The inflammatory process occurring in the maxillary sinus, which has the simple and capacious name of "antritis", is characterized by headache, severe runny nose, difficulty breathing and fever. It is among those diseases that begin to be treated already at the stage of complication, or do not cure at all. How to deal with the problem in a short time and what is the most effective medicine for antritis?
How to get rid of the infection?
Despite the fact that most open sources advise taking antibiotics for the treatment of sinusitis, doctors do not recommend taking extreme measures if there is no need to get rid of the problem in a matter of hours. The overall effect on the immune system and the causative agent is certainly necessary, but this can be achieved with more benign medications: any immunostimulant will do. If you select antibiotics, look for those that kill gram-negative bacteria: for example, Cephalosporin, Amoxiclav, Macrolide. But their appointment is better to entrust the doctor.
- It is useless to treat viral antritis with such drugs, so it is better to focus on the pasture of mucus from the sinuses: for this purpose, any saline works well - from pure to that presented under the names Aqualor, Aquamaris, Salin, etc. It also makes sense to dig in Protargol - a drug known since Soviet times, extremely budget and effective. No contraindications.
The whole mass of drugs intended for the treatment of antritis can be divided into several groups: these are agents that contribute to the outflow of stagnant mucus and reduce the swelling of the sinus, various analgesics, as well as antibiotics. According to the doctors, therapy should be carried out in all directions, so there can not be a single medicine. Nevertheless, it is possible to do without some groups at a certain stage: for example, there is no point in antibiotics if the process is not started. But to clean and soothe the mucous need at any stage of the disease.
How to alleviate the condition?
Before you begin the transfer of specific medicines, you should draw your attention to the fact that even the most expensive drug may be useless if you expect it to have an immediate effect. Therapy against antritis should be systematic and prolonged. Nasal washings are recommended every 60-90 minutes. during the first 3 days, then make it more rare. Drops to use up to 5 times a day. The treatment can take up to 2-3 weeks, because it is important to get the virus completely free.
- Furacilin. Tablets, which make the solution for washing the nasal passages, relevant for both incipient sinusitis, and for chronic. It is a liquid with antibacterial and antimicrobial action, used even in surgical practice. The tablet is ground to powder and mixed with hot water in a ratio of 1: 5000. For the same purpose, you can take furatsilinu ointment, which is treated with cotton swabs. The course of treatment is not limited. Chlorophyllipt has a similar effect.
- Sinuforte. The drug is based on plant components, which stimulates the separation of pus and mucus, and acts almost instantly. The most pronounced effect is observed in the first 30-60 minutes. It also has a slight drying effect and relieves puffiness, facilitating nasal breathing. Doctors recommend Sinuforte for catarrhal and purulent sinusitis, as well as after endoscopy. Single dose - up to 3 drops in each nasal passage, the procedure is carried out 1 time per day. Treatment lasts no more than 8 days with daily therapy, or 16 days if used every other day. Before use, the solution should be prepared by mixing the powder and solvent and shaking them well.
- Sinupret. The remedy for the outflow of mucous secretions from the nasal passages in a form that is not standard for this purpose: it is presented in the form of dragees and drops that must be diluted with water and consumed inside. The drug is of plant origin, as a result, almost no contraindications. In addition to alleviating nasal breathing, it relieves inflammation and headache. It is mainly used for sinusitis, but, according to consumer reviews, it is also well manifested as a remedy for sinusitis. Synupret can be prescribed to children older than 6 years, the course of treatment does not last longer than 14 days. The application is threefold, the dosage of the drug depends on the age and form of release.
- Bioparox. It belongs to the category of antibiotics, however, the use of it is local, the active substance gets into the blood plasma in a minimal amount, therefore the drug is considered to be fairly safe. It relieves inflammation and swelling, can be used for infections of the oral cavity and for sinusitis. Bioparox presented in the form of a spray, which irrigate the nasal passages up to 4 times a day. The duration of treatment is not more than 7 days.
All of these drugs are not allowed during pregnancy and breastfeeding, since the active substances in the minimum amount into the blood and can be passed to the child. However, this issue is regulated as necessary with your doctor. Also keep in mind that when sinus is not recommended vasoconstrictor drops, even more difficult outflow of mucus.