In order to begin the practical application of aromatherapy, you need to follow the basic rules of safety. Aromatherapy requires a careful, careful approach, the study of individual indications and contraindications of the body.
Each fragrance affects each person differently. It is recommended to keep a diary of their observations in the process of employment, proportions, compatibility of flavors, their effects on the body. Here are the basic rules to follow in aromatherapy.
- It is not allowed to apply oil on the skin and mucous membranes (with the exception of tea tree oil) undiluted. It is imperative to dilute essential oils with base oils (vegetable oils with a high degree of purification from fruits and seeds).
- It is impossible when using oil to exceed permissible dosages. It is necessary to start using oils with minimal doses, taking into account the individual susceptibility of the body.
- You must ensure that there is no allergy to the used oil. To check this, it is necessary to put a drop of oil on the elbow bend and trace the appearance of allergic reactions on the skin. On a handkerchief drop a drop of oil and periodically bring it to the nose. If you have runny nose, tearing, sneezing, then these are signs of allergies.
- The first 2-3 aromatic baths in time should not last more than 5 minutes. The first 2 sessions with the use of oil burners - no more than 20 minutes. If you feel great after a bath, you can gradually increase the time.
- During pregnancy, essential oils can be used in limited quantities and strictly under the supervision of a physician. During this period, their concentration must be reduced by 2 times from normal.
- For heart diseases, asthma and asthmatic conditions, the use of oils is permissible only after consulting a doctor.
- The use of essential oils inside is recommended only after consulting a doctor.
- The duration of the course of aromatherapy should not exceed 3 weeks. After that, do a week break.
- Do not immediately add an unknown oil in a jar of cream or a bottle of shampoo.
See also:Smells from which the world has gone mad. 5 iconic scents of the last century-
Carefully approach these issues, they form the basis of all further aromatherapy use.