In the process of evolution, the human jaw has undergone some changes. First of all, it affected its size - it became much smaller. The "blame" for this is the food that we now consume. It has become much softer than that which people used several centuries ago. But the teeth remained the same amount. Teeth of wisdom - are the latest in the jaw, and they erupt later than all. Do I need to remove these teeth? What is the consequence of failure of a wisdom tooth??
Indications for the removal of wisdom tooth
You should immediately remove a wisdom tooth if the following points highlight your situation:
- In the area of the wisdom tooth, caries began to develop, and it is difficult to fill the teeth, due to the fact that they are difficult to access.
- Due to the fact that the wisdom tooth was cut, the bite changed, the effect of crowding of the teeth appeared.
- A wisdom tooth should be removed immediately if it has only partially erupted. In this situation, there is a toothache, tearing pain in the gums, possibly suppuration.
- It also happens that a broken wisdom tooth grows incorrectly and begins to scratch the cheek. In this case, it is also subject to removal.
- If a wisdom tooth injures the gum, this is also an indication for removal.
When can you not remove a wisdom tooth?
Not in all cases wisdom tooth to be removed. Sometimes you can not touch it.
- If the wisdom tooth grows right.
- If the tooth does not interfere with the rest of the teeth.
- If the wisdom tooth erupted completely.
- If the wisdom tooth does not scratch the cheek and does not bother you.
In all these cases, wisdom tooth should not be removed.
Wisdom teeth care
- First, get a toothbrush with elongated bristles. This will allow you to efficiently clean even an inaccessible wisdom tooth.
- Secondly, when you notice that your wisdom tooth is erupting, try, at least on the first day, to eat only liquid and semi-liquid food - cereals, broths, mashed soups.
- For several days that a wisdom tooth is cutting through, completely eliminate acidic foods, hot and salty, from the diet. Their use, now, can harm you.
- If, while cutting through, the wisdom tooth damaged the gum and it began to bleed, bite a piece of the bandage. Within ten minutes the blood should stop. If you can not stop the blood within twenty minutes - immediately consult a doctor.
- As soon as the wisdom tooth erupts, cover it with a special gel that will protect the tooth from the effects of germs and bacteria.
Care after removing a wisdom tooth
If you, nevertheless, decided remove wisdom tooth, you need to know that after the removal requires careful oral care.-
- During the first days after the removal of a wisdom tooth, you should abandon any physical activity, alcohol and tobacco.
- The first twelve hours after the removal of a wisdom tooth should never be brushed. You can rinse your mouth with special solutions.
- On the second day after the removal of a wisdom tooth, tooth brushing is allowed. Just note, the brush should have soft bristles.
- Rinse the mouth cavity with brine. To do this, dilute half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water.
- If your cheek is swollen, after removing the wisdom tooth, apply a piece of ice to it from the outside.
Do not argue with the doctor, refusing wisdom tooth removal, if the doctor insists on it. Take the necessary examination, tell your doctor about your health condition. If, however, the wisdom tooth is growing correctly, and does not bother you, you can not remove it.
Health to you!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru-Vitalina