The issue of feeding a nursing mother holds a special place. Women are often interested in products that they can and cannot eat. After all, what is useful for mom is not always possible for a child. There is a risk of allergies, problems with the gastrointestinal tract, in connection with which there are well-founded doubts about some products. Is it possible to boil beets nursing mother?
Can nursing mother beets boiled?
Red beet is one of the leaders among healthy vegetables. It contains a large amount of vitamins, as well as active substances. The iron content is especially necessary for people prone to anemia. Iodine is needed for the health of our thyroid gland. Vitamins not only strengthen the immune system, but also help to prolong youth. In addition, the beet is an antioxidant and has a strong bactericidal effect.
Here is a brief list of the benefits of beets for human health:
- stimulates the heart;
- helps with hypertension;
- medicine for osteoporosis;
- great during pregnancy;
- useful for diabetes;
- protects against cancer;
- helps against constipation;
- useful for strengthening immunity;
- improves mood;
- cleanses and strengthens the liver;
- beet juice increases activity and performance.
What is useful boiled beets?
Argued that beets are better not to eat nursing mothers. One of the reasons why women try to avoid it during feeding is a persistent fear of all red products. Of course, it did not appear out of the blue, because red color often means that the product contains potential allergens. However, not in our case. On the contrary, it is recommended to include beets in the diet of women during lactation. Naturally, this should be without fanaticism, which, in principle, applies to absolutely any products. With a beet, a nursing mother will get all the vitamins and minerals necessary for her and the baby.
Beets raw is better not to eat. Firstly, plant products may contain microbes or bacteria, and secondly, many of them are subjected to heat treatment. If an adult's body can cope with them without any problems, then the infant’s immune system is not yet ready for such serious loads. That is why beets during lactation is better to eat boiled. For example, salads with beets and a small addition of unrefined vegetable oil are quite useful. And of course, nursing mother can be borscht with beets.
If you still continue to doubt whether it is possible to eat beets to a nursing mother, then let's consider what happens in the body when a woman eats her during lactation. Breast milk is saturated from the mother's body with microelements necessary for the baby, in particular, with iron. And more importantly, the baby receives iodine, and in its natural form it is absorbed by the blood in the required doses. Can not be said about the use of artificial additives - there is always the risk of overdose.
In addition, the root helps the body of a nursing mother to get rid of harmful substances. There is an opinion that beets can act as laxatives, but this does not affect the baby. On the contrary, many mothers notice that when boiled beets are introduced into their diets, problems with the gastrointestinal tract in infants have significantly decreased. So its use within reasonable limits during breastfeeding is fully permitted.
What are the contraindications?
As already mentioned, when the beet is used in reasonable quantities or for therapeutic and preventive purposes, it is absolutely safe. Unlimited consumption of beets can affect the body as follows:
- The level of calcium absorption in the body decreases, and this increases the probability of the formation of kidney stones by 10 times. That is why beets are strictly contraindicated for people with kidney disease.
- Beets contain anthocyanins, which can lead to excessive pigmentation.
- Urine is stained red, and although in most cases this is normal, there is a risk of problems associated with iron metabolism.
- People suffering from hemochromatosis - an excess of copper and iron, should abandon the use of beets. It is these trace elements contained in it in large quantities.
- Beet contains Betanin. On the one hand, it is good for health, but on the other, it has some toxicity. Therefore, during pregnancy, eat beets should be in extremely moderate quantities.
- The same betanin is absolutely contraindicated for kidney disease and obesity. It increases cholesterol levels and is considered the culprit for abdominal pain, nausea and diarrhea.
How to include the product in the diet?
The main rule of the postpartum diet is to eat only healthy foods that help you quickly regain strength, actively take care of the newborn and return to the prenatal state. The most stringent diet should be in the first month after birth. During this period, the young mother should refrain from eating vegetables, fruits, cabbage and legumes.
After the first month of feeding, these products can be administered gradually, but not all at once, and in turn, watching the condition of the child, so as not to cause him a negative reaction. In the event of such a reaction, the mother should abandon the use of the product that causes it. Keep a food diary that allows you to easily determine which foods from your diet cause a negative response in your child.
All vegetables are good for the body due to the high content of vitamins, fiber and minerals. Beets in the period of lactation must necessarily be in the diet of a woman, but only in boiled form.