Many have already managed to replenish their home first-aid kit with Bifiform. He saves with diarrhea and puts intestinal microflora in order. Since the product contains live bacteria, the question naturally arises as to how to take bifiform, before or after food, so that the medicine does not lose its healing properties. Let's see!
From What helps Bifiform?
This remedy belongs to the category of antidiarrheal drugs, that is, it stops diarrhea. Bifiform is a combination medicine combining the properties of probiotics and prebiotics. If these words do not speak to you about anything, then the drug can be explained without medical terms.
Everything is very simple. It is known that bacteria live in the intestines. Some of them are useful, others are harmful. If the second becomes much larger than the first, then the intestine begins to act up: there is pain, the chair is broken. Bifiform normalizes the activity of this organ, since it supplies it with ready-made beneficial bifidobacteria and enterococci. The tasks of Bifiform are to eliminate dysbacteriosis, get rid of excessive and painful gas formation, improve the functioning of the intestines and the stomach, cure diarrhea, strengthen the immune system. The drug has a positive effect on the absorption of vitamins and the enzymatic breakdown of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
Can Does food affect the effectiveness of the drug?
How to take Bifiform - before meals or after? In order not to be mistaken, look at the instructions. It says that drinking medicine is allowed at any time, regardless of the use of food. In addition, the drug can be dissolved in any liquid (water, juice). Since the capsules are coated with a special coating that is resistant to hydrochloric acid, you can not worry about the fact that they will dissolve in the stomach, and beneficial microorganisms will lose their viability. The medicine will pass without loss through the digestive tract and will go exactly to its destination, the intestine, where it will begin its work.
Does Bifiform form friends with antibiotics and other drugs?
If a patient takes antibacterial or other drugs, then this will not prevent him from using Bifiform. Its structure includes strains of bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics. Therefore, you can safely drink this probiotic.
The only remark about how to take bifiform with antibiotics - it is recommended to maintain a short pause between taking these two drugs. In other words, it is better to drink the next probiotic capsule 3 hours after the antibiotic has been swallowed.
What kind varieties can be found in the pharmacy and how to take them?
Manufacturers (this tool is made in Denmark) offer consumers Bifiform to choose from in different dosage forms:
- enteric gelatin capsules. They can be drunk both for adults and young patients. How to take bifiform capsules depends on the diagnosis and condition of the patient. The standard scheme is as follows: 1 tablet 2-3 times per day (up to a maximum of 4 times).
With severe diarrhea, the dosage can be increased, but only with the permission of the doctor. In most cases, the patient's condition improves already a day after the start of the drug. But this is not a signal for its termination. Drink the drug should be 2-3 capsules to fully normalize the condition. Usually, the treatment of intestinal dysbiosis is from 10 to 21 days; with diarrhea - up to 4-5 days.
If a comprehensive eradication therapy is carried out, then the medicine is drunk 2 pcs. twice a day;
- sachet (chewable tablets Bifiform Baby with orange-raspberry flavor). They look like a dragee of light yellow color with multi-colored specks. Prepacked in a special case of 20 or 40 pcs. Kids up to 3 years old should chew on 1 plate 2-3 p. in a day. Children over the specified age take 2 sachets of 3 p. per day. The duration of treatment is at least 5 days.
If an infection is treated in the intestine or the drug is prescribed to eliminate food allergies, the dosage is increased to 4 sachets per day. Therapy lasts 4 months;
- tablets Bifiform Baby. If the child is between 1 and 2 years old, then he should be given a probiotic, 1 tablet 3 r. per day, older than 2 years - 2 pcs. three times a day;
- oil solution Bifiform Baby (is a dietary supplement). It is produced in the form of a glass bottle with a volume of 6.9 ml, equipped with a pipette. The method of administration is to turn the lid clockwise so that the bacteria are in the oil, shake the vial vigorously. Pick up the medicine with a pipette in the amount of 50 mg. Consume with food. The course of treatment - from a week or longer;
- powder for the preparation of suspension Bifiform Baby with a pleasant orange flavor. He is bred in water or liquid food and given to children 1 p. per day in the amount of 0.5 ml (one dose). Treatment takes 10 to 20 days.
Need to Are you afraid of side effects and what are the contraindications?
Even pregnant and lactating mothers can drink this probiotic with a calm heart. It does not provoke undesirable reactions and does not have any negative effect on the pregnancy or the fetus. The drug is also allowed to those who suffer from lactose intolerance.
As for contraindications, they are minimal. These include:
- age up to 2 years;
- hypersensitivity to the components of Bifiform: glucose, yeast, locust syrup, lactulose, magnesium stearate, soybean oil and several others (they are mentioned in the instructions).
How to drink bifiform, before meals or after, does not play any role: it does not affect its effectiveness. But what is really important is to properly store the tool. If the medicine is not opened, it is enough to keep it in a dry place at a temperature not higher than 25 degrees. But when it is printed and prepared suspension, it should be put in the refrigerator to prevent the death of bacteria. This happens if the storage temperature exceeds plus 8˚.