
Wild kalgan is a perennial plant up to 50 cm high with yellow flowers and underground tubers. The leaves form a whorls on the stem (that is, they look like a few skirts, sitting at different heights). The tops of the stems are crowned with small four-petal flowers. Another name Kalgan - erect Lapatka. In Russia, herbalists call him an actor for his ability to heal many ailments. Kulgan was endowed with not only healing, but also supernatural powers.
The tubers that the plant forms in its underground part contain a supply of substances that are nutritious for the plant and medicinal for people with many diseases. Let's try to figure out who will benefit from the kalgan root.
Medicinal properties and contraindications
Kulgan, translated from Arabic "wild ginger", has been used as a spice. The flavonoids and tannins found in wild plant tubers are substances with a wide spectrum of action. They have a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular system, possess astringent, hemostatic, analgesic, expectorant and choleretic action.
Root decoctions involve in a variety of diseases.
- Gastrointestinal: ulcers, erosion of the stomach and intestines, gastric disorders, bleeding, diarrhea, as well as cirrhosis of the liver and hepatitis. Kalgan has a beneficial effect on health due to the content of binders and a large amount of ascorbic acid.
- Nervous system: plant preparations have a sedative and sedative effect, they treat insomnia, depression, and reduce stress.
- Cardiovascular system: decoctions of the root reduce the permeability of the vascular walls and have a vasodilator action. They help prevent hemorrhages, hematomas, hemorrhoids, gout are treated, and blood supply to organs and tissues is normalized. In this regard, kalgan root and its medicinal properties for men are particularly interesting: the use of decoctions of the root will have a beneficial effect on potency. Treatment with calgane will also help with sexual disorders in women.
- Respiratory system: diseases of the nasopharynx, bronchitis, tonsillitis, tuberculosis, asthma. With inflammatory problems of the throat, disinfecting rinsing with kalgan will have a quick effect.
- Skin and mucous membranes: the tannic effect of Kalgan will be very useful for burn skin lesions and frostbite, purulent wounds, gums bleeding, stomatitis, cracks in the skin and eczema, poorly healing injuries. A tightening effect on the skin can be used to smooth the scars.
- Kulgan contains substances that reduce cholesterol and blood sugar, help reduce appetite.
- Antibacterial and antiviral effects make Kalgan a natural antibiotic. The plant has proven itself in the fight against worms, as well as an immunomodulator, disinfectant and antimicrobial agent.
- Kalgan has a diuretic and rejuvenating effect.
With all the variety of positive properties, the plant has a side effect. First of all, this is due to an overdose, which can lead to abdominal pain, migraines, nausea and vomiting. It is not recommended to apply kalgan to people with constipation, increased blood coagulation, decompensated hypertension, and individual intolerance. Alcohol-bound kalgan tinctures are not used to treat children, pregnant women, or people with alcohol dependence.
Preparation of medicines from Kalgan
As already noted, ground kalgan is used in cooking. What it is? It is a spice that is made from dried and ground root, less often from leaves and young shoots. The greatest force gaining roots in late summer - early autumn. It is better to collect them in September. But even after going under the snow, the root will not lose its healing properties. Dug out the root must be washed, free from small roots and dry. As it dries, it acquires a brown color, enhances its aroma and sharp, bitter taste. For the preparation of infusions and decoctions chopped root. Properly prepared "material" can be stored for up to 5 years.
A decoction of Kalgan is prepared as follows: 30 g of the root is poured with boiling water (250 ml) and brewed in a thermos or in a water bath for 20 minutes. Take the broth inside can be 3 times a day for a tablespoon. This broth can rinse your mouth, make lotions out of it.
To get the Kalganov tincture, take a half-liter bottle of vodka, fill it with 30 g of Kalgan root. Infuse the mixture for 2-3 weeks, periodically shaking. In cardiovascular diseases, reducing the potency, a kalganovo is taken twice a day by half a spoon, diluted with water. The course of treatment is not less than a month.
For external use, for example, in the treatment of eczema, wild kalgan herb juice is used. Inside the juice take a spoon (table) 3 times a day.
For the role of expectorant, Kalgan can take the form of inhalation. This will soften and ease cough for bronchitis, laryngitis, pneumonia.
Kalgan powder is used as a powder for lesions of the skin and mucous membranes, for example, the oral cavity. Also for external use, ointments are made from a plant, using fat, butter, glycerin as a base. At the same time, powder of Kalgan or its tincture can be mixed with the base.
For internal use, it is very important to observe the dosage to prevent side effects.
In conclusion, it is worth noting that the use of medicinal herbs rarely have to expect immediate results. So with the treatment of "wild ginger" have patience. And then kalgan root and its medicinal properties will help you to maintain health for a long time and enjoy life.