Everyone knows how important the full functioning of the digestive tract. Bad health, the manifestation of any symptoms or pain in the right hypochondrium - all these are the harbingers of a serious illness. Bile is actively involved in the digestive process, and if pathology develops in the gallbladder, it is fraught with complicated consequences. In this article we will look at the main symptoms of inflammation of the gallbladder and the various ways to treat it.
Inflammation of the gallbladder: symptoms
If there is inflammation of the gallbladder or cholecystitis, the person feels pain under the right rib. The pain may be of a different nature, most often it is acute and paroxysmal. Along with this, cholecystitis has the following symptoms:
- unpleasant bitter taste in the mouth;
- frequent nausea with vomiting;
- the appearance of jaundice;
- a disorder of the digestive tract (constipation or diarrhea may appear);
- fever, accompanied by chills;
- weakness, excessive tiredness;
- weight loss or weight gain;
- headache of varying degrees.
As a rule, all the symptoms of the development of inflammatory processes in the gallbladder are aggravated by the use of "wrong" food (very spicy, overly salty, fried, fatty) and alcoholic beverages. Exhausting physical exertion can also cause aggravation.
In females with inflammation of the gallbladder, along with the above symptoms may occur:
- mood swings and unreasonable headache (similar to the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome);
- the development of urticaria, the appearance of edema (often manifested in allergy sufferers);
- temperature threshold may be below normal and trigger weakness and exhaustion;
- itching of the skin;
- symptoms of vegetative-vascular dystonia.
All symptoms occur only when the disease progresses in an acute form. If you do not promptly resort to the help of a specialist and do not begin treatment, then the disease of the gallbladder will become chronic and the symptoms will not be so pronounced. And the advanced stage of cholecystitis may lead to the development of severe pathologies of the liver and ducts.
Causes of inflammatory processes
As practice shows, the main cause of the appearance of inflammatory processes in the gallbladder is the ingestion of pathogenic bacteria:
- pathogens of intestinal infections (sticks);
- dysenteric amoebae;
- pathogens of staphylococcus;
In some cases, other diseases can provoke the development of pathology in the gallbladder:
- failures in the production of enzymes;
- the presence of malignant or benign tumors in the peritoneum;
- organ deformation (most often it is congenital abnormality);
- vascular atherosclerosis;
- disruptions in the functioning of the endocrine system;
- mechanical damage to the gallbladder (injury);
- unbalanced or unhealthy diet;
- the course of allergic reactions;
- unreasonable (sometimes frequent) constipation;
- inactive lifestyle;
- carrying a child;
- impaired blood circulation due to age-related changes.
Since the main reasons for the occurrence of cholecystitis are the presence of infections in the body, the following diseases and pathologies can provoke the development of inflammatory processes in the gallbladder:
- diseases of the upper respiratory tract (for example, sinusitis or tonsillitis);
- diseases of the reproductive system;
- liver damage by viruses;
- the presence of infection in the oral cavity (for example, the development of periodontal disease).
Regardless of the form of development of inflammatory processes in the gallbladder and the reasons for their occurrence, the treatment course should be complex. There are two main methods of treatment:
- pharmacological (drug);
- by surgical intervention (laparoscopy).
Prescribe treatment can only doctor after a full-scale examination and passing all the necessary tests. The examination may reveal that there are stones in the gallbladder.
The symptoms of the presence of stones in the ducts and gall bladder are similar to cholecystitis without complications. In this case, the doctor may prescribe the following pharmacological agents:-
All these drugs have an impact on the stones, which after their long reception are crushed and removed from the body (in particular, from the gall bladder). If the inflammatory process has arisen due to the presence of infectious pathogens in the body, then a course of anti-parasitic therapy is mandatory. To stimulate the full functioning of the gallbladder, you can drink warm mineral non-carbonated water three times a day.
In case of detection of abnormalities in the processes of bile production, the administration of ursodeozoxycholic acid is introduced into the treatment course. Pain can be eliminated by taking the following pharmacological drugs:
For the complete production of bile, you can take Hofitol or Allohol, as well as other drugs with identical active substance.
Along with pharmacological treatment, doctors sometimes prescribe a course of physiotherapy, for example:
- inductothermy, etc.
In practice, there are cases when, for various reasons, pharmacological treatment of inflammatory processes in iboli in the gallbladder or the removal of stones is contraindicated. In such situations, doctors perform a surgical procedure called laparoscopy. A small incision is made in the gallbladder and the stones are removed.
Also for the treatment of cholecystitis, you can resort to the means of traditional medicine, but before taking such substances, you should always consult with your doctor. Remember that only a comprehensive treatment will provide a speedy recovery and deliverance from the disease.
What diet should be followed?
Along with taking pharmacological drugs to cure inflammatory processes in the gallbladder, you should definitely follow a diet. It is strictly not recommended to use the following products:
- fried, too sharp and overly salty foods;
- garlic, onions;
- dairy products;
- Black strong tea.
In the diet must enter:
- light soups;
- various cereals (including coarse groats);
- steamed dishes;
- fruits and vegetables rich in fiber;
- boiled fish and meat (but lean, for example, allowed to eat boiled chicken or veal);
There should be small portions at regular intervals. The number of meals per day should be increased up to 5 times.
Cholecystitis (inflammation in the gallbladder) is a serious disease that can cause complicated effects. To avoid this, if you experience the slightest symptoms, immediately contact a specialist who will prescribe the correct and comprehensive treatment. Along with this, you should stick to the diet and not to exhaust yourself with physical exertion. Be healthy!