Many health problems are associated with the state of the spine. It is believed that a person remains young as long as he has a flexible "pillar of life". But today, even boys and girls are often diagnosed with lumbosacral spondyloarthrosis. What are the symptoms of this disease and how can it be cured?
The axis of the body: when the spine hurts?
From the point of view of Chinese medicine, the spinal column is the most important energy channel of the body. From this we can conclude: the better it works, the better the health. Unfortunately, approximately 80% of the adult population suffers from ODA problems, and about 40% of them suffer from lumbosacral spondylosis.
This is a very serious affliction. In men, it is more common. At the same time, the risk to acquire pathology increases with age (after 30-40 years). The disease consists in the fact that practically all the articular elements of the spine are affected: muscles, ligaments, cartilage. This causes severe pain in the back area and is accompanied by limited mobility. Bone tissue grows in the lumbar region, and bone protrusions form along the edges of the vertebrae. This leads to deformity of the spinal trunk. Mostly, 4 and 5 vertebrae are affected.
The disease can be cured only if it is not started, if the patient has visited the doctor in time. Otherwise, deforming spondylosis will progress, there will be lameness, and then the person will be completely immobilized. Sometimes even the operation is not able to save the situation.
Types of lumbar spondylosis
Spondyloarthrosis of the lumbosacral spine is classified as follows:
- degenerative type. Its features include flattening of vertebral cartilage, loss of tissue elasticity;
- deforming. The dimensions and configuration of the vertebrae change, bone growths grow (spines), cartilage shifts. The process is irreversible, full recovery is impossible;
- ankyloride Severe disease. The spine is strongly deformed, almost completely loses its elasticity. This form is often diagnosed at a young age;
- polysegmental. Elements of the spine, located in different places, are involved in the pathological process. The treatment will be long and difficult.
The disease has 4 stages. They are characterized by a gradual deterioration in well-being. If at the first stage the case is limited to loss of ligament flexibility and decreased mobility, then bone growths are formed, which squeeze blood vessels and nerves, ligaments undergo irreversible dystrophic changes.
What does the patient feel?
Many people have a backache from time to time. How to distinguish the usual malaise from a dangerous disease? The main symptom that indicates deforming spondyloarthrosis of the lumbosacral spine is severe back pain. It is enhanced by attempts to bend, turn, or perform other body movements. In addition, the following symptoms are noted:
- pain radiating to the buttocks and legs;
- there are nagging pains in the area of the ribs;
- after a person has been at rest for a long time (he slept, sat), he has a stiffness of movement;
- pain is localized at a certain point.
If at least one of these symptoms appears, then don't risk it - go to the doctor!
How is spondyloarthrosis diagnosed?
If after a conversation with the patient and examination, the doctor finds signs of spondyloarthrosis, then he will definitely order a special examination:-
- radioisotope scanning of the spinal column;
- magnetic resonance or computed tomography.
These methods will help not only to identify pathological changes in the structure of the spine, but also to determine the degree of damage - the mobility of the vertebrae and the nature of their damage.
Basic principles of drug treatment
How to treat spondyloarthrosis of the lumbosacral spine depends on how far the disease has gone. But therapy always begins with the relief of pain. For this, topically used anesthetics - Diclofenac or Ketonal. Must be appointed by the NSAIDs.
Injection of steroid hormones into the damaged joint effectively helps to reduce the pain caused by spondyloarthrosis of the lumbosacral spine. The treatment (injections of anti-inflammatory drugs) is also aimed at removing the swelling and stopping the inflammatory process. Chondroprotectors are used to restore articular tissue. If a compression spasm is found in a patient, then muscle relaxants are added.
Such medical methods are also widely used:
- physiotherapy - UHF, magnetic therapy;
- therapeutic gymnastics (one of the most effective ways);
- manual therapy;
- stretching the spine (it allows you to eliminate the compression of the vertebrae and restore their proper anatomy).
Surgical treatment of spondyloarthrosis of the lumbosacral spine is an extreme measure. They resort to it when the medications have not helped to improve the patient’s condition, and the patient continues to suffer from unbearable pain. The surgeon removes osteophytes that have squeezed the nerve endings.
What can help folk remedies?
Before you give up the help of doctors and engage in "people's amateur", think about the fact that not all diseases are amenable to herbs and tinctures. With the help of alternative means it is impossible to eliminate the main cause of spondylarthrosis. But to reduce pain and inflammation is quite possible. To do this, for a long time and successfully use these recipes:
- chestnut-based ointment. For its preparation should take 8 chestnuts, pour them 200 ml of sunflower oil. The composition is kept in a water bath for 1 hour, then insist at least 4 hours;
- infusion of white mistletoe. Take 1 tsp. such herbs, pour 1 tbsp. boiling water. Insist 8 hours, strain. Rub into the affected areas of the back;
- An infusion of fresh leaves of an agave houseplant. They should be filled with an alcohol solution (to prepare it, it is enough to mix 100 ml of water and the same amount of 70% alcohol). Infuse the composition of 7 days. After straining, pour into a bottle of dark glass. To accept inside on 20 drops 3 times a day, diluting with water.
Diet for a sick spine
The patient should reconsider their diet and include foods rich in vitamins and minerals. Anyone suffering from this condition must do the following:
- eat 5 to 6 times a day in small portions;
- exclude from the menu products with preservatives;
- refuse salt, coffee and carbonated drinks;
- limit the consumption of sugar and sweets;
- increase the consumption of products in which there is collagen, chondroitin and glucosamine (fish, meat, hard cheeses, cabbage).
To avoid such an insidious malady, like spondylosis, you can, if you keep the weight in the normal range, not to burden yourself with heavy physical labor and “on the verge of possible” workouts, follow the posture and not test the strength of the spine with extreme entertainment. Well, if you still have discomfort or pain in any part of the spine, then do not expect new symptoms. Hurry up to the doctor! If treatment is required - agree. Remember that the spine is the "key" to your body. If he is okay, you are active, healthy and happy.