Junk stomach, insomnia torments, is lumpy in the throat, limbs are numb, worried about headaches. What could it be? Did all diseases attack at once? Which doctor should I go to? And what to treat? Perhaps you should examine the human spine. What is each vertebra responsible for? The answer to this question will help find the source of many health problems.
The body that is responsible for the entire body
Already in the Middle Ages, the doctors realized how important the spine performs. On this occasion, Hippocrates spoke eloquently: "If there are many diseases, then the problem is only one - the spine." It performs the function of the support of the human body, is the receptacle of the spinal cord, which provides the work of all vital organs. Therefore, if pathologies have formed in any part of the spinal column, this will lead to the development of chronic diseases of internal organs.
Each organ is connected to the spinal cord by nerve fibers. Thanks to this device, it functions normally. If osteochondrosis develops, torticollis, the vertebrae are displaced, then the adjusted system will fail, which will cause various symptoms - from headaches to painful sensations in the heart and stomach. And how many pills, pricks or use, the result will be zero, the state will not improve.
How does the vertebral trunk?
The anatomy of the spine is different complex, but very thoughtful device. It is ideally suited for upright walking, providing motor functions. But support and movement are not enough. It is also a channel for transmitting nerve impulses. It has 5 departments:
- cervical. Consists of 7 vertebrae, which are usually denoted as: C1-C7. These vertebrae are not too strong;
- chest. Includes 12 vertebrae (from D1 to D12);
- lumbar. The number of vertebrae is 5. Their abbreviations are L1-L5;
- sacral - 5 accrete bones.
- coccygeal (rudimentary).
Although the spine is called the "pillar", it is rather arbitrary, since nature provides 4 physiological bends. The cervical and lumbar protrude forward, the thoracic one goes backwards, and the sacral one has a wavy configuration. Bends, of course, are formed gradually. The baby learns new movements (learning to hold his head, sit, walk), and this contributes to the formation of a specific configuration of the spine.
Medical navigation: human spine - photo with description, for which each vertebra is responsible
The conclusion about the close relationship of the spine with human organs and systems can be made if we consider each vertebra separately. So, the work of which organs depends on the vertebrae of the cervical region and what kind of health problems can they prevent? The answer is:-
- C1 - this vertebra has its own name - Atlas. His shift threatens to fail AD: if he moved to the left, the pressure can be increased, to the right - reduced. All of this sometimes leads to migraines, sleep disorders and IRR;
- C2 - he is entrusted by nature with responsibility for the visual and auditory nerves, temporal bones and organs of vision. Thus, problems with this vertebra result in fainting, hearing impairment, stuttering, and other speech disorders;
- C3 - his "patrimony" - teeth, cheeks, facial nerves, ears. It can provoke neuralgia, sore throats, laryngitis and acne;
- C4 - “serves” the mouth, the Eustachian tube, the neck area. Signals about thyroid abnormalities, problems with hearing, adenoids;
- C5 - is associated with the throat - respectively, its displacement can cause tonsillitis and sore throat;
- C6 - pathology in the gastrointestinal tract: gastritis, ulcer;
- C7 - limitation of mobility of the shoulder girdle, hypothyroidism.
Now let's deal with the thoracic vertebrae. This is, without exaggeration, one of the most important parts of which the human spine is made. What is each vertebra responsible for? They interact with the lungs, heart, kidneys, stomach, upper limbs, liver, adrenal glands, bronchi and skin. Thus, if abnormalities in the structure of the spinal column appear at this level, one can expect such health troubles:
- D1 - asthma attacks, pain in the palms and hands;
- D2 - failure of heart rhythm, ischemia, pain in the sternum;
- D3 - bronchitis, pleurisy, pneumonia, asthma;
- D4 - cholelithiasis, jaundice, impaired fat metabolism;
- D5 - liver, blood clotting;
- D6 - pathologies of the digestive system - gastritis and ulcers;
- D7 - diabetes, hearing and digestive disorders, ulcers;
- D8 - there may be malfunctions in the functioning of the spleen, diaphragm. A person is often tormented by hiccups;
- D9 is a projection of the adrenal glands, so there may be allergies and a malfunction of the immune system;
- D10 - directly affects the kidneys, can cause a deterioration in general well-being;
- D11 - problems with this vertebra can cause urinary disorders and kidney disease;
- D12 - is responsible for the reproductive sphere (genitals), can have a negative impact on the digestive processes.
The lumbar vertebrae have a direct connection with the intestines, urinary tract, hip joints, appendix, genitals. If a deformation has occurred in this part, then it may be felt:
- L1 - abnormal stool (constipation or diarrhea), hernia, colitis;
- L2 - intestinal colic, inflammation of the appendix, pain of unclear origin in the groin and thighs;
- L3 - bladder problems, decreased potency, pain in the knees;
- L4 - pain in the legs and feet, lumbago, sciatica, urination disorder;
- L5 - puffiness, flat feet, pain in the ankle.
If the sacrum is injured and this has led to disturbances in its structure, then remember that it can provoke hemorrhoids, pain while sitting and even incontinence of feces.
And problems with the coccyx can transform into constipation and dysfunction of the pelvic organs.
Now that you know exactly what a human spine is and what it consists of (structure, disc numbering), before “sinning” on the kidneys, heart or other organs, get tested hard and swallow pills, make an x-ray of the spine. The root of the problem may be just in violations of the spinal trunk. You may need the help of a manual therapist or osteopath.