Diseases of the cardiovascular system today are among the most common and dangerous. To save lives, it is important to treat any problems in this area in time, and it is best to prevent their development by taking preventive actions. In either case, doctors often prescribe cardiomagnyl, and some patients prescribe it for themselves, although this is not recommended. The question always arises: how long to take cardio and how to do it?
The purpose of the drug
To begin with, it is necessary to understand why cardiogram is intended, which is becoming increasingly popular among people who care about their health. The drug is considered a non-hormonal non-narcotic anti-inflammatory agent that consists of magnesium hydroxide and aspirin. It is prescribed as a treatment and prevention for various diseases of the blood vessels and the heart. The spectrum of action of the drug is wide, but especially it is worth paying attention to people with the following diseases and conditions:
- stroke, heart attack on the background of thrombosis;
- atherosclerosis, thrombosis of vessels of the neck, heart, legs;
- predisposition to heart diseases of hereditary nature;
- elevated cholesterol;
Doctors often prescribe cardiomagnyl after myocardial infarction, ischemic heart disease, thrombosis, embolism, migraine, ischemic stroke, unstable angina, poor blood supply to the brain, and as a warning for thrombus formation after coronary artery bypass surgery, coronary angioplasty. The drug can be prescribed if the patient has complaints of the heart, but there are no violations in his work, which is also prevention. This is especially important if a person belongs to a group of people who are likely to develop cardiovascular diseases.
Proper use of cardiomagnyl is a guarantee of a healthy heart.
It is necessary to understand well how to take cardiomagnyl correctly. Of course, the doctor will tell about it. Tablets can be swallowed completely, as well as drink, in any case it is important to use a considerable amount of pure water. The use of the drug does not depend on the ingestion of food, but if there is an undesirable effect on the gastrointestinal tract, the doctor will advise doing this after meals.-
- In CHD, the doctor often writes in the appointment of cardiomagnyl, initially 2 tablets per day. There is also a maintenance dose of 1 tablet.
- If an acute myocardial infarction or unstable angina is detected, the dosage should be from 2 to 6 tablets per day. You must start the reception immediately after the attack.
How to take cardio for prevention? Often, doctors make these appointments:
- Prevention of thrombosis recurrence - 2 tablets per day. After the course of treatment, the doctor may prescribe a maintenance dose - 1 tablet per day.
- Prevention of thrombosis, heart and vascular diseases for patients at risk - 1 tablet per day.
The answer to the question of how long to take cardio, can only give a doctor who takes into account the condition of each patient. Often, people with cardiovascular diseases are prescribed for life, but with regular monitoring of blood clotting. It is important to remember that long-term medication with aspirin can cause bleeding, so you must strictly follow the instructions of the doctor.
Despite the high efficacy of the drug, it has the following contraindications:
- individual intolerance to the components, salicylates, non-steroid drugs;
- gastric ulcer in relapse;
- bleeding tendency;
- 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
Cardiomagnyl is not used by pediatricians, it is prescribed with care by the elderly. Before a planned operation, the pill is stopped several days before it.
If you follow all the instructions of the doctor, cardiogram will give the desired result. It is important to constantly take care of your heart. Only timely and correct use of cardiofilm will help prevent serious complications that may affect the quality of life and its duration.