Alpha-lipoic acid is a powerful antioxidant. These are nutrients (in the majority of vitamin properties) that are vital for our body. Alpha-lipoic acid has earned extremely positive reviews.
It has a number of useful properties:
- tonic effect on the body;
- regulation of lipid metabolism;
- regulation of carbohydrate metabolism - turning them into energy;
- regulation (reduction) of blood glucose level;
- obstructing the oxidation of the circulatory and nervous systems in diabetics;
- cleansing the liver and the body from toxins;
- muscle patronage.
On the basis of alpha-lipoic acid produced biologically active additives. In addition to it, the preparations may also contain excipients that enhance the effect of antioxidants.
These dietary supplements are mainly used to eliminate various manifestations of neuropathy. There is a high sensitivity to insulin. In both of these cases, alpha-lipoic acid becomes an indispensable assistant to patients suffering from diabetes. After numerous clinical studies, it was revealed that the substance plays an important role in the blood supply to the nerves, improving the conductivity of nerve impulses.
Alpha-lipoic acid protects other antioxidants, improving their properties. Which in turn leads to improved cellular metabolism.
The drug is indicated to take:
- diabetics, especially with numbness, tingling, and other signs of neuropathy;
- for lowering glucose levels;
- with diseases of the nervous system;
- hepatitis (to protect the liver);
- suffering for alcoholism;
- with intoxication;
- for protection against glaucoma;
- as preventive measures for memory loss, which is often the case in patients with immunodeficiency virus;
- as protection against radiation injury.
Recently, alpha lipoic acid is actively used for weight loss. This will allow the figure to return to normal, painlessly, to “correct” the disordered functions of the body.
Slimming without harm to health
Alpha-lipoic acid for weight loss is characterized by a host of advantages:
- 100% natural;
- improvement of metabolic processes;
- Correction of weight and body without grueling workouts and strict diets;
- rational lipid metabolism (fats are converted into energy);
- rejuvenating effect;
- minimum side effects and contraindications;
- The method of losing weight is allowed in diabetes.
- improving overall well-being;
- normalization of the work of the organs of the cardiovascular system;
- normalization of the central nervous system;
- normalization of the work of the digestive tract;
- lowering blood glucose levels;
- vision improvement.
Alpha-lipoic acid: instructions for use
In this case, we are talking about a dietary supplement. Instructions for use provides for daily consumption of at least 25-50 mg of the substance, a maximum of 400-600 mg. In the process of losing weight, an integrated approach is important: diet - dietary supplements - training.
Losing weight shows the following technique:
- before or after the first meal;
- after physical activity;
- during the last meal.
Recommendations for acceptance for the rest: after eating a dose of 50 mg 3-4 times a day. Supplements can be used for about a month. Before the next course, take a break in a month.
When reception is not possible?
Like most substances, alpha-lipoic acid has several limitations. The first, of course, hypersensitivity. Supplement is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating breasts, as well as children under 6 years.
It is not necessary to exclude the possibility of adverse events, including:
- allergic reactions of various kinds;
- heartburn, nausea and vomiting;
- point skin and mucous hemorrhages;
- increased intracranial pressure;
What they say about the drug?
What are the reviews from consumers received alpha lipoic acid? Those wishing to lose weight, the effectiveness of the supplement is of first interest.
Elena, 31 years old: "I have been drinking for some time after breakfast and a couple of times during the day. No allergic reactions. I feel light, comfortable flow of internal processes. Loss in kilograms and centimeters has become noticeable."
Christina, 44 years old: “There were no intentions to lose weight on purpose. Lipoic acid is accepted because it is diabetic. I note: a noticeable improvement in the condition, the glycemic index is almost normal. And the tummy disappeared somewhere, lightness and vigor appeared.”
Irina, 25 years old: "The supplement is inexpensive, is sold in a simple pharmacy. I take it as a vitamin because I don’t have much to complain about. Unless there are skin problems, and even these" stomach holidays. "Now I have no problems with digestion, I am always in a good mood I can treat myself to tasty without consequences. "
Alpha-lipoic acid, when properly applied, is able to prevent and even reverse the adverse processes occurring in our body. The drug has the greatest effect on sugar metabolism. In addition to all the above, we note the anti-inflammatory property, despite the fact that both for internal and external use. But remember, any therapy, even with the help of dietary supplements, must be agreed with the doctor.