Thrush is one of the most common diseases that can occur on the surface of any mucous membrane. The disease is characteristic of persons of any gender, adults and children. Much attention is paid to the treatment of thrush in the fair sex and unfairly little - the treatment of this disease in men.
Causes and most common signs of thrush in men
The causative agent of thrush are yeast-like fungi Candida, and this Latin name explains the medical name of the disease - candidiasis. These fungi are part of the microflora of the mouth, vagina and colon. And in the occurrence of the disease plays not the role of their presence, and the uncontrolled reproduction and increase in the total number. In line with this, there are predisposing factors that will contribute to the development of the disease.
- In the first place - a decrease in immune protection, antibiotics, resulting in a failure in the microbial equilibrium of the flora. Quite often, candidiasis is diagnosed in patients with diabetes mellitus or in the period of exacerbation of diseases. Stress can also trigger the development of the disease.
- In accordance with this, thrush does not belong to the class of sexually transmitted diseases, therefore, is not sexually transmitted. But during the illness, it is recommended to abstain from sexual intercourse. And if a man will only be diagnosed with candidiasis, the woman may not participate in the treatment.
- Signs of thrush in men are obvious. When the disease affects the glans penis and the foreskin - these are the main "targets". On their surface you can see a white, white-gray, cheesy patina with a characteristic sour smell. In addition to cheesy plaque, men may be disturbed by itching and burning. The foreskin and head are hyperemic (reddened). In some cases, the formation of unpleasant and even pain during erection and sex, less often during urination.
How to treat thrush at home in men?
Treatment of thrush can be done in several ways: local treatment involves the use of creams, ointments; general - internal administration of antifungal drugs. But in any case, what method of treatment would not be chosen, it is necessary to follow general rules that will concern personal hygiene and even nutrition.
Personal hygiene rules imply daily showering, ideally at least 2 times a day - in the morning and in the evening. Underwear should be changed daily. It is recommended to abstain from sexual intercourse for the entire period of the disease, especially since they will not bring much pleasure.
It is proved that in some cases, nutrition can also be a provoking factor in the development of the disease. For these reasons, it is recommended to remove from the diet all easily digestible carbohydrates - sweets, pastries, and you should also refrain from alcohol, pickles, smoked meats, salted. The menu should be dominated by vegetables - carrots, cabbage, fermented milk products.
In the treatment of thrush, especially the prevention of its recurrence, it is impossible to ignore the work of the intestine and the composition of its normal microflora. If you do not normalize its composition, in other words, do not stop the intestinal dysbiosis, then the positive results of treatment can not be called durable - soon there will be a relapse.
In the treatment of candidal balanoposthitis, it is quite possible to do with local treatment - the use of creams, solutions and ointments. Their choice is quite wide, in any pharmacy is not difficult to purchase the drug. Among the huge selection of remedies for candidiasis, it is best to give your preference checked.
- Among these drugs, the most popular is "Pimafucin" in the form of ointment. Its popularity and effectiveness is due to natamycin, a substance effective against fungi. The main positive quality is reduced to the destruction of fungi from the inside and hypoallergenic.
- No less popular drug is "clotrimazole" with its positive and negative qualities. The drug is also directional, it is due to the specific dosage. At low doses, it simply slows down the growth of fungi, while at high doses, it completely destroys. These properties due to the widespread use of "clotrimazole" in the treatment of both acute and chronic forms of candidiasis. In addition, its distinctive ability is a short course of use - only 1 week.
- Candide is a veteran of anti-fungal drugs. Indications for its use are all fungal infections, including those that occur with skin lesions. In addition to the antifungal effect, the drug relieves itching, has an anti-inflammatory effect and reduces the amount of secretions. The use of "Candida" allows you to treat thrush in a comprehensive and effective manner, but at the same time requires strict compliance with the regulations, otherwise an allergic reaction can form.
- "Epigen-intim" is a universal medicinal product produced in the form of a spray. The spray itself has anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antipruritic action and stimulates the work of local immunity.
- The most popular drug for internal use is "Diflucan". To relieve the symptoms of thrush, it is enough to take only 1 capsule that contains 150 mg of the active substance, flucanazole, which is able to suppress the growth of fungi.
Treatment for thrush in men should be administered only on the basis of laboratory tests and confirmation of the clinical diagnosis. Based solely on the basis of symptoms and signs, it is impossible to establish a diagnosis - candidiasis! Moreover, quite often against the background of candidiasis, sexually transmitted infections that are hidden before this begin to appear. When self-buying drugs need to remember that, despite the fact that all funds are directed to the treatment of thrush, they will have various side effects and a number of contraindications. Any material you read on this issue will not replace the consultation of a specialist!