Garlic is one of the most beneficial to plant health and is used almost everywhere - it is added to mushroom, vegetable and meat dishes, in marinades, soups, various pickles, etc. It is widely used in traditional medicine, as it is considered an effective antiviral agent. But, despite a lot of positive qualities, garlic has a significant drawback - an unpleasant and sharp smell, which can be very hard to get rid of.
How to kill the smell of garlic?
In order to remove the sharp and unpleasant aroma of garlic, you can use coffee beans, parsley, bay leaf, refreshing chewing gum, cow's milk, lemon or lime.
The main cause of the appearance of an unpleasant smell is precisely the core of the clove. Therefore, before eating it, it is necessary to cut along the length, then remove the core, due to which the aroma will be much weaker. This method is one of the most simple and effective.
To ease the pungent smell of garlic, you can eat fresh parsley immediately after the meal. But it is worth remembering that the aroma of greenery will only disguise garlic. Instead of parsley, you can use bay leaves, but this method is not suitable for everyone, as laurel has not the most pleasant taste.
If you can not chew bay leaf or parsley, you can take a slice of lemon and suck it a little. Also perfect lime juice or lemon.
However, using this method is not for everyone. It should be abandoned if there is an individual intolerance or in the presence of certain diseases of the digestive tract.
To combat the unpleasant garlic odor, you can use coffee beans, which you just need to hold a little in the mouth, then chew. Coffee has a fairly strong characteristic aroma and can completely muffle the smell of garlic.
Strongly flavored chewing gum or peppermint can also help. However, it is worth remembering that this method only temporarily removes the unpleasant smell and soon it can reappear.-
How to remove the smell of garlic from your hands: tips
To remove the unpleasant smell of garlic from the hands, it is necessary to wet them with water, then apply a small amount of liquid soap, and pour about the same amount of salt on top of the soap (instead of salt, you can take ground coffee). Salt perfectly copes with the task of removing an unpleasant odor from the skin of the hands. It is necessary to foam and properly rub your palms, paying particular attention to your fingers. This procedure should be carried out for about a minute.
At the end of the hand rinsed with plenty of running water (preferably cold). Then they should be rubbed on any object made of stainless steel (for example, a washstand). In the event that the garlic smell still remains, it is necessary to repeat this procedure once again.
How to get rid of the smell of garlic: effective methods
- An unpleasant and rather persistent smell is formed due to the fact that the juice contains unique phosphoric compounds and essential oils.
- Perfectly cope with the difficult task of removing the aroma from such a natural product as milk. The most effective result will be in the case of using a more fatty product, since it is fats that can have the desired effect.
- You can use a variety of spices - for example, cloves. In this case, it will be necessary to chew them a little. Of course, this process will not be the most pleasant, but it gives you just an amazingly lasting result. You can also chew and flax seeds. The most famous method is to use mint leaves.
- One of the effective means of removing garlic odor is fresh apples. In this case, it is necessary to eat the fruit, but only chewing thoroughly.
- Of course, the above methods may not always be at hand. At home, immediately after eating, you can simply brush your teeth, but here you should use a paste with a strong mint flavor.
- The most suitable option for a modern person living at a fast pace would be the use of special breath fresheners. However, not everyone is relieved of the smell of garlic, so before purchasing such a product, you should pay attention to the label, which should indicate that it neutralizes this particular fragrance.
Garlic has a lot of useful properties and, perhaps, only one drawback. Because of it there is a persistent pungent smell from the mouth. To cope with this trouble, you can use proven popular methods or chewing gum and breath freshener.