Over the years, the muscles of the vertebral column, daily experiencing enormous loads, lose their tone and become weaker. This leads to osteochondrosis, the development of intervertebral hernia and protrusions, deformation of posture. You can prevent complications with the help of a set of exercises on a special simulator. But not everyone knows that you can do hyperextension at home, spending quite a bit of time.
To whom is hyperextension useful and contraindicated?
The complex of exercises hyperextension is useful not only for those who are fond of strength training. During classes, strengthen the muscles of the abdominals, back, gluteal muscles. Practicing hyperextension is indicated for people who have defects in posture, osteochondrosis, a predisposition to the formation of intervertebral hernia, as well as those who, because of their work, are forced to maintain a sedentary lifestyle.
Hyperextension, performed at home or on a special simulator, helps strengthen the muscles of the lower back, improve posture, and reduce the risk of injury to the spine and tendons. Training is the least traumatic type of physical activity. They are universal and suitable for:
- those who are just starting their acquaintance with sports;
- adolescents who are contraindicated vertical load on the back during the formation of the skeleton.
Despite the fact that during the practice of hyperextension injuries are minimized, it is contraindicated in pathologies, injuries of the lumbosacral spine and a pronounced pain syndrome of the lumbar spine.
What is hyperextension?
In the gymnasium for training use special equipment with the same name - simulator "Hyperextension". You lean on the support bar, and fix your feet with a special soft roller. In this case, the back and legs should form one solid straight line. Hands are always crossed on the chest - this reduces the load on the cervical spine. Then you slowly lean to the floor and lift the body back.
Doing hyperextension at home
To perform hyperextension in the home is easy. The simulator is easy to replace with a slight elevation. At the first stages you may need the help of a partner.
Exercise number 1
- Use as a support bed, stool, sofa edge. Lie down so that your hips rest on the surface, the body flexes downward, and the feet are securely fixed (a partner is useful for this).
- Straighten your back so that it forms one straight line with your legs. Hold this position for 2-4 seconds.
- Slowly bend down. Start with a small amount and bring the exercise to 3 sets of 10-15 times.
Exercise number 2
- Perform exercises on the gymnastic mat. Lie on your stomach, face down. Cross your arms over your chest. During the exercise, do not press your feet to the floor. As a stop, you can use a bed or a battery.
- While breathing in, slowly raise your head and upper body. Try to press your hips closer to the floor. Hold this position for 2-4 seconds.
- As you exhale, gently lower the upper part of the body and head to the initial position. For greater efficiency and tangible results, bring the number of exercises to 3 sets of 20 times.
Exercise number 3
- Use the gym ball. Fitball on hyperballs helps strengthen muscles and improve balance. At the first classes for fixing the body, you can use the wall, putting his feet into it. Next, try to keep your balance, straining your muscles.
- Take a starting position: lie down on the ball, straighten your shoulders, clasp your hands behind your head or press to your chest.
- Slowly inhale, lift the torso up as much as you can. Hold the case in this position for no more than 3 seconds.
- Exhale, take the starting position.
What is reverse hyperextension?
With reverse hyperextension, the technique of its implementation is such that the entire load falls on the legs. These exercises help to tone up the muscles of the hips and buttocks.
- Lie on a gymnastic mat facing the floor. Extend straight arms forward.
- While inhaling, lift your legs off the floor. They must be straight. Raise up as much as you can. Do not tear off the body and hands from the floor surface.
- Exhaling, slowly lower the legs down. It is recommended to do 3 sets of 20 times.
Hyperextension is a very effective type of exercise that increases the tone of the spinal muscles. Do not forget about proper breathing during training, do not use extra weight, if you have just become acquainted with this exercise. Exercise regularly - and excellent results will not keep you waiting, and your back will thank you in good condition.