Many people have suffered pain in their stomachs for years, jammed with medicines, hoping that everything will go away by itself. Meanwhile, the diseases that can cause such a condition are not at all harmless. Before you swallow no-shpu, think: why are you disturbed by the intestines, what are the causes and symptoms? Abdominal pain must be classified and eliminated. How to do it?
What diseases cause discomfort in the intestines, their symptoms
Pain syndrome of varying intensity occurs for the following reasons:
- infectious processes in the intestine (in the thick section), which cause inflammation of its mucous membrane;
- parasitic diseases (helminthiasis). They are manifested not only by pain, but also by nausea, weakness, signs of general intoxication (rashes);
- dysbacteriosis. Violation of the normal intestinal flora as a result of antibiotics. His symptoms are frequent loose stools, poor appetite, increased flatulence, nausea and belching, weakness;
- obstruction. It can cause tumors, worms and frequent constipation (which leads to the accumulation of fecal masses in the intestine). The disease is manifested by severe cramping pain, which is replaced by dull arching pain, delayed stool and gas, vomiting and bloating;
- chronic pancreatitis. In case of inflammation of the pancreas, food is not completely digested - this causes the accumulation of gas and pain in the intestines. Pain occurs after eating. It is so strong that it can cause loss of consciousness;
- chronic or acute inflammatory processes that are localized in the large intestine - colitis; in the small intestine - enteritis; on the mucous membrane of the duodenum - duodenitis. All these diseases can provoke intestinal colic in adults, symptoms (treatment is aimed at relieving pain syndrome) - this is a strong pain of a spastic nature, which lasts from a couple of minutes to several hours and can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting and fainting;
- intestinal atony. An affliction in which intestinal peristalsis worsens, and digested food cannot move freely into its lower parts. It is characterized by such symptoms: tight stools, gas, anemia, sleep disturbance, general fatigue, depression, gray complexion;
- autoimmune diseases. Their development leads to the fact that the body responds by producing a large amount of antibodies. This leads to ulcerative colitis;
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- ulcerative intestinal lesions. There is a sharp pain, heartburn, lack of appetite, weakness. The temperature rises, the skin turns pale, vomiting is possible;
- benign and malignant tumors - polyps and cancer. In addition to pain, they appear as follows: blood in the feces, pain in the anus; weight loss, change in the frequency of feces, fatigue.
Reason number one - irritable bowel syndrome: symptoms and treatment
This syndrome is familiar to many and is a frequent cause of serious discomfort. The brightest symptom - the pain always begins after a meal (especially after a hearty meal). It is localized in the lower abdomen and subsides after the release of the intestines. People complain of bloating and rumbling in the stomach. They have an irregular stool: diarrhea alternating with constipation. Several times a day a person feels the urge to empty.
Treatment includes antidepressants, antispasmodics (Duspalgin, Papaverin, No-shpa), antidiarrheal drugs (Smecta, activated charcoal), Loperamide (broths of blueberries, Potentilla, bird cherry, chamomile and peppermint), drugs that normalize the activity of the intestine - Motilium, Dufalac, Coordinates (decoctions of buckthorn grass, rhubarb).
The patient must comply with the regime of the day, have a full night rest. The treatment will be successful if you follow a diet - exclude food with preservatives and food additives. You should forget about coffee, give up alcohol, carbonated drinks, strong tea. It is not recommended to drink milk.
I have a stomachache. What will medicine help?
The main factors on which it depends on what medications the intestines will treat are diseases and symptoms. Abdominal pain associated with organic disorders (neoplasms, obstruction) will be eliminated by surgical means.
The pain caused by intestinal colic is relieved with the help of painkillers (Analgin, Baralgin), antispastic (No-shpa, Papaverine), nervous tension is eliminated with sedatives (Valerian, Motherwort). A warm heating pad is applied to the lower abdomen; a warm microclyster is made of an infusion of chamomile.
When dysbacteriosis prescribe tablets, which contain lacto-and bifidobacteria - Lactobacterin, Lines, Acilact.
One of the symptoms that occurs when bowels hurt is gas. The treatment is carried out with the help of such drugs as Espumizan, Motilium, Renny, Motilak, adsorbents - Sorbex, Enterosgel.
Folk remedies to combat pain in the lower abdomen
Treatment with folk remedies is permissible to use only when the cause is known, which caused the pain. It is symptomatic. What can be used?
- tincture of anise, coriander or cumin (1 teaspoon of seeds to pour 200 ml of boiling water, to insist an hour) from bloating and bubbling in the stomach;
- crushed ginger will contribute to the elimination of increased gas formation. Enough to eat ¼ tsp. powder;
- You can relieve the pain of constipation as follows: drink a glass of water with honey and lemon every morning;
- and to remedy the problem of constipation, such a remedy will do: eat 1 tbsp daily l raisins or 3 pcs. prunes;
- to get rid of dysbiosis, you can use a decoction of mint, wormwood, chamomile, sage;
- garlic will help restore the intestinal microflora, if you eat 1 clove (on an empty stomach) for 2 weeks. Good effect gives garlic tincture on vodka;
- To normalize the work of the intestine should use honey with aloe. It is useful to include in the menu jelly from oats and mucous porridge.
Lower abdominal pain, especially long or sharp, is a serious warning. If the intestines knock, the treatment should always begin with a diet. The menu, which he likes, is easily digestible, vitamin-rich foods without "chemistry." Remember that a healthy intestine is a healthy organism, so never ignore the pain in your stomach.