Most people are very sensitive to any problems that are associated with their teeth. One of the most common complaints is "the gum around the tooth is inflamed." Because of their dislike for dentists, many prefer to look for folk remedies or proven by someone else’s experience to alleviate unpleasant symptoms. What caused such sensations and how to get rid of them?
Almost every second person periodically encounters the fact that when brushing teeth one has to spit blood, and the gums around the tooth swells up. Gradually, a number of unpleasant symptoms of inflammation in the oral cavity appear:
- pain when chewing food;
- loosening of the tooth near the focus of bleeding;
Thus, what began almost asymptomatically, as a result, can lead to tooth loss. Therefore, it is important to notice the problem in time and start therapy using both traditional and medicinal products. However, before buying herbs and pills at the pharmacy kiosk, it is worthwhile to find out the reason why the gum near the tooth has become inflamed, and only then choose a treatment strategy. But only a dentist can diagnose.
Why do our gums suffer?
Any dental problem is rather difficult to diagnose, since the nature of the course of many diseases is almost identical.
The causes of gum inflammation around the teeth can be:
- poor oral hygiene, causing microbial plaque, hard deposits at the bases of the teeth;
- low-quality filling material;
- periodontitis, that is, inflammation of the tissue between the bone of the tooth and its bed. Characteristic signs of the disease are swelling of the gums, as well as cheeks and lips, severe toothache, possible fistula in the gums;
- gingivitis is an inflammatory process in the gum that does not affect the tooth. Manifested by deposits on the surface of the teeth, swelling of the gum tissue, a repulsive odor;
- Periodontitis is a process of slow tooth decay due to infection in the tissue near the bone. It can provoke itching in the gums, denudation of the tooth, inconvenience during meals.
Medicines for treating inflammation
What to do if the gum is inflamed near the tooth, and you want to postpone the visit to the dentist? The most effective way to relieve pain is to take a pill. Among the effective drugs can be identified:
- solutions for irrigation and rinsing (Maraslavin, Poliminerol)
- ointments and gels (Cholisal, Metrogil);
- anti-inflammatory toothpastes;
- antibiotics (Lincomycin, Sifloks, Tarivid).
The active ingredients of all drugs are aimed at inhibiting infection and reducing inflammation.
The eternal controversy of herbalists and pharmacists over the effectiveness of folk remedies somewhat reconciles the use of decoctions and infusions for the treatment of gum inflammation. In this case, herbs can really significantly reduce discomfort.
Herbal decoctions and infusion of chamomile
The classic way to reduce any inflammation in the mouth is to rinse your mouth with a decoction of oak bark 3-5 times a day.
- 2 tbsp. l bark pour 2 tbsp. cold water.
- We put on the stove and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Give brew, filter.
The same principle is used for rinsing solutions from:
- linden flowers;
- a mixture of mint, oregano and hypericum (herbs are taken in equal parts, and water - 4 times more);
- strawberry leaves.
Very useful 4-6 times a day to rinse your mouth with chamomile extract.
- 2 tbsp. l Pharmaceutical chamomile flowers pour 1 tbsp. boiling water.
- Cover with a lid and leave for 20-30 minutes.
Hydrogen Peroxide Remedies
Effective disinfecting solutions for rinsing can be prepared on the basis of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
Recipe number 1
- In ¼ Art. hot water add 3 tsp. peroxide.
- Give cool, irrigate the affected area 2-3 times within 10 minutes.
Recipe number 2
- ½ tsp baking soda;
- 5 drops of fresh lemon;
- 15 drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- On soda drip fresh.
- Add peroxide, mix.
This paste can brush your teeth 2-3 times a week for prevention. Treatment also requires daily use of funds for 3-4 weeks.
How to escape if the gum around the wisdom tooth is inflamed?
In terms of ease of care, wisdom teeth occupy an extremely disadvantageous position. That is why around them quite often deposits are formed, which lead to the inflammatory process in the gum. It can be treated by rinsing on the basis of chamomile or sage, as well as iodine solution (1 tbsp. Warm water, 1 tbsp. Soda, 2-3 drops of iodine).
In order not to treat inflammation or avoid its repetition, it is necessary:
- clean your teeth and tongue well;
- eat foods containing vitamin C;
- change toothbrushes every 3 months;
- eat hard vegetables;
- fill the shortage of minerals, in particular calcium, at the expense of products in the daily diet.
The main thing that everyone who has periodically inflamed gums needs to do is be sure to plan a trip to the dentist. But this visit cannot be postponed in any case if you feel that the tooth is starting to stagger.
When the gum around the tooth is inflamed, for some reason we are very lightly approaching the treatment. Meanwhile, even with the availability of effective effective means of therapy in the public domain, only a dentist can prescribe medications that are suitable for each case. And to enhance their action, you can rinse your mouth with herbal decoction or infusions.