Pumpkin is a healthy and tasty vegetable, which is often used in cooking. Usually it is baked, cooked mashed potatoes and porridge. Not many people know that a pumpkin can be eaten raw.
Pumpkin raw: useful properties
For several centuries, people have successfully enjoyed recipes from ordinary pumpkin. Our ancestors knew how useful it was. The development of technology and modern medicine has brought many new facts to this knowledge. The fact that the use of this vegetable is invaluable for our organism is absolutely not in doubt. Pumpkin contains almost all amino acids necessary for an organism and important vitamins. For example, vitamin E contained therein in large quantities actively stimulates the functions of the sex glands and also protects the body from premature fading.
Pumpkin, especially raw, brings great benefits, in its pulp there are important trace elements: magnesium, calcium, sodium. Not to mention how many vitamins are in this product: A and C, vitamins of group B and PP, K.
Due to its beneficial components, the pulp, juice and pumpkin seeds help well in combating caries, in diseases of the digestive, cardiovascular and urinary systems, pyelonephritis, other kidney diseases, poor sleep, obesity, and are also an excellent antihelminthic.
Do they eat raw pumpkin?
- Raw pumpkin is especially helpful. It contains a lot of juice in its pulp, which is an excellent way to prevent constipation. To do this, you need to skip 200 g of pumpkin through a juicer and drink it on an empty stomach.
- Those who suffer from excess salt in the body, should be taken in the morning on an empty stomach 4 tbsp. l grated pumpkin, which must be filled with fresh lemon juice.
- 2 weeks of this breakfast, and you will forget about the edema, problems with the urinary system!
- In pumpkin seeds a lot of zinc, so they are useful for both children and adults. They can and even need to be eaten raw.
- Pumpkin is used to treat kidney and liver. Raw pulp clean the intestines. It does not matter what kind of vegetable. Pumpkin pulp (especially raw) quickly adjusts the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Raw pumpkin allowed to eat up to 0.5 kg per day. A boiled or baked - up to 2 kg. In the raw product there are many more important vitamins, therefore it is more useful.
Pumpkin raw: recipes
If you suffer from insomnia - do not rush to drink sleeping pills! It is enough to drink 100 grams of fresh pumpkin juice before bedtime, in which you need to add 1 tsp. honey-
For those who spend a lot of time on their feet, it is recommended to use the recipe of a tonic mono cocktail: beat 200 g of peeled pumpkin pulp in a blender. This gruel helps relieve pain in the feet.
Raw pumpkin salad
Pumpkin can be cooked cold and hot sweet salads.
Raw pumpkin goes well with carrots, apples, fresh herbs.
- Raw pumpkin - 100 g
- Raw carrots - 2 pcs.
- Raw apple - 2 pcs.
- Chopped walnut - 1 handful
- Raisin - 1 handful
- Honey - to taste
- Olive oil - to taste
- Sour cream - to taste
- Grate raw pumpkin, add grated carrots, sliced apple, raisins and nuts. Season with honey.
- If desired, instead of honey, the salad can be filled with sour cream or olive oil.
Raw pumpkin must be included in the daily diet. It has many useful properties. This vegetable is recommended for people with diseases of the liver, gastrointestinal tract, urogenital system. In addition to the healing properties, raw pumpkin has an original taste and juicy pulp, which makes it an indispensable ingredient in vegetable salads.