Various viruses and bacteria can trigger the development of inflammatory processes in the paranasal sinuses. In medical practice, this pathology is called sinusitis. Anyone who has encountered such a disease is interested in how to treat sinusitis at home quickly. This will be discussed today.
Sinusitis at gunpoint: features of the treatment of disease
The occurrence of inflammatory processes in the nasal appendages causes many discomfort and pain. When such pathology occurs, often accompanied by the accumulation of pus in the sinuses, we try to heal the disease as soon as possible.
If you want to quickly cure sinusitis at home, you need to know some aspects:
- The treatment course should be appointed by a specialist, depending on the form of the pathology.
- For treatment can be used medication, including antibiotic drugs, nasal drops, vasoconstrictor drugs, inhalation, warming.
- In some cases, if there are special indications, treatment can be carried out by puncture of the sinuses or surgical intervention.
- Treatment of sinusitis should be complex and include oral administration of pharmacological agents, as well as therapeutic manipulations with a certain localization.
On an outpatient basis, sinusitis can be cured if it develops in one of the following forms:
There are also allergic and traumatic forms of this disease. In the latter case, specialist supervision and, possibly, microsurgical intervention are required. As for the sinusitis, which has a fungal nature, taking antibiotic drugs can only aggravate the pathology. In this case, all the power you need to throw on strengthening the immune system. In addition, the attending specialist should diagnose the acute or chronic form of the development of sinusitis. The choice of treatment course depends on it.
Disease treatment at home is of a therapeutic nature and is aimed at achieving the following goals:
- suppression of inflammation;
- the elimination of bacterial or fungal microorganisms;
- purification of the nasal sinuses and appendages from mucous and purulent accumulations;
- restoration of mucous coating.
We treat sinusitis correctly
As already mentioned, the treatment of such an insidious disease, which delivers discomfort and constant discomfort, depends solely on the form of pathology and the presence of complications. If the patient is diagnosed with a mild form of sinusitis, the treatment can be carried out at home.
The treatment course must be comprehensive and effective. Let's first understand how to treat sinusitis drugs. Drug treatment includes the use of nasal drops, antiseptics, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic drugs. Most often, treating specialists prescribe the use of such pharmaceuticals:
Some of the above drugs have anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effects, but antihistamines, such as Loratadine, are needed to eliminate the resulting swelling and irritation of the mucous membrane of the nasal passages.
Particular attention should be paid to antiseptics. The attending specialist may prescribe washing procedures. For this purpose, one of the following pharmaceuticals is prescribed:
- "Dioxidine Solution";
To restore normal breathing and eliminate congestion of the nasal passages, as a rule, nasal drops are used in the treatment of sinusitis, which have a vasoconstrictor effect. These pharmacological drugs should include:
- Sinupret and others
Healing specialists still prefer the drops, created on the basis of essential oil extracts. In addition to facilitating breathing, these funds perfectly moisturize the mucous coating.
When are antibiotics needed?
Often, for the treatment of sinusitis may need antibiotic drugs, but always. For example, in the development of antritis, which has a fungal nature, antibiotics are not prescribed, since this is fraught with the development of complicated consequences, and primarily for the immune system. But in other cases, to combat viruses or other infectious agents, the doctor may prescribe the use of such drugs.
As medical practice shows, the range of such drugs in the domestic market is quite wide, and the following groups of antibiotic pharmaceuticals are used to treat sinusitis:
- penicillin group - Amoxiclav, Panklav or Augmentin;
- group of cephalosporins - "Cefixime", "Panzef", etc .;
- macrolide group - "Azithromycin" or "Clarithromycin";
- local antibiotics - Framycetin, Bioparox, etc.
How to properly and harmlessly treat antritis with antibiotics, only a doctor will tell you. Without his appointment to take such pharmacological agents is not recommended. It is important to correctly calculate the duration of admission and the daily dosage.
Look in the green first-aid kit
Many of us prefer to choose traditional medicine for the treatment of sinusitis. Undoubtedly, some of them have a stunning effect, but one should not forget that any treatment with herbal remedies will be more effective when combined with pharmacological preparations, as well as under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
The most common method of treatment for this disease are ordinary chicken eggs. Using boiled hot eggs, you need to do the heating. Be sure to note that exposure to elevated temperatures is strictly contraindicated in the presence of purulent accumulations in the maxillary sinuses. Let's look at some popular recipes.
Recipe number 1
Sea salt and the usual garlic cloves can save from antritis. Only here you need to use these components correctly.
- sea salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- 1 garlic clove.
Preparation and use:
- In a frying pan we heat sea salt.
- We shift the hot salt in a bowl and add garlic clove crushed under the press.
- We spread the hot mixture onto a linen cloth cut, fold it and apply a compress to the sinuses.
- Hold until complete cooling of the mixture.
- We carry out this manipulation every day before going to bed at night until complete recovery.
Recipe number 2
Everyone knows that bee products are also actively used for the preparation of traditional medicine. The most popular product is propolis.
- vegetable refined oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- ½ tsp pig fat;
- crushed propolis - a piece of no larger than 1 cu. cm.
Preparation and use:
- Put all the ingredients in a glass bowl, mix well.
- Within one minute, boil the mixture at minimum heat.
- Strain the prepared drops, cool.
- Three times a day, dripping into each nostril about 5 droplets.
Recipe number 3
From onions can not only cry. This tearful vegetable helps to cope with sinusitis. Many patients leave positive feedback about this tool. We use the prepared mixture exclusively for plugging the nostrils.
- freshly squeezed onion juice - 2 tbsp. l .;
- 25 grams of grated clean laundry soap;
- liquid glycerin - 75 ml.
Preparation and use:
- All components are laid out in a bowl and mix well.
- The mixture should acquire a uniform consistency.
- We take a gauze cut and twist it into a small tampon. In size it should fit well in the nostril.
- We moisten a gauze cut in the prepared mixture, and then insert a tampon into the nasal passage.
- Manipulation is performed three times a day for no more than 10 days in a row.
Sinusitis is a very dangerous disease whose treatment should not be allowed to take its course. Do not forget that self-treatment is not welcomed by doctors, because improper use of drugs or traditional medicine can lead to the development of complicated consequences. Before treating sinusitis at home, enlist the help of a doctor and get his approval for the use of certain drugs. Be healthy!