Every day in everyday life, the shoulder is subjected to stress. Scoliosis and poor posture also adversely affect the muscles of this part of the body. At a certain point, a person may feel discomfort, and this becomes the first bell that pathological processes began in the body. What to do if a shoulder hurts when raising a hand up, and what treatment to carry out? How to prevent such a condition?
General information about the disease
Pain in the shoulder joint that a person feels is just a symptom. The pathology itself must be identified and treated.
If you suffer from frequent discomfort in this area, in the morning you barely turn your neck, lead a sedentary lifestyle and once you feel pain in your back, then it is more correct to speak about the exacerbation of a number of chronic problems. Particular attention should be paid to pain on one side only: this is characteristic of the onset of an inflammatory nidus. And if your left shoulder is worried, do not delay with a visit to a cardiologist. It is necessary to timely eliminate the approach of myocardial infarction or chronic heart disease.
- Chronic periutritis: treatment, exercise
- Burning in the chest: the main causes
- Sirdalud: indications, side effects, reviews
If you don’t know any back problems, but yesterday, for example, you used to do too much sports, and today you feel a pain in your shoulder when you raise your arm, then your condition is classified as acute. Then it is quite possible to manage peace and folk remedies.
Causes of disease
Shoulder pain may occur due to inflammatory processes in the joint itself or be the result of diseases of other organs or tissues (hernia of the thoracic spine, osteochondrosis, cardiovascular pathology). Common diseases of the shoulder joint include:
- old injuries that you may not even be aware of. For example, age ossification, which is accompanied by an increased load on the shoulders. When the tendon-ligamentous apparatus takes the brunt of itself, the joint becomes unstable, and salt begins to build up over time;
- inflammation of the muscles of the shoulder joint (myositis). Protective muscle response to pain - compression. By contracting, the muscle tightens the tendon, which limits the movement of the shoulder joint and leads to the overstressing of other tendons;
- doing an unusual kind of physical activity will not be felt immediately after it ends, but the next day. Such a condition is called squeezing (delayed muscle pain syndrome);
- inflammatory processes in the tendon-ligament apparatus of the joint: bursitis, capsulitis, periarthritis.
Treatment of pain in the shoulder when raising your arms up
Home therapeutic procedures are not always effective, but they can alleviate the condition.
- Sit comfortably in your chair, relax all your muscles, inhale deeply and slowly. If the pain has not increased, then most likely the problem is localized in the joint itself. Unilateral pain on the left can be a signal of exacerbation of heart problems. In this case, do not self-medicate.
- If the shoulder joint hurts when raising the arm, this indicates an inflammatory process in the joint itself. Try to get your sore arm up, slightly pressing on her elbow with a brush of a healthy hand, and then lower it. It is important to maintain a sore arm from below. If the discomfort has intensified and you feel relief when you are at rest, then you have damage to the rotational cuff. Help peace and rubbing.
- Puffiness around the shoulder joint indicates inflammation of the articular sac. The doctor will diagnose more accurately, and it is unlikely that you will be able to avoid taking medication.
- Try to tighten the muscles of the neck. An increase in shoulder pain indicates an inflammatory process in the trapezius muscle. Check: if you feel uncomfortable with her palpation, then the diagnosis is correct. Heat and rubbing will facilitate the state.
- Place your elbow on the table and move your shoulder forward and back. If you hear a crunch or movement difficult, then you can probably talk about "salt deposition" or subluxation of the joint. It needs a traumatologist and professional diagnostics.
X-ray examinations will show tendon strains, dislocations, or degenerative changes in the joint. If the device does not reveal pathologies, and the pain in the shoulder joint does not go away for a long time, then you should undergo magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Cooling and warming gel "Alezan", gels "Dip Relief" and "Diclofenac" perfectly helps with rubbing. Drink enough warm drinks to remove the decay products that form during the inflammatory process. You can take a warm bath - this will help relax your muscles. If the pain is severe, take 1 tablet of nimesulide or ibuprofen. Comprehensive treatment of muscle relaxants or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs without an appointment can not be. In addition, the treatment of pain in the shoulder joint, which does not pass within 2-3 days, should be dealt with by a doctor.
The recommendation to eat and play sports may seem trivial, but it is compliance with these principles that makes it less likely to get sick. You can change the diet right today, but to begin to exercise is allowed only after complete recovery. If the shoulder does not hurt when you raise your hands up, then treatment can be replaced by moderate physical activity. Very simple exercises will relax and strengthen the muscles.
- Raise your arms to one side. Pull your body in different directions, rotate with your hands, then raise and lower your arms, while continuing to twist your hands.
- Lift and lower the shoulders 10-15 times, avoiding sharp movements.
- Roll your shoulders back and forth.
Gymnastics should start with a few minutes of daily exercise.
Shoulder pain can occur in anyone, but the risk of developing pathologies is less in those people who regularly experience physical exertion. If the discomfort is prolonged or often repeated, then the doctor should deal with the diagnosis of the problem and the treatment. And when it hurts only the left shoulder, you need to urgently go to the hospital.