Cystitis is considered one of the most common urological diseases in women. Approximately 30-50% of patients suffer from inflammation of the bladder of one form or another. The pathological process is distinguished by type: the cause of occurrence, the nature of the manifestations, the course. For example, primary cystitis is more often an inflammation of an infectious or non-infectious nature that has arisen in a healthy body, while the secondary one is a complication of the bladder pathology.
In the first case, the acute form of the disorder is usually diagnosed, the secondary manifestation often develops into a chronic one. Various methods of treating cystitis in women are used, including folk remedies. However, do not forget that self-medication can turn against you, as well as the rejection of therapy. It is important not only to solve the problem, but also to approach it correctly. We will devote this material to the treatment of acute and chronic cystitis in women with folk remedies.
What provokes and how does the disorder manifest?
Cystitis does not apply exclusively to female disorders. Inflammation of the bladder can be observed in men as well as children. But it is women who are more often prone to this disease (due to the anatomical features of the structure of the organ). Although the bladder mucosa is sufficiently resistant to infections, pathogens that have entered the body under the influence of various factors can provoke an inflammatory process. Among the pathogens:
- genital infections;
- conditional pathogens.
Among the most common provoking factors are:
- neglect of personal hygiene;
- lack of sexual culture;
- weakening of the immune barrier;
- antibiotic effects;
- the postoperative, posttherapeutic periods;
- residual genital infections;
- sedentary work;
- hereditary pathologies;
- persistent problems with defecation;
- abuse of spicy, salty, sour, smoked food, alcohol;
- artificial restraint of urination;
- organ injury;
- consequence of instrumental examination of an organ;
- the presence of chronic pathologies in the body;
- tight clothing.
The first signs of inflammation are painful sensations in the lower abdomen, which only increase as the urinary volume fills. There are continuous urge to urinate, although the diuresis may be insignificant or absent altogether. Urination painful, with cutting and burning. Blood may be present in the urine.
Severe illness may be accompanied by nausea and vomiting, and the discharge becomes cloudy. If cystitis is accompanied by an increase in temperature, you need to immediately see a specialist to eliminate the possibility of kidney damage.
Since women are more susceptible to this disease, many already know what to do in the event of symptoms. Including which folk remedies to use in the treatment and prevention of cystitis. So what?
Folk remedies for cystitis in women
It should be understood that, using folk remedies for cystitis, recovery may take longer than during the period of traditional therapy. Although many home remedies perfectly relieve inflammation and fight against the pathogenic environment, the concentration of medicinal substances in them is an order of magnitude lower than that of synthetic drugs.
Again, the effectiveness of treatment increases, if you know the true nature of the pathology, follow the course of treatment and a certain regimen. For example, it is worth reviewing the diet, excluding from it spices and spices, alcohol and coffee. Enhanced drinking helps to better flush the urinary tract: table water without gas, vegetable, berry juices (especially with diuretic properties). The daily menu should be more plant food.
There are many homemade recipes against cystitis. Of course, we will not be able to cover the entire handbook of traditional medicine on the treatment of cystitis, but some recipes should be highlighted.
- Broth horsetail. On a liter of water is 2 tbsp. l grass Bring to a boil and boil for another 10 minutes. Strain it, but do not discard the slurry. The decoction is taken three times a day, 1 st., And the boiled grass is applied to the lower abdomen in the form of a compress. The duration of therapy is 30 days.
Horsetail can be added to herbal tea with chamomile flowers. The proportions of tea are 1: 1 grass per liter of boiling water. Reception is similar.
- Infusion celandine. 200 g of fresh grass or sukhozbor as much as possible grind, the mass is placed in a rag bag. We lower the bag into a glass container, add a liter of boiling water, close the lid, insist 3 hours, periodically stirring the contents. Use in equal doses at regular intervals throughout the day. Spend 5 days in a row. Warning: contraindicated during gestation.
- Broth flaxseed. For half a liter of water you need to take 3 tbsp. l seeds. Boil, insist 10 minutes. Strain, cool to a comfortable temperature for reception, sweeten with honey and drink completely within an hour. After 5 hours - repeat.
- Freshly made cranberry juice, homemade fruit drinks, cranberry extract from the pharmacy. Such a drink perfectly helps with the initial stage of the disease. A daily intake of at least 100 g of the product is an excellent prevention of cystitis.
- Parsley curly. A spoon of chopped fresh herbs, a few twigs of celandine, a few calendula flowers in 1 tbsp. water. Boil for 10 minutes. Drink 70-100 ml three times a day before meals. It is recommended to complete the course in 2-3 months.
Or this recipe: a spoon of chopped parsley for 1 tbsp. cold water is infused overnight. Need to drink during the day.
Seeds are also applicable: in pure form, no more than a pinch several times a day; infusion of crushed seed (1 tsp. per 400 ml of water, infuse overnight).
- Chamomile drug. Universal healer, on the basis of which you can prepare various folk remedies that help in the treatment of chronic and acute cystitis.
A warm bath with a decoction of chamomile for half an hour, after which the waist and lower abdomen should be wrapped up, put a heating pad.
Regular hygiene procedures (flushing, douching) with chamomile decoction (2 tbsp per liter of water).
1/3 Art. Chamomile infusion to drink three times a day, squeezed food.
Do not wait until the inflammation subsides by itself (symptoms may decrease and disappear within a week). Missed cystitis can provoke glad other more serious pathologies. Both acute and chronic cystitis can cause pyelonephritis (inflammation of the kidneys), some female pathologies. Do not bring cystitis to chronic, otherwise any changes in your body, even pregnancy, can provoke an exacerbation.