Hydrogen peroxide solution is one of the popular drugs in the household. Apply it to disinfect cuts and scratches, cleaning cutting boards and kitchen utensils. And those who used hydrogen peroxide from nail fungus, the reviews leave only positive. How to apply this miracle cure?
Treatment of nail fungus with hydrogen peroxide
Nail fungus is a very contagious disease. Pick up the infection is quite easy in public places: on the beaches, in the shower, when using common towels. Inflammation begins in the skin and affects the nail plate. At first, you can observe a small white spot, which eventually damages the entire nail and becomes yellow-brown.
Treat this disease can be drugs or with the help of traditional medicine. When choosing the second method to effectively deal with nail fungus will help hydrogen peroxide. However, you must understand that this tool does not cure the infection, but only disinfects the affected areas and softens the nail plate, which will then be easy to remove.
Hydrogen peroxide make baths for the feet and hands, lotions, or simply spray the drug on the affected area. Consider each of the possible treatment options.
Hydrogen peroxide baths
- 4 tbsp. l 3% hydrogen peroxide;
- 2 liters of warm water.
Preparation and use:
- For the preparation of trays, first of all, it is necessary to choose the right container. The basin should be of such size that the water in it completely covers the affected nail.
- After the container is chosen, it is necessary to pour warm water into it, add hydrogen peroxide and mix well.
- Now soak the affected nail in the solution for at least half an hour.
- It is extremely important to repeat this procedure daily until the nail completely disappears or is sufficiently softened so that it can be removed without serious consequences.
Note: It is very important to use exactly 3% hydrogen peroxide, since a higher concentration may be unsafe and cause an inflammatory skin reaction.
Nail Polish with Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tbsp. baking soda;
- 1 l warm water;
- ½ tbsp. sea salt;
- ¼ Art. 3% hydrogen peroxide;
- ¼ Art. white vinegar.
Preparation and use:
- In a separate container, mix the following ingredients until completely dissolved: baking soda, water, sea salt.
- Now it is necessary to add hydrogen peroxide and vinegar to the resulting solution. Everything needs to be well mixed.
- Then from the cotton pad you need to cut off a piece that will maximally repeat the shape of the nail.
- Dip a portion of a cotton pad in the resulting solution and apply to the affected part of the nail.
- We fix the tampon with adhesive tape or cling film. After 10 hours, the bandage must be removed and the swab removed.
- Repeating such lotions relies daily for 30 days of treatment.
Bath with peroxide, vinegar and boric acid
- 1-2 tbsp. l salts of boric acid;
- ¼ Art. hydrogen peroxide;
- ¼ Art. apple cider vinegar;
- hot water.
Preparation and use:
- First, add the boric acid salt to the hot water and stir with a spoon until completely dissolved.
- Then add apple vinegar and hydrogen peroxide in equal proportions.
- Now we lower the legs or arms into the container with the solution and wait about 30-45 minutes.
- After the procedure, gently nail the nail with a towel and put on socks, tights, stockings or gloves.
- It is necessary to repeat such baths throughout a month, periodically making a break of 1 or 2 days.
These are the main folk recipes that are used to treat nail fungus. As for spraying, this method works much easier. It is enough to pour hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle and spray the product onto the affected areas of the nail and skin. Then leave it to dry completely and only after that wear socks or stockings. To carry out a similar procedure folk healers recommend at least 3-4 times a day throughout the day.
Is the treatment of the fungus of the neglected form of hydrogen peroxide effective?
The popular method of treating nail fungus with the usual solution of hydrogen peroxide will bear fruit only if the tool penetrates into the dense layers of the nail plate and bed. That is why it is extremely necessary to steam out the nails in the baths for at least 30-40 minutes over the whole month. Of course, such procedures will not give you a 100% guarantee, but in most cases they are quite effective even for a running form.
In extreme cases, if it is not possible to completely get rid of the fungus using hydrogen peroxide, the tool itself will significantly soften the nail so that it will be much easier and painless to remove it by medical means.
Discussions on various forums and websites on the Internet about the treatment of peroxide nail fungus do not cease for a minute. Some say that the remedy is simply miraculous and not only safely kills the infection, but also completely cures the nail from the fungus. Other users tried this method on themselves and did not see any results at best, and it happened that they did get burns and irritation on the skin. However, it is worth noting that most of the negative reviews are based on the fact that people did not always adhere to the instructions, used hydrogen peroxide undiluted and with a high percentage of active ingredients.
In this struggle, the victory is still gained by the adherents of such treatment. The following positive points in the treatment of nail fungus with a peroxide solution can be noted from a large number of comments and written reviews:
- Visible results can be seen already at 4-5 days of treatment;
- hydrogen peroxide perfectly disinfects the nail, relieves soft tissue swelling and soreness from touch;
- it is especially effective at the initial stage of the development of a fungal infection;
- in combination with medicinal ointments from the pharmacy, hydrogen peroxide shows the best results.
In conclusion, it remains to note only that each popular method of treating nail fungus is not for everyone. And even hydrogen peroxide is not able to work wonders, if the fungal nail damage has developed into a more advanced stage. Therefore, do not tighten with the treatment, use baths and lotions as soon as you see the first signs of inflammation. We wish good luck and patience in this time-consuming process!