The articular tissue of the fingers has a very fragile structure, so often people complain about the appearance of pain in this area. Inflammation of the joints may be associated with the development of arthritis or autoimmune pathologies. How to overcome the inflammation of the joints of the fingers? Treatment can be carried out by drug and folk methods.
Inflammation of the joints of the hands: treatment
As already mentioned, the inflammation of the articular tissue may be due to the development of arthritis or a number of diseases belonging to the autoimmune group, in particular lupus, diabetes mellitus or tuberculosis. For a long time, the symptoms of the inflammatory process are not manifested, with the result that it becomes more difficult to treat arthritis. Later, the person begins to feel pain when the fingers move, which can lead to a complete deformation of the articular tissue.
The inflammatory process in the articular tissue of the hands may develop for such reasons as:
- mechanical injury;
- excessive exercise;
- changes associated with age-related thinning of the articular and cartilage tissue;
- development of pathologies affecting the joints.
As practice shows, the symptoms of arthritis or other inflammation of the articular tissue is pronounced:
- there are pain after any physical activity or lifting goods;
- at rest, fingers do not hurt;
- articular tissue expands and deforms;
- there are swelling associated with the violation of full lymphatic drainage.
At emergence of primary symptoms it is necessary to address immediately to the attending specialist. In no case can not take their own measures to treat the disease. The doctor must conduct an examination, identify the cause of the disease and make an accurate diagnosis. Based on comprehensive information, a specialist will be able to prescribe a complete treatment.
A wide range of pharmacological companies offer anti-inflammatory drugs for the treatment of diseases of the joints. Generally speaking, you can use tablets, ointments or injections in such cases:
- with the appearance of pain of varying intensity, including after injury;
- with the development of bursitis, arthritis, synovitis and a number of other pathologies;
- with pain syndromes that have a neuralgic, postoperative or post-traumatic nature.
To heal the inflammation of the joint of the thumb or the whole hand, you can use special ointments. Along with oral administration of pharmacological drugs, in the complex treatment of ointments and anti-inflammatory gels will help eliminate pain. All pharmaceuticals, the action of which is aimed at relieving inflammation of the articular tissue, are conventionally divided into several groups. Classifying sign is considered active substance.
In any pharmacy you can buy such effective ointment:
- Indomethacin ointment;
- Ketonal and others
Pharmacological preparations, which should be taken orally, are also divided into several groups. Each of them is effective in its own way and is assigned depending on the diagnosis and the degree of development of inflammatory processes in the articular tissues. Most often, treating specialists prescribe such pharmacological agents:
- Lornoxicam and others
To completely get rid of the disease of the joints, you should undergo a comprehensive treatment. You should not engage in self-treatment, it is best to resort to the help of a specialist.
Treatment of folk remedies
The greatest popularity in the treatment of inflammation of the articular tissue of the hands acquired compresses. They must be fixed with cotton cloth or gloves made from natural materials. Today, herbalists recommend the use of herbal ingredients that have anti-inflammatory and wound-healing effects. These include:
- lingonberry and blackberry leaves;
- pomegranate juice;
- pharmacy chamomile.
To eliminate puffiness and pain syndrome, you can use these plant extracts:
- cabbage leaves;
- wild rosemary;
- buds and leaves of lilac;
- laurel leaf;
- birch leaves;
Recipe number 1
To eliminate the pain yourself, you can make an infusion of elecampane. It must be rubbed into the articular tissues of the hands. You will see that after a while you will feel relieved. Do not forget that any herbal remedies will not help you completely get rid of the disease. To do this, you must undergo a comprehensive treatment course prescribed by an arthrologist.
- devisme rhizome - 20 g;
- vodka or alcohol - 125 ml.
Preparation and use:
- Shredded root devyasila lay out in a glass container and pour the alcohol base.
- We mix everything well and then put it in a dark place for 14 days.
- After two weeks, the prepared infusion can be used as a rub.
- It is best to apply it twice a day on the area of the joints of the hands.
Recipe number 2
Many people with arthritis use their own homemade ointment to relieve inflammation and eliminate pain. It contains apple cider vinegar, so before use, take into account all the contraindications and test for the manifestation of an allergic reaction.
- 1 egg yolk;
- turpentine - 1 tsp;
- Apple vinegar - 1 tsp.
Preparation and use:
- All components are laid out in a separate container and mix until a homogeneous mass.
- Apply the prepared ointment on the affected areas of the joints and rub until completely absorbed.
- The procedure can be performed twice a day.
The development of inflammation in the articular tissues of the hands gives a person a lot of inconvenience. If you do not start the treatment of this disease in a timely manner, complicated consequences may develop. Be sure to contact your healthcare professional and follow his instructions carefully. Do not forget that self-medication can only aggravate the inflammatory process and cause harm. Be healthy!