Alcoholism and drunkenness are quite common in our time. Low standard of living and culture, problems in the family and society - all this gradually accumulates. Someone takes all the quietly, and someone begins to abuse alcohol. Drunk is a continuous, lasting several days drinking alcoholic beverages.
Long binge can last for several months. The longer it lasts, the worse the condition of the patient will be and the harder it will be to get him out of this state. Doctors recommend in such cases to immediately contact a specialist, but some still try to withdraw from the binge at home.
How to get a person out of a binge: rules
The main condition, without which all attempts to remove a person from binge drinking are reduced to zero, this is the desire of the patient himself. With prolonged hard drinking, a sharp rejection of alcohol can cause great harm to a person (the patient may fall into a coma, get a heart attack or stroke, as well as delirium tremens). Therefore, the refusal of alcohol should occur gradually.
Also, with an alcoholic, someone must be constantly in control, and morally supporting him. Your help may be as follows:
- Do not annoy drunk, let him sober up. The fact is that a person in alcohol intoxication is not responsible for his actions. Most often, after sobering up, he cannot even remember what he had done;
- Release the patient from physical exertion, because they are contraindicated in alcohol intoxication;
- Remove from the binge gradually: dilute a small dose of alcohol in the water and let the patient drink;
- At an exit from a hard drinking the contrast shower and a bed mode is useful. In no case can not take a hot bath, go to the bath and sauna. From such heat loads the heart can not stand;
- To remove toxic substances from the body, use absorbents (activated carbon is best). Give the patient activated carbon, at the rate of 1 tablet per 10 kg of weight;
- To bring a person to life and get rid of a hangover, dilute in 1 tbsp. water 1 tsp. ammonia and give a drink;
- Be sure to support the heart with such drugs as: valokordin, Corvalol, valerian or motherwort;
- Be sure to take an aspirin tablet 2 times a day. It breaks down ethanol;
- Taking pickles from pickled cucumbers or sauerkraut, as well as apple juice or water with lemon juice will quickly cope with intoxication of the body and lead the patient to feelings;
- Non-caffeine-containing fluids will help remove the decay products of alcohol: juice, mineral water, juice without gas, decoction of herbs, etc. Fluids must be taken as often as possible and in small portions. Give the patient to drink after each urination. A day is recommended to drink at least 4 liters of fluid;
- To restore the functions of the body when leaving a long bout, be sure to follow a diet. It is necessary to consume more liquid foods, for example, low-fat broth, cabbage soup, porridge, mashed potatoes. In no case do not eat solid food, at least until you begin to feel hunger.
If you did everything you could, but nothing helped, go to a good clinic. Knowledgeable experts will definitely help to bring your loved one out of the binge. A narcologist will make an alcoholic a drip of drugs that remove the negative results of the situation.
There is no universal recipe for removing from binge, as well as a cure from it. The specialist must make a decision on the type of medicine, its dose, time of treatment. The nature of alcoholism, its duration, the age of the patient is taken into account.
Tested folk remedies for binge drinking
- Alternative ways of removing from binge are folk recipes. There are not enough. For example, aversion to alcohol causes an infusion of thyme. To prepare it, take 3 tbsp. herbs and 1 tbsp. boiling water. Insist the mixture in a thermos for about an hour, then filter and add regular water to 1 tablespoon. Drink a drink is necessary for 4 weeks 2 times a day.
- The simplest folk remedy to improve the condition of the patient is tea with lemon. The acid contained in lemon removes the decay products of alcohol. Milk with the addition of honey is a powerful toxin-withdrawing agent. When the patient's condition improves a little, give him a raw egg to drink.
- It will help alleviate the condition of the patient a glass of tea with 2 tsp. brandy and lemon. Some note the beneficial effects of mustard plasters, which are placed on the back of the head. They have a distracting effect from headaches.
- A good remedy is herbal decoction: pour 1 tbsp. collecting the roots of calamus, angelica, juniper fruits, mint, wormwood, yarrow and St. John's wort 1 tbsp. boiling water. Let the broth stand for about an hour, then strain. It is recommended to drink up to 3 liters of infusion per day, it cleans the body well, normalizes the digestive tract and removes toxins.
- Pour half of the 3-liter saucepan with oats, cover with water and put on the fire. Simmer for about half an hour, then strain. While the decoction has not cooled, add 100 g of calendula flowers, pour into a thermos and let it brew for 12 hours. Take the decoction before eating 1 tbsp.
To achieve better results, it is recommended to combine several recipes.
How to move away from binge: tips
The ideal way out of binge is hospitalization. Here the patient will be under the supervision of doctors for 24 hours, so the possibility to continue drinking is excluded. In addition, the patient will be assigned to various procedures. After the doctors decide that the patient's condition has returned to normal, they will send him home and prescribe a further course of treatment.
True, modern clinics do not hold alcoholics by force. If the patient does not want to be treated, you will not be able to place him in the hospital.
Alcoholic beverages are not recommended as a cure for binge drinking or hangovers. Alcohol, especially beer, has a strong diuretic effect. Together with the liquid, a person loses sodium and potassium ions, which leads to headaches and aches throughout the body. Therefore, after a binge it is necessary to restore the water-electrolyte balance of the dehydrated organism, giving the patient plenty of drink.
Booze - the highest degree of alcoholism. In this case, a person can drink for several weeks and even months without sobering. The patient does not drink in order to get pleasure, but to avoid a negative reaction of the body with a lack of alcohol. If you see a problem and want to help your loved one, you will succeed. Try to verbally convince him of the necessary treatment, apply psychological effects, combine all sorts of ways to get rid of binge with medical preparations and folk remedies. Do not despair and do not throw your goal halfway, be convincing and firm in your intentions to give your loved one health, and family and children - peace and spiritual harmony.