The ring is one of the most favorite jewelry for women of any age. There are rings that are worn as a certain symbol (for example, a wedding ring - a sign that the lady is married) or as a memory of a memorable event (presented on a birthday, anniversary, etc.), or simply as an original jewelry.
But, unfortunately, those who like to wear rings often have such an unpleasant situation, like swelling of a finger. In this case, the ring can be very difficult to remove from the finger. What to do in this case?
Why do my fingers swell?
- Summer heat- one of the most common causes of finger swelling. With an increase in body temperature (caused from the outside or from the inside), the fingers of the hands increase in volume. Not only 30 ° C outside the window can cause swelling of the finger on which you wear the ring, but also an increase in the temperature of your body for physiological reasons (illness, inflammation, cold, etc.). In this case, the ring squeezes the swollen finger and often causes discomfort and pain. Remove the ring in the usual way (pulling it off the finger) does not work, and sudden movements can traumatize the skin of the finger and not succeed. From this finger can swell even more, and then already remove the ring is not possible.
- Often fingers with the power of physiological changes in the body swell in women during pregnancy. In this case, the swelling appears not only on the fingers, but also on the legs, hands, eyelids and some other parts of the body. Only a doctor can help relieve edema in a pregnant woman by medical treatment, for example, with diuretic drugs. In late pregnant women, the kidneys do not work well due to an increase in the fetus and its pressure on all internal abdominal organs.
Advice to pregnant women: if you notice that the ring is removed with difficulty or after removing the ring there are sharp fingerprints, then refuse to wear the ring. It is best for pregnant women (especially if the last months of pregnancy fall on a hot period of the year) to remove all the rings from their hands, to refuse to wear them before delivery.
How to remove a ring from a swollen finger?
Over the years, people have accumulated recipes to quickly and easily remove the ring from a swollen finger.
- The most common way is to remove the ring under water. The water must be cold! Cold removes swelling, and the ring is removed from the finger effortlessly. But it happens that this method does not help, since the swelling of the finger is stronger and the cold water cannot eliminate it.
- There is another way - lather your finger well with a ring. Turn the ring on your finger and remove it. Soap creates an additional slip ring on the finger, and the problem is easily fixed. It is important to soap your finger well in cold water.
- If these two methods do not help, then before using one of them again, attach ice to your finger. After some time, try again to remove the ring in the ways described above.
- There is a cardinal method of solving the problem - cutting the ring. Doing it yourself is not recommended! Should seek help from a doctor.
- The last and most effective way to remove the ring from the swollen finger without disrupting the integrity of the ring is to remove the ring using dental floss. Follow the instructions:
- Wash your hands in cold water. This will reduce the swelling of the finger.
- Wipe your fingers, but do not rub them!
- Insert dental floss under the ring.
- Then wrap the thread around your finger.
- Move around the finger from its base (where the ring is) to the nail plate. Turns should be not very dense, but close to each other.
- Now yourself (or someone from your loved ones) quickly and gently pull the free end of the thread to remove the ring.
- Uncoil quickly! You will see that the ring is slowly moving towards the nail. After a few seconds the ring is removed from the finger!
- This method is quite painful. Sometimes it is very difficult to thread a thread under the ring, especially if the finger is very swollen. But you will succeed. You can ask for help from a friend, husband or child.
These are simple and effective ways to remove a ring from a swollen finger! If for some reason none of them could help you, you will have to go to the hospital. But before that, try as many times as you have patience! And remember that after each unsuccessful attempt the finger swells even more, so give time to your body to recover, let the tumor subside. And then you all, of course, succeed!